2006 Dodge Durango

Based on 692 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Hemi, Great in Snow, Exterior Styling"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage, Cheap Interior Plastics"

"I've owned my 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Hemi for 6 years and it's been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. In that time, the only issue I've had was a bad EGR Valve (easy fix). Other then that, it's just been basic maintenance. The Durango has plenty of power and drives smooth. Fuel economy isn't great, but I knew that when I bought it. Winter handling is the best I've ever experienced. Total confidence driving in the deepest snow with the AWD selected. If you need a vehicle that is great in snow, can seat 8 and tow/haul, then this is the one."

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"

Comfortable ride, too many problems

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "very smooth ride, great power"

Cons: "motor burned up at 38000 mi among other problems"

"Bought a 2005 model in 2007, starting having problems within a year: interior lights stay on, stalling(replaced EGR valve and fixed this), and in Dec 2010 with only 38000 miles, the engine began knocking. Found out that a cam bearing fried. Service was kept up on it, but no explanation yet why the motor burned up. Don't think I will by a Dodge again."

My Durango is reliable no repairs at all.

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Very Reliable, Nice looking."

Cons: "It does drink gas but it is a big V8 and big SUV."

"I bought my Durango used a 2005 in 2008. I have had it almost 5 years. It had just got the 48,000 mile factory maintenance work at the Dodge dealer. I bought it from them. I use Pennzoil Synthetic motor oil and after 4000 miles it comes out looking as clean as it did when it went in. I have a little less than 70,000 miles on it and could not ask for a better vehicle or more reliable SUV. I think Dodge products are pretty reliable. I bought a 2004 year old Stratus before buying this and drove it from 2005 to 2008 with no problems at all. I sold it to a friend and she has had one minor problem in which the radiator needed to be flushed. It was less than a couple hundred dollars including 3 gallons of Anti Freeze. Not bad for 8 years of driving."

Safty and comfort

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "everything but the cons"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25