2007 Dodge Durango

Based on 709 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

A monster of a truck

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "high stance, great drive, look great"

Cons: "no aux hook up"

"I bought this truck used. I bought this truck knowing it had a hemi. So I wasn't surprised with the fuel economy like some of the people on here. An awesome truck! If driven soft, can get 21 mpg. Hard driving will give you closer to 14 mpg. Lots of power when needed. Lots of space. Great feel when driven. Sound very tough when just barely touching the gas. If you want good fuel economy, don't get this truck. If don't mind paying the extra amount to fill it up, one HECK of a truck!"

I have loved my Durango for 10 years.

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, and lots of room."

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great, but it's a big SUV."

"I bought this car new in 2004. I have always had a 30 to 40 minute commute to work and back. I put 227,500 miles on it so far. I broke down one time only, because of a bad water pump. Other than that I had no flats, or mechanical problems, until now. It is old and tired, and it has served me well. I feel like I am losing an old friend. My kids are grown, and I am downsizing."

Most reliable truck I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, interior size/seating, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride, handling in snow (4x2)"

"I traded my 2003 Durango in to buy my 2004 Durango new and have loved every minute of owning it. It has loads of cargo space. I've moved my entire house twice using only my Durango. With the Hemi, this thing has plenty of power; however, that power is a downfall in snow. I've had only one real issue with the truck and that was the power steering system, but that appears to have been resolved. I drove the truck for 5 years in South Korea and learned that even as big as it is, it can go down some seriously small roads without any problem. Visibility is good, ride could be better, but it's overall a lot of fun to drive."

Hands down the best SUV i have owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, powerful, great 4 off road"

Cons: "bad on gas."

"I know most people would not think of the Durango as an off road vehicle. But I lifted mine 4 inches. I also added some 20x12.5 in rims on 33s off road tires. Guessing that added to the poor gas mileage. But with just the K&N intake and straight dual Magnaflow exhaust the Durango feels Powerful and was great on gas, again till i added the big heavy rims. But i have to say some of my most fun moments the Durango has taken me there, and the Arizona trails such as Chiva Falls have been a blast to drive through. My Durango is 10k short of 200000 and still runs like a champ. I truly believe that with regular maintenance my Durango will get me to 300k without any problems as it has been since i got it."

Spacious and convenient with flaws

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, 3 rows (stow-able), entertainment"

Cons: "GAS GUZZLER, randomly shuts off, slow acceleration"

"Pros: Large, lots of room, convenient (6-CD changer, satellite radio, lots of cup holders) Cons: terrible gas mileage, car shuts off randomly when turning the steering wheel all the way, doors are heavy Overall, this car is great if you have a large family and disposable income for gas."

I Love my 2004 Dodge Durrango!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Safe, dependable, great looking, runs great"

"I bought my 2004 Dodge Durango new and loaded and never had any problems with it except for new tires and oil changes!!! I only put 41,000 miles on it so far and can not find any car as dependable as mine. Yes the gas mileage may not be so great, but the money I saved on no repairs in 10 years, made up for 12/17 MPG. It's tough, strong, good looking and safe!"

I was warned

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"I was warned that everything went wrong after 100,000 miles and how pricey it is to fix. We have taken very well care of it and at first it was very nice but then lights started popping on from every corner! The gas kills my family every week we put about 70 dollars in to fill it up once. Would not buy one again and wish that we could finance another car."

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Hemi, Great in Snow, Exterior Styling"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage, Cheap Interior Plastics"

"I've owned my 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Hemi for 6 years and it's been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. In that time, the only issue I've had was a bad EGR Valve (easy fix). Other then that, it's just been basic maintenance. The Durango has plenty of power and drives smooth. Fuel economy isn't great, but I knew that when I bought it. Winter handling is the best I've ever experienced. Total confidence driving in the deepest snow with the AWD selected. If you need a vehicle that is great in snow, can seat 8 and tow/haul, then this is the one."

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"

Comfortable ride, too many problems

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "very smooth ride, great power"

Cons: "motor burned up at 38000 mi among other problems"

"Bought a 2005 model in 2007, starting having problems within a year: interior lights stay on, stalling(replaced EGR valve and fixed this), and in Dec 2010 with only 38000 miles, the engine began knocking. Found out that a cam bearing fried. Service was kept up on it, but no explanation yet why the motor burned up. Don't think I will by a Dodge again."