2007 Dodge Durango

Based on 709 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Driving SUV Very Poor Gas Mileage

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"We have the Limited, Hemi engine model. We choose this SUV to Downsize from a Surburban thus giving up cargo and passanger space. Durango is very nice inside comfort in seating. Not alot of extra space for kids stuff or personal items. Smooth ride for a 4x4 SUV great for long trips. The major complaint is gas mileage or lack of, very poor. We are conservitave drivers even with the Hemi at hand. Now that we have 20,000 miles the durango averages about 13.5 to 14.5 per gal in town and about 18 sometimes up to 20 on a road trip. Maybe we should not complain but giving up space in comparasion to the Surburban and getting a little better gas mileage I would choose to have the Surburban back in a heartbeat. Durango shifts somewhat harder. But as SUVs go this one could be improved all around. Trade in value or private party value is totally in the negative. This should say enough."

I would not recommend!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I would not recommend unless you plan on having it forever. I baught my Durango July of 2005; after it was all said and done I paid $26,000. It is now August of 2007 and my balance is now $18,000. I took it to a dealership to trade in; and I was told the value is only $8,000. By the time I pay another $10,000 so that I can trade it in, the mileage and additional years will have brought the value down to nothing."

Love the room

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"We bought our Durango in Nov 06 for 12000 under invoice to begin with we really loved it have nad some problems with airbag light ,seat belt covers falling off. oil light not working properly But all in all a great suv OH yeah they really loose value fast we payed 26000 new loaded and now it is worth only 19000.00 with only 18000miles need to concider this if you trade often like we do because now we are kind of stuck for at least three years in it! so plan on keeping it a while! all in all Its a good Suv"

Good and Bad

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This is a good family hauler as long as your children dont sit in a rear facing car seat. My Durango has the middle bucket seats, with my son in his car seat the front passenger has to sit in the dashboard. I hooked up a 17' aluminum fishing boat and the rear of the Durango dropped 6 inches, and yes this came with the factory tow package. This is supposedly suppose to handle a sheet of plywood. This can only happen if it cut in half because 8' comes past the front console. I bought this thinking it would be perfect but it has pretty much failed evry test I have trown at it. I am going back to the Dodge Ram. The positives are that the ride is excellent, it has plenty of get up and go, nav is excellent, sound system is excellent. Fuel mileage even with the MDS I am getting high 15's and thent is with keeping my foot out of it."

Expensive Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I like the comfort, the Sound system and the look. The gas milage could be better in SLT 4.7 liter. I would expect 10 mpg. with a Hemi, but not a 4.7. The wind noise while all windows are up is anoing. The vibration a horrible when 1 or 2 of back windows are down. The doors rattle when driving over a bumpy road. It also Stalls when you stop suddenly. The last thing is after 1 yr. of ownership, I went to trade it in on a van for my wife and they told me I could only get $20,000 in trade. I still owe $32,000."