2008 Dodge Durango

Based on 715 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Its been good so far.

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "great price, good gas mileage, great power"

Cons: "cheap plastic, electrical problems,"

"I owned this SUV since 133k miles on it now has 141k. the tranny does have a mind of its own sometimes and I am starting to have problems with the front fan not wanting to work same with the 4wd which is wierd because its AWD. The plastic is pretty cheap in some areas like on the front seats especially they are falling apart. sadly it takes 7 quarts of oil (5.7 hemi) great power. bought it in May of '14 so i havent had it for to long. Alot more power after I put a K&N air intake on it. not a whole lot of room under the hood to work on. kind of tight width wise for bigger people. not much room for storage (ie glove box and center console) Has alot of blind spots on the front end or mabe i just sit weird. Gets better gas mileage than my 95 ford F-150 5.8L and my 92 Dodge D-100 318. though has a little bit to much room for just me."

Bought this Durango new.

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Best handling and performing SUV"

Cons: "Cheap materials used on interior"

"This has been a great vehicle to own. Other than regular oil changes and three sets of tires, the SUV has been extremely reliable. Gas mileage is not that great, but what do you expect from a 5.7 liter engine and a heavy duty vehicle. All systems continue to function well with the exception of the stacking CD player. I am on my second unit and the CD player no longer works. The CD's appear to get jammed. Leather interior and paint have held up well. Fit and finish of interior could be better and would prefer less use of cheap looking plastics. Would I buy this vehicle again? Absolutely! Do I recommend it to others? Absolutely!"

good value...got what i paid 4

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"this has been a very reliable, however bland, vehicle ownership experience..."

Durango SXT AWD is simple yet very funtional

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Room, funtionality, AWD!, tow package, storage bin"

Cons: "4.7 could use a little more HP/typical big SUV MPG"

"I bought my Durango used with 65k on it and since have nearly put 10k more on it. I purposely picked the SXT trim for the delete 3rd row seat in favor of the additional storage compartment. I also chose a AWD/2spd 4WD model for that added function for the ICE storms we have in SC. Other than a trans service because of the mileage and a related ESP sensor this truck has performed brilliantly. The AWD system is superb, I can traverse my up hill gravel driveway with no slip where other's spin. It handles ice, snow, mud, heavy rain, and wet field grass like it were dry. The interior of the SXT is not luxurious, but it is perfect for anyone who is outdoorsy, has pets, hunts, or just wants a functional over frilly vehicle. Seats are comfortable for long hauls, and there is plenty of legroom for grown adults(I'm 6'3"). I have seen comments of interior is plasticy, it is but it's durable and less to worry about falling apart. I have two huge storage bins in the back under the main floor. One for towing/hauling gear, the other for my outdoorsy stuff I don't want laying around. Only gripe I have is I wish the 4.7 flex fuel put out 250hp to 300hp instead of the 230hp, but it will still adequately get up and go when passing and merging on the highway. The other is the fuel mileage, but this thing has all the function I want, room, and durability so I will live with the 16-22mpg."

Great value for money.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Value for $"

Cons: "Map sensor is a pain in the transmission."

"A "Jack of All Trades" but a master of none. 4x4 works good and my "Limited" has an electronic Locking Differential, which is great for Northern States winter snow.Electronics work well. Lots of room. Interior seats are leather with sued inserts. Rest of interior is a bit "Plastic-ish", kind of cheap. Infinity sound system is booming. V-8 4.7(not flex fuel) Power is OK and it is quite reliable. Transmission has a mind of it's own very easily influenced by the MAP sensor if it is dirty. No check "eng" light but if rev counter fluctuating in "park" or "N", bad things happen when you go in "D". Trans goes haywire, bangs,slips and fuel usage goes up. This issue can even cause a "stall" while driving. It happened to me once. Don't panic, do not slam on the brakes. Just coast to a safe stop on side of road. It should start right up after you shut key off to reset it and then start vehicle. I noticed in dodge forums many people say they have same problem. Overall not bad after 7 years and 50k miles with no major or constant minor issues. I am a bit torn if I would by another one. After 7 years I would have to re evaluate the market as it is very dynamic."

Comfort,handling,reliability are a +. MPG is a -.

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Price was good, very comfortabe and easy to drive."

Cons: "Fuel mileage, by todays standards, is lacking."

"I have owned 2 other Durango's, a 2001 and a 2003, and they were both excellent vehicles. The 2005 has given me the same, if not more, reliability, comfort, enjoyment and a feeling of safety. It handles well considering its weight and size. On long trips, it rides smoothly and road and wind noise are barely perceptible. The steering wheel mounted controls for the cruise control and sound system affords less distraction. In fact, all controls are placed where they present little distraction to the operator which, in my opinion, is paramount! Less distractions equals fewer accidents! The only negative thing I can say is, the fuel mileage leaves a lot to be desired."

Loved my 1999 Durango. Love this 2007 Durango.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, reliable"

Cons: "plastic interior not fancy"

"Love my 2011 Durango. While all different - they have been great vehicles. Plenty of performance with great reliability. The 2007 is ugly - pregnant Caravan was one comment - but drives like a champ."

good

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

"Good"

Great all around vehicle

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic for towing"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"We have used this vehicle to tow our 28' trailer, the Hemi engine package with the factory towing package preforms perfectly. It has a very smooth ride, handles well in snow and wet conditions. Plenty of room inside for 6 people, but will accommodate 7. Fuel consumption while not towing is around 17 to 18 mpg on the highway, city and highway combined is around 13 to 14 mpg. Fuel consumption while towing is 9 to 10 mpg. The only parts I have replaced since owning the vehicle (we bought it used in 2008) is the alternator, shocks and brakes and battery."

Great all around truck!

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, space, reliably, AWD/4wd"

Cons: "Seat side covers are cracked from hamplanets"

"This is a much better vehicle than my 6.9 ford, I can go off-road, hauling a 9000 lb trailer doing 60 while hauling 7 of my friends for a trip, and the price is right and has many options!"

I have had a great experience with this automobile

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive,smooth ride and dependable."

Cons: "Color Black, hot in summer"

"A little big for me."

Great car

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Great value, very relibale, comfortable, useful"

Cons: "navigation system and radio stopped working"

"Too bad the 2014-2015 Durango's have changed so much. They had a great template"

I love the SUV its the best vehicle ive ever had

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "a/c didn't last more than 4 yrs"

"It's comfortable, reliable, and very good in the snow. I've had to put very little money into this vehicle and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned and have had it now for over 9 yrs. Only used the four wheel drive for my driveway and the regular woods and the mountain/hilly side roads didn't need the 4WD. Very spacious and comfy for all passengers even in the third row seating."

Best vehicle I have owned!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"This is by far the most reliable and best vehicle I have ever owned!"

Love this car!

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "reliable, safe, lots of power"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"I have truly enjoyed this car, it has never let me down. I have power, comfort, and I feel safe. For being basically like a truck it rides very smoothly. I have taken my family in this car all over the western U.S. with zero concerns or issues. I get around so well in the winter too, never had any problems at all."

Fantastic SUV that is very versatile.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability / Fun to drive / Good looks"

"We have owned our Durango for 9 years now and have loved it. We have only had to do obvious maintenance that is required of a daily driver, brakes / tires / hoses / belts / spark plugs / oil changes / trans fluid changes. It's never let us down."

Great driving vehicle

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "hemi v8 on the road gets great gas mileage,"

Cons: "third row seat is useless"

"We purchased this vehicle in 2006 we had a DVD player installed and have driven this SUV for 8 years now and no problems to speak of. The only negitive I have is the third row seat, it. absolutely useless to us. we very seldom raise the second row seats, only when we have infrequent passengers. If you have a vehicle such as this Durango, the vehicles with no third row seat seem to have much more rear seat legroom. having said all that, this vehicle would be perfect for a family with small children"

Great ride

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power. Fun to drive."

Cons: "small cup holders, mileage per gallon."

"I have had my durango for over a year now and i absolutely love it."

Never was a Dodge man but VERY pleased overall.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior, great power-to-fuel economy."

Cons: "Oil pan rotted through. Tailgate latch weak."

"Smaller V-8 gives great power-to-fuel economy. Back 4 spark plugs are a witch to get to. Tons and tons of interior space for people OR cargo, perhaps not both at the same time. Lots of compartments for storage but BEWARE severe wind-buffeting if you open ONLY the rear windows. Compensate by cracking open the front windows and cranking up the great sound system. VERY reliable to a fault - I can't find any '04 or newer Durangos in the salvage yards for pieces I might need or want. Living n the northeast "rustbelt" is taking its toll though - oil pan rotted through(easy to replace as pulling the motor - wink wink). Fantastic in the snow - even if the 17" tires are a bit on the pricey side to replace. Lots of cup-holders and 12v power sockets =GOOD, but lots of fragile interior plastic =Bad. Never much cared for Dodge but I am VER happy with what I got with the second-generation Durango. Much of what has broken or gone bad wouldn't have happend down south or out west - somewhere where they don't dump tons of salt on the road every winter."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "safe"

Cons: "19mpg tops"

"We have owned this car since it was new great price and dealer satisfaction, you can drive a long way with this vehicle it is a nice quiet ride, I replaced a water pump, brakes and it is rusting under the gas cap like many I have seen in this area, such a shame they should have recalled them for that. holds 8 if you have to, good bang for the buck, still handles and runs like new,"

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

Love, love, love my Durango

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"I have owned my 2005 Dodge Durango for 7 years. It has gone through mild and severe winters and never failed me, not even a sluggish start. This includes time when it sat out in the elements and when it was parked in a garage. It has taken my family to Florida 4 times and to Gatlinburg many times....and it never one time faltered. It has provided me transportation to and from work, many work trips, and any other errand I needed to run. I could not be happier with this car. In fact, my husband just bought me a 2013 GMC Yukon and I cannot bring myself to enjoy it for the sheer fact that I truly loved driving my Durango."

this vehicle had been maintained regularly

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have had the body rust professionally repaired several times and have custom brakes on all four wheels. It also has custom wheels and tires for summer. It has a weston grille guard with the lights mounted in it."

good until.....

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Bought mine used with 25k, loved it, drives smoothly, great in snow, steers like a car, tows like a dream, no issues and only regular maintainance for most part. The issue with gas coming back out when filling up that someone else mentioned was a recall issue so gas tank replaced at no charge ( I had the issue in 2008) but then tierod broke, started having electrical issues-wipers turn on when truck is started, outlets stopped working,heated seats stopped working for a few days, and other various electrical problems. Then at around 100k, blower motor for heat/ac went, the wiring also melted/burned out, all major parts going at once- water pump, trannie line leaks, control arms and wheel bearings/joints...but worst is the electrical issue has magnified to where truck shifts itself in /out of 4wd on its own while driving, 4wd indicator lights go on/off, remote door unlock or even just opening doors triggers he transfer case even if truck is parked and off...googled issue and apparently there are hundreds of Durango and Ram owners with the same issue...mechanics pinpojnt it to a short in the ac or transfer case, mega bucks to fix. I am ready to roll it off a cliff at this point...."

Best Vehicle that we ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Proud to own"

"Much better truck than the new body style"