2007 Dodge Durango

Based on 738 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Very good quality vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for the entire family!"

"I have owned my Durango since new and have not had one issue with it. I have added trailer brakes and a hitch. It is great for towing a mid size camper and having plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 kids. Last year when we went to cut our own christmas tree we had 6 kids and 2 adults and came back with 2 large trees. Excellent! Fuel mileage on the 8 cylinder is okay. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about either. My wife drives this in the winter time and is now not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable SUV that wont break the bank."

very stylish. plenty of room.

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "very stylish with plenty of room."

Cons: "rides rough, like a TRUCK"

"The biggest complaint is a HUGE driver's blindspot. The posts from the dashboard to the roof are wide and it's difficult to see on-coming traffic when making a turn. It's also hard to see behind you when backing up. I have had no mechanical trouble except the battery. There is no warning when the battery dies and it has left me stranded twice. Also, when the battery is replaced, the Air Bag light comes on and won't reset. That's annoying. Overall, good car."

Great Vehicle, Holds up well in Accidents

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I purchased my 2006 Dodge durango Limited in 2006. I was involved in an accident in 2007 in which an elderly lady t-boned me at an intersection. She was driving a car and hit me in the drivers side front tire. When she hit me, her car went into a spin and was a mess. Her car was totaled. My durango had damage on the front driver's quarter panel and the edge of the bumper, but there was very minimal damage. At the time of the accident, I was on a 4-lane state hwy going 65 mph and she was crossing over all 4 lanes going about 20 mph on impact. At the speed I was going, I am very happy with how well the durango held up. I slid to a stop very easily on impact without any rocking of the vehicle. I am thrilled the durango held up so well and did not flip when hit from the side at such high speeds. I was pregnant at the time and had zero injuries. My now toddler loves the dvd player in the durango. The durango is very spacious. We can put our dog in his X-large dog cage in the rear with the 3rd seat folded down and fit all our luggage, baby swings, pack-n-plays, strollers, and supplies for a week at the grandparents for ourselves, our two kids (ages 2 and 6 months) without having to put anything on the roof!"

excellent tow vehicle

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"We purchased this 2004 vehicle used in 2007 to tow our 25' camper. It is fully loaded and has the hemi engine. This summer we towed the camper to California & back in complete comfort. Gas mileage: 10.6 mpg towing 3,200 miles. For normal highway driving 18-19, 12-13 local. Love the power and space. Fold down the seats and haul lots of stuff. Starts & runs well in snow and cold. Minor issues with quality of interior trim. Low mileage so will probably drive it many more years."

Very nice SUV

By on Saturday, July 4, 2009

"I have owned this car since new and have put 100k miles on it. I love the interior room, the seats (very comfortable), the sound system and the overall ergonomics. It offers a great ride on the open road, and its size and height give you a great sense of security (especially when passing large trucks). I have always driven SUVs and this is easily the best I've owned, my Explorer and Bronco don't even compare. The Durango is much more refined . . . and much more powerful. Only drawbacks include a problem w/ the rear differential around 80k miles which cost me $2k to fix. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Some pet peves, I think the interior plastic trim is on the cheap side, stains easily and the overall fit and finish could be better. However, that is quickly overlooked when you put your foot down and the 5.7L Hemi launches you on to the highway or past slow moving traffic. Fuel econonmy is obviously not great (its an SUV) but I average about 17 mpg which was the same as my 6 cyl 4.0L Explorer. Overall nice SUV and great value for the money."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I bought my 2005 Limited w/Hemi and it had about 81,000. I had to replace the Catalytic Converter as it was shot and of course warranty was up at 80,000. I did not hold this against the vehicle as it was just one of those things where there was probably something in the gas and not really a big deal. I also replaced the multi-switch that controls turn signals and wipers. Total repairs are about $400. The truck drives great and can tow a lot. I do not have MDS as I just missed out on that and I get 13-14 with a very heavy foot. I don't understand why people talk bad about Dodge this vehicle is great and so was my last Durango and Grand Cherokee. If you are out there shopping I would suggest you take a look at a rig like this as they really are a gem. They cost less than a Tahoe and have way less issues from what I have found. I don't have a warranty on mine and have about 103,000 on my truck and I really don't care this thing runs great."

good all around suv

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"i have a 2006 durango with the hemi v-8 and its fully loaded leather dvd 2 setting driver seat rear air you get the point i have had NO problems and the car can flat out fly. for an suv, love the car wouldnt trade it for anything"

Just Totaled My 2005 LTD

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Just Totaled My 2005 LTD fully loaded with a hemi 5.7. I should not have walked away from this accident if you see the outside. I spun out on ice and caught solid ground and rolled it 3-4 times. The roof was crushed in and the sides looked like they were hit with a 10,000 lb bolder 3 or more times. Other than the moon roof blowing up, no other window broke. The inside was a little shorter, but other than that no internal damage. The structure of the vehicle held together, and i know thats how i walked away from it."

Extremely comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"I was very impressed with this vehicle! I drove it off of the showroom floor directly home to pack to evacuate to LA because of Hurricane Ike! It drove like it was driving itself! It was so very easy to drive and the comfort was incredible! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

big family suv

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"This vehicle is very nice for families that have more than four kids-we have 5. Overlooking the ongoing electrical issues, the vehicle is a very nice vehicle. It is reliable-the electrical issues do not have an effect on how the vehicle performs, the breaking is awesome, and it handles nice in the mountains, and even thought it is a 2x4-it handles well in 2-4 inches of snow, the gas mileage is so-so, and if you have a large family-its best to do any shopping without the kids-lack of room behind the third row. There is only room for a double stroller, and a small diaper bag behind the third row. If using two car seats you can only use the latch system on the seats closest to the rear doors-thus any other child has to put the middle part of the backseat down in order to get into the back. For a teenager-it can be difficult. Improvements could be made in the roominess-the dashboard-too big-wasted space, and improvements have been made in the newer models in M.P.G. Also this vehicle is known for "cheap" trim, when I purchased this vehicle, the trim on the sides of the front seats were already cracked, and I have seen this on other Durangos like mine-the cost for replacement for both sides around $260.00. overall Happy with what I drive-except for the electrical issues"