2008 Dodge Durango

Based on 715 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Its been good so far.

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "great price, good gas mileage, great power"

Cons: "cheap plastic, electrical problems,"

"I owned this SUV since 133k miles on it now has 141k. the tranny does have a mind of its own sometimes and I am starting to have problems with the front fan not wanting to work same with the 4wd which is wierd because its AWD. The plastic is pretty cheap in some areas like on the front seats especially they are falling apart. sadly it takes 7 quarts of oil (5.7 hemi) great power. bought it in May of '14 so i havent had it for to long. Alot more power after I put a K&N air intake on it. not a whole lot of room under the hood to work on. kind of tight width wise for bigger people. not much room for storage (ie glove box and center console) Has alot of blind spots on the front end or mabe i just sit weird. Gets better gas mileage than my 95 ford F-150 5.8L and my 92 Dodge D-100 318. though has a little bit to much room for just me."

Bought this Durango new.

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Best handling and performing SUV"

Cons: "Cheap materials used on interior"

"This has been a great vehicle to own. Other than regular oil changes and three sets of tires, the SUV has been extremely reliable. Gas mileage is not that great, but what do you expect from a 5.7 liter engine and a heavy duty vehicle. All systems continue to function well with the exception of the stacking CD player. I am on my second unit and the CD player no longer works. The CD's appear to get jammed. Leather interior and paint have held up well. Fit and finish of interior could be better and would prefer less use of cheap looking plastics. Would I buy this vehicle again? Absolutely! Do I recommend it to others? Absolutely!"

good value...got what i paid 4

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"this has been a very reliable, however bland, vehicle ownership experience..."

Durango SXT AWD is simple yet very funtional

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Room, funtionality, AWD!, tow package, storage bin"

Cons: "4.7 could use a little more HP/typical big SUV MPG"

"I bought my Durango used with 65k on it and since have nearly put 10k more on it. I purposely picked the SXT trim for the delete 3rd row seat in favor of the additional storage compartment. I also chose a AWD/2spd 4WD model for that added function for the ICE storms we have in SC. Other than a trans service because of the mileage and a related ESP sensor this truck has performed brilliantly. The AWD system is superb, I can traverse my up hill gravel driveway with no slip where other's spin. It handles ice, snow, mud, heavy rain, and wet field grass like it were dry. The interior of the SXT is not luxurious, but it is perfect for anyone who is outdoorsy, has pets, hunts, or just wants a functional over frilly vehicle. Seats are comfortable for long hauls, and there is plenty of legroom for grown adults(I'm 6'3"). I have seen comments of interior is plasticy, it is but it's durable and less to worry about falling apart. I have two huge storage bins in the back under the main floor. One for towing/hauling gear, the other for my outdoorsy stuff I don't want laying around. Only gripe I have is I wish the 4.7 flex fuel put out 250hp to 300hp instead of the 230hp, but it will still adequately get up and go when passing and merging on the highway. The other is the fuel mileage, but this thing has all the function I want, room, and durability so I will live with the 16-22mpg."

Great value for money.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Value for $"

Cons: "Map sensor is a pain in the transmission."

"A "Jack of All Trades" but a master of none. 4x4 works good and my "Limited" has an electronic Locking Differential, which is great for Northern States winter snow.Electronics work well. Lots of room. Interior seats are leather with sued inserts. Rest of interior is a bit "Plastic-ish", kind of cheap. Infinity sound system is booming. V-8 4.7(not flex fuel) Power is OK and it is quite reliable. Transmission has a mind of it's own very easily influenced by the MAP sensor if it is dirty. No check "eng" light but if rev counter fluctuating in "park" or "N", bad things happen when you go in "D". Trans goes haywire, bangs,slips and fuel usage goes up. This issue can even cause a "stall" while driving. It happened to me once. Don't panic, do not slam on the brakes. Just coast to a safe stop on side of road. It should start right up after you shut key off to reset it and then start vehicle. I noticed in dodge forums many people say they have same problem. Overall not bad after 7 years and 50k miles with no major or constant minor issues. I am a bit torn if I would by another one. After 7 years I would have to re evaluate the market as it is very dynamic."