2006 Dodge Durango

Based on 732 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Extremely Happy!

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I love my 2004 Durango. I bought mine new in '04 and have put 155,000 miles on it so far. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of storage when the 3rd row is being used. It is easy to get the kids in the back and it's fairly comfortable for adults. Beware of the maintenance cost. I haven't had to do much to mine however, routine maintenance does cost$$$. I was able to get 110K miles on the origional spark plugs but it cost me almost $300.00 to change them. Tires over $200ea. Overall GREAT VEHICLE!!!"

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"

Comfortable ride, too many problems

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "very smooth ride, great power"

Cons: "motor burned up at 38000 mi among other problems"

"Bought a 2005 model in 2007, starting having problems within a year: interior lights stay on, stalling(replaced EGR valve and fixed this), and in Dec 2010 with only 38000 miles, the engine began knocking. Found out that a cam bearing fried. Service was kept up on it, but no explanation yet why the motor burned up. Don't think I will by a Dodge again."

like this car

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

"I just totaled out our 2006 in a 50 mph head on collision.....walked away unharmed. Had 67,000 problem free miles on it, will buy another one."

My favorite vehicle ever....

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

"Love Love Love this truck. Wish the back was a little bigger. But... we are able to use it with the back seat down when we travel. Just limits passengers. Nice ride. For an SUV it gets good gas mileage, but we knew when we bought it it would be expensive for gas but was surprised when it got better mileage than our ranger. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Worth every penny so far. We bought it used."