2006 Dodge Durango

Based on 737 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

reliable

By on Monday, December 3, 2012

Pros: "SUV gas mileage. Comfort for a crowd"

Cons: "small rust issue. Gas tank fill ups blow back gas"

"Bought the vehicle used because of the good reviews and have not been disappointed. Comfortable for 8. Great to take to the ballgames and tailgate. Decent mileage for a Suv. 20 on the highway 16 in town. A little rust issue on the back driver side fender. Seems to be a frequent problem. Blow back of gas if you fill the tank to the top."

Extremely Happy!

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I love my 2004 Durango. I bought mine new in '04 and have put 155,000 miles on it so far. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of storage when the 3rd row is being used. It is easy to get the kids in the back and it's fairly comfortable for adults. Beware of the maintenance cost. I haven't had to do much to mine however, routine maintenance does cost$$$. I was able to get 110K miles on the origional spark plugs but it cost me almost $300.00 to change them. Tires over $200ea. Overall GREAT VEHICLE!!!"

My favorite vehicle ever....

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

"Love Love Love this truck. Wish the back was a little bigger. But... we are able to use it with the back seat down when we travel. Just limits passengers. Nice ride. For an SUV it gets good gas mileage, but we knew when we bought it it would be expensive for gas but was surprised when it got better mileage than our ranger. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Worth every penny so far. We bought it used."

Love everything about this suv

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Size, motor, handles well, 3rd row seat, interior"

Cons: "No back u p help, vision in rear."

"One of the most reliable,dependable, vehicle's I have ever own. I am totally sold on this model, am sorry the discontinued. Loved the motor, 5.7 hemi, did get terrible mileage, but low cost maintenance makes up for it in the long run (170000) ."

Loved this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reason: Mileage getting high

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "Maintenance costs high, interior road noise"

"We loved our 2005 Dodge Durango w/Hemi engine. We finally decided to sell it when it reached 142,000 miles as we no longer needed to tow anything. I agree that maintenance was costly and we did notice some road noise, but overall we were more than pleased, and with the Hemi even our gas mileage was good."

great family vehicle

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, drives great, great price, good for all weather"

"I have had my 2008 Durango for 3 years now and still LOVE it! I went to the dealership with 3 requirements: 1. 4-wheel drive 2. room for 3 carseats and 3. lower payments. We all fit in comfortably with plenty of storage in the back for toys, groceries, luggage, strollers, etc. or we can flip the backseat up and take along friends. We've taken several road trips in the Durango and have not had a single problem nor have we had to do any major work on the vehicle yet. The bonus is that living in the midwest, winters are a pain and I have never been stuck in the snow nor slid off the road on ice. This truck handles like a dream. I plan on keeping this truck for another 100,000 miles!"

Great value

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Great value (IF bought used) and drives good for a big SUV. Perfect size for 90% of us - smaller than the Suburban/Expedition crowd but bigger than the Pathfinders/Explorers out there. We have 4 kids and bought to pull a trailer, which it does a fine job doing (we have the HEMI). The back seat and rear storage is a bit tight but certainly adeqaute. Mechanically very dependable but some minor quality issues. Lots of vehicle for the money, but don't buy new because of the enormous initial depreciation!"

I love the SUV its the best vehicle ive ever had

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "a/c didn't last more than 4 yrs"

"It's comfortable, reliable, and very good in the snow. I've had to put very little money into this vehicle and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned and have had it now for over 9 yrs. Only used the four wheel drive for my driveway and the regular woods and the mountain/hilly side roads didn't need the 4WD. Very spacious and comfy for all passengers even in the third row seating."

Great When it works

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and power AWD is awesome"

Cons: "many small problems"

"i bought this durango new in 05 its a great suv and i like it but it has problems the front end has a squeak and the dealer just replaced random parts till the warrenty ran out the replaced the rear drive shaft axle and torsion bars the swaybar steering box ball joints shocks front a arms torsion bars and they replaced the exaust manifold that didnt solve it so they rebuilt the motor and its still there i know they are just replacing stuff randomly and then they told me the engine had a knock i also had the transmission rebuilt under 100 thousand miles and ive never pulled anything with it the gas overflows and the plastic on the seats broke off and for some reason all the weather stripping is coming off the few goods about the car is its good in sand loaded with features and it is good looking i do take care of my cars and i like all of them i would highly reccomend buying a latter model because mine was an 04 build date and that was the 1st year of this model"

Really solid in all aspects

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "comfort, hauling capacity, reliability"

Cons: "plastic trim in wear areas-"

"Solid performer for over 120k miles. Three battery replacements and some plactic breakage on seat trim have been only complaints. Averaging about 17 MPG with 5.7 litre hemi. Real comfortable highway vehicle. Reasonable service costs compared to some foreign brands. Replaced belts and hoses at 90k miles as a routine practice. Brake pads replaced and rotors turned at 109k miles. I will probably keep to 200k miles. I have been pleasantly surprised in many ways by this vehicle."

Very good quality vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for the entire family!"

"I have owned my Durango since new and have not had one issue with it. I have added trailer brakes and a hitch. It is great for towing a mid size camper and having plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 kids. Last year when we went to cut our own christmas tree we had 6 kids and 2 adults and came back with 2 large trees. Excellent! Fuel mileage on the 8 cylinder is okay. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about either. My wife drives this in the winter time and is now not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable SUV that wont break the bank."

very stylish. plenty of room.

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "very stylish with plenty of room."

Cons: "rides rough, like a TRUCK"

"The biggest complaint is a HUGE driver's blindspot. The posts from the dashboard to the roof are wide and it's difficult to see on-coming traffic when making a turn. It's also hard to see behind you when backing up. I have had no mechanical trouble except the battery. There is no warning when the battery dies and it has left me stranded twice. Also, when the battery is replaced, the Air Bag light comes on and won't reset. That's annoying. Overall, good car."

Great Vehicle, Holds up well in Accidents

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I purchased my 2006 Dodge durango Limited in 2006. I was involved in an accident in 2007 in which an elderly lady t-boned me at an intersection. She was driving a car and hit me in the drivers side front tire. When she hit me, her car went into a spin and was a mess. Her car was totaled. My durango had damage on the front driver's quarter panel and the edge of the bumper, but there was very minimal damage. At the time of the accident, I was on a 4-lane state hwy going 65 mph and she was crossing over all 4 lanes going about 20 mph on impact. At the speed I was going, I am very happy with how well the durango held up. I slid to a stop very easily on impact without any rocking of the vehicle. I am thrilled the durango held up so well and did not flip when hit from the side at such high speeds. I was pregnant at the time and had zero injuries. My now toddler loves the dvd player in the durango. The durango is very spacious. We can put our dog in his X-large dog cage in the rear with the 3rd seat folded down and fit all our luggage, baby swings, pack-n-plays, strollers, and supplies for a week at the grandparents for ourselves, our two kids (ages 2 and 6 months) without having to put anything on the roof!"

excellent tow vehicle

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"We purchased this 2004 vehicle used in 2007 to tow our 25' camper. It is fully loaded and has the hemi engine. This summer we towed the camper to California & back in complete comfort. Gas mileage: 10.6 mpg towing 3,200 miles. For normal highway driving 18-19, 12-13 local. Love the power and space. Fold down the seats and haul lots of stuff. Starts & runs well in snow and cold. Minor issues with quality of interior trim. Low mileage so will probably drive it many more years."

Very nice SUV

By on Saturday, July 4, 2009

"I have owned this car since new and have put 100k miles on it. I love the interior room, the seats (very comfortable), the sound system and the overall ergonomics. It offers a great ride on the open road, and its size and height give you a great sense of security (especially when passing large trucks). I have always driven SUVs and this is easily the best I've owned, my Explorer and Bronco don't even compare. The Durango is much more refined . . . and much more powerful. Only drawbacks include a problem w/ the rear differential around 80k miles which cost me $2k to fix. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Some pet peves, I think the interior plastic trim is on the cheap side, stains easily and the overall fit and finish could be better. However, that is quickly overlooked when you put your foot down and the 5.7L Hemi launches you on to the highway or past slow moving traffic. Fuel econonmy is obviously not great (its an SUV) but I average about 17 mpg which was the same as my 6 cyl 4.0L Explorer. Overall nice SUV and great value for the money."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I bought my 2005 Limited w/Hemi and it had about 81,000. I had to replace the Catalytic Converter as it was shot and of course warranty was up at 80,000. I did not hold this against the vehicle as it was just one of those things where there was probably something in the gas and not really a big deal. I also replaced the multi-switch that controls turn signals and wipers. Total repairs are about $400. The truck drives great and can tow a lot. I do not have MDS as I just missed out on that and I get 13-14 with a very heavy foot. I don't understand why people talk bad about Dodge this vehicle is great and so was my last Durango and Grand Cherokee. If you are out there shopping I would suggest you take a look at a rig like this as they really are a gem. They cost less than a Tahoe and have way less issues from what I have found. I don't have a warranty on mine and have about 103,000 on my truck and I really don't care this thing runs great."

good all around suv

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"i have a 2006 durango with the hemi v-8 and its fully loaded leather dvd 2 setting driver seat rear air you get the point i have had NO problems and the car can flat out fly. for an suv, love the car wouldnt trade it for anything"

Just Totaled My 2005 LTD

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Just Totaled My 2005 LTD fully loaded with a hemi 5.7. I should not have walked away from this accident if you see the outside. I spun out on ice and caught solid ground and rolled it 3-4 times. The roof was crushed in and the sides looked like they were hit with a 10,000 lb bolder 3 or more times. Other than the moon roof blowing up, no other window broke. The inside was a little shorter, but other than that no internal damage. The structure of the vehicle held together, and i know thats how i walked away from it."

Extremely comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"I was very impressed with this vehicle! I drove it off of the showroom floor directly home to pack to evacuate to LA because of Hurricane Ike! It drove like it was driving itself! It was so very easy to drive and the comfort was incredible! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

big family suv

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"This vehicle is very nice for families that have more than four kids-we have 5. Overlooking the ongoing electrical issues, the vehicle is a very nice vehicle. It is reliable-the electrical issues do not have an effect on how the vehicle performs, the breaking is awesome, and it handles nice in the mountains, and even thought it is a 2x4-it handles well in 2-4 inches of snow, the gas mileage is so-so, and if you have a large family-its best to do any shopping without the kids-lack of room behind the third row. There is only room for a double stroller, and a small diaper bag behind the third row. If using two car seats you can only use the latch system on the seats closest to the rear doors-thus any other child has to put the middle part of the backseat down in order to get into the back. For a teenager-it can be difficult. Improvements could be made in the roominess-the dashboard-too big-wasted space, and improvements have been made in the newer models in M.P.G. Also this vehicle is known for "cheap" trim, when I purchased this vehicle, the trim on the sides of the front seats were already cracked, and I have seen this on other Durangos like mine-the cost for replacement for both sides around $260.00. overall Happy with what I drive-except for the electrical issues"

EXCELLENT SUV

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"This is the sixth Dodge truck that my wife and I have purchased---- all of them new. This is the first one that has depreciated so much. That doesn't matter since we love this '06 Limited. Love the HEMI, styling, ride, comfort, and reliability. I will keep this one for a long time if it remains reliable. Can't imagine traveling in anything but this Durango. And for those that complain about the mileage-----what in the heck are you buying a heavy V8 powered SUV for? Go buy some econo box and hope you don't get in an accident."

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

best suv i ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I baught this Suv and I love it I have never had a better vehicle. It is great on Gas and has just enough power for me it can get up and go for those who tend to have a lead foot. It never uses any oil and as long as you keep up the genreal maintance it should be a very good investment."

Okay vehicle

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I bought this vehicle new in 2005. Many problems in first year with wiring. Main computer went out this year. Fixed under warranty but still having problems with a/c working when it wants to and vehicle running after turning the ignition off and taking key out. Dealer unable to find problem. Smooth ride, bad blind spot on both sides of windshield. Family has a time climbing in and out."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, June 9, 2014

Pros: "safe"

Cons: "19mpg tops"

"We have owned this car since it was new great price and dealer satisfaction, you can drive a long way with this vehicle it is a nice quiet ride, I replaced a water pump, brakes and it is rusting under the gas cap like many I have seen in this area, such a shame they should have recalled them for that. holds 8 if you have to, good bang for the buck, still handles and runs like new,"