2005 Dodge Durango

Based on 738 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Safty and comfort

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "everything but the cons"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. I had been in accident a few weeks before. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"

This vehicle is a work horse and family vechile.

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, with great comfort for our family of 4"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"I have little repair done on the vehicle. It run and ride great. It has been a main stay in our family since 2005. It's our road car. We take it on all of our long road trips."

Love my Hemi

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good in snow, lots of room"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love this vehicle. We bought it used in 06 with about 40,000. she now has 193,000 and still going strong. Wish the gas mileage was better, We get a consistent 15 mpg which is really a bummer. Ready to downgrade since i cannot afford to drive it but love love the style, comfort & has been great for the kids with the 3rd row seat & dvd player."

Love, love, love this vehicle!!!

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Great interior design for a family"

Cons: "gas mileage is low like any large suv"

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven. I traded a mini-van in for this since it had the 3rd row seats and I never regretted it one bit. It is so simple to put kids into and take them out of this truck and flipping the seats up and down is a breeze as well. We have not had any engine problems with this truck, it runs great and has plenty of pulling power. If only it got better gas milage (17-19)..."

Very dependable vehicle.

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room for cargo and passengers."

Cons: "Doors retain water when it rains."

"In fair shape. A couple of small dings.Spare tire on the ground. Needs tires. Motor is in good shape. No ripped seats. No broken windows."

RUN RUN RUN

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "super gorgeous on the outside"

Cons: "was born on the island of mis-fit toys"

"Bought this car in 2009 and it was a curse. The interior was mad out of a scrap box of plstics. The truck was in and out of the shop. Only was able to drive this car 3 months at a time before it went back home to the shop. I spent 9660USD on repairs. Do not get this truck, beware. However it was super gorgeous on the outside."

Vehicle has been great

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Great car to have"

Cons: "Wish the 3rd row was split"

"We used our Durango to tow a 30 ft Bullet and it seats all 5 of us and our 2 dogs (black labs) and still gave us great gas mileage."

Pull a house

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "super for towing, a beast in the snow"

Cons: "gas milage and third row seat."

"Our 2005 Durango with the 5.7 hemi is a beast in the snow and awesome for towing horses. Love the power, hate the MPG. The front seats are comfortable, the middle row ain't bad and we wont even discuss the third row. Plan on driving this till it drops and then rebuild it, cuz they just dont make them this strong anymore."

best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, powerful, smooth riding"

Cons: "not up to date with navigation/technology"

"I have 3 young kids and i absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!! It is perfect for when the kids are fighting cause we can easily put one in the rear seat and seperate the other 2 in the middle row with the drop down cup holder. And for those long trips the dvd player is perfect!! Its a family vehicle that still has that "cool, sporty" look....not like a mini van."

only way everyone would like it more,4wd!!!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "looks, gas economy, room, cup holders, seat config"

Cons: "storing and charging ipod"

"i think its great. beautiful, fun to drive, setup is almost perfect. i just wish i had a 4wd. plus it definetly does not deserve the drop in value as soon as they come off the lot. they are more reliable than any other truck ive driven. i havnt had to do anything but add gas, change oil and tires. everyone compliments it weather they have driven it or not."

Overall a good vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Great power, overall a nice drive"

Cons: "Cheap fake leather seats, bad blind spots"

"I ordered my Durango from the factory. Overall I am pleased with the vehicle. The Hemi is a definite plus, and provides excellent power and acceleration, however it is horrible on gas in town, averaging between 8 and 10 mpg. The engine is equiped with the MDS feature, and averages 17.5 mpg on the Jersey highways when cruising. In the mountains, it will drop to about 15 mpg, not too bad for a vehicle of it's size and power. The HEMI has 16 spark plugs, and they are a real pain to change every 30,000 miles. The dealer would prefer that the owner change them, They will charge over $300 to change spark plugs because it takes over three hours to do it. I have to change mine soon again, and I'm not looking forward to it, some are hard to get to because they are under tubing on the engine AND under the cowl. The steering is rack and pinion which was new for 2007, and is very responsive, however, when driving over rough terrain, you must keep positive control of the wheel. Pot holes and bumps tend to make the steering wheel jerk to the left, making the vehicle feel out of control. The vehicle has a HUGE blind spot in the front left A pillar when making tight turns, and you must look around the pillar to see the road. Very inconvienient when driving in my neighborhood, it is very difficult to see oncoming vehicles comig around the turn. The leather interior on the seats is cheaply made. It is actually vinyl with leather inserts. If I had known the leather was not real leather, I would have gotten the cloth seats. The seat warmenrs are nice, but not needed with a cloth interior. Suspension. There are no grease points on the suspension which make maintenance easy, however, the bushings have become very squeaky, and the squeak is annoying."

Hauls the family

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room for stuff OR people."

Cons: "If its full of people-no room for stuff! vice-vers"

"I bought this vehicle used 4 1/2 years ago with approx. 45k miles. It now has 160k plus! The only major problem I had with it was a selinoid on the transmission. Some small things: window regulator, plastic cracking(seat trim both sides). Most things covered by extended warranty. I am a firm believer in them. The best I got on the Hwy was 25 mpg.(the force was with me!) Usually around 19 or 20 and 14mpg in the city. It does have alot of wind noise which is annoying at times but with 5 kids and the dvd playing it's not that big a factor. We tow approx. 7500 lbs with our trailer and stuff and get about 9 mpg rolling at 65 to 70 mph. This has been a GREAT vehicle for our family!!!"

Best Vehicle EVER!

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"I have purchased Durango's since they first arrived on the market in 1998. We LOVE them! They hold their value and their appeal for far longer than the boxy SUV's and the interior is fantastic."

best ever

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "The whole vehicle is a PRO"

"love this vehicle...absolutely the best vehicle/suv/truck I've owned!!! Comfortable easy to handle, drives and hauls like a dream! Wouldn't trade it for world! Great gas mileage for a Hemi, goes anywhere and never breaks a sweat when hauling!"

Great Family Car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive, powerful, reliable"

"I drive. A lot. Between my job as a real estate agent and being a mother to 2 active boys, this car has been a life saver. It is comfortable, easy to drive, moves when you need it to and handles like a car, and I know my family is safe inside. The gas mileage is surprisingly good, for a SUV, too. It has no problem towing boats across state or toting 6 passengers to a ball game. If I ever sell this car, I want another Durango."

best suv!!! love it!!!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "has got the looks and it's got the room.."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we have had our durango for three years now going on four. it has been great we fit perfectly, along with luggage for trips... it's a sleek looking suv with 20's on... and it's rugged with 17's and mud tires. so wichever way you decide it will look good and be capable... only con is that you really have to watch that blind spot since the door posts are too wide!!"

Great SUV value

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Seating, Third row seat"

Cons: "Gas mileage in town"

"I have owned mine for 2 years as the second owner. All I can say is you cannot beat the value. Seats 7, cruises on the highway great, great overall vehicle for Dodge."

Best Car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room and security with good gas mileage (for something so big!)"

Cons: "Interior trim falls apart"

"Its as tough and sturdy as any truck, tows like a champ but gives me the comfort of an SUV. Handles beautifully - lots of room for family and "stuff". Regular maintenance is the only money I've EVER put into it except for new key fobs (they seem to deteriorate over time). Interior items a little on the "cheap" side. Its 4WD and got the big Hemi in it, but gas mileage is 18-23 and I've tested a lot of miles on it!! Would buy another one in a heartbeat!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned-new or used!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "great ride, comfort, power, hauling-towing"

Cons: "interior materials look and feel cheap!"

"I have owned several vehicles and this Durango is definitely the nicest one I have ever owned! I don't have any complaints about it except the interior quality is not up to the standards that the new ones are. The materials used look cheap and the new Durango has a definitely improved interior! Other than that, I do not have a complaint with my Durango. I have the 5.7 Hemi that reminds me of my misspent youth (so much power-so little time), it hauls or tows like a truck, has a truck suspension under it instead of a Grand Cherokee suspension like the new one and is very solid and strong! We drive about 1000 miles to Denver every year and it does great on mileage. We make about 21-22 m.p.g. Its definitely the nicest thing I have ever owned!"

Very Reliable

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I bought this Durango new in 06 and have never had any problems with it what so ever. It gets decent gas mileage 17.5 or better if on highway. It's a great long haul traveler!"

Love It!

By on Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Absolutely love this vehicle. It pulls everything and keeps on a going. Great family vehicle. I agree with some other posters, a little uncomfortable for super long hauls, but I am tempted to buy another one none the less."

love it!

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I have the '06 AWD, Hemi. Use it mostly as a tow vehicle for 28' travel trailer and 18'boat.I have towed the trailer from FL to Seatlle, Wa. and all points between over 2 months time and it did the job without complaint and plenty of power even in the Rockies. Towing fuel economy is in the 11-12 mpg, not towing as high as 21.5 on interstate cruising. very solid feel , very quiet cabin, rides like a Cadillac, Majority of the 50K miles are towing with no problems at all, great vehicle."

LOVE IT!

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"Bought my 2005 Durango used with a warranty. Had a couple of minor problems with it in the beginning but nothing major. I've had it going on a year in December 2009. The only bad thing I will say is that the inside is rather cheap and does fall apart. The light cover on the inside of the driver side door fell off when I closed the door and the seat belt plastic cover also fell off. My Durango is fully loaded (built in DVD player, third row seating (which can fold down for more storage space), leather, sun roof, running boards, fog lights, etc). Very roomy and comfy. Gas mileage isn't as bad as I thought. I've driven a Saturn Vue and Chevy Trailblazer and both were worse on gas than the Durango. Overall, I would recommend this truck to anyone."

So far So good

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"Smooth ride on highway. Plenty of room and plenty of vroom. I always had imports before this and switched from a Toyota Sienna to this. Half the payments!!! Loads more power and similar features. I didn't think I would like an American car but the HEMI is a dream. I won't want another 4 or 6 cylinder..."

BEST SUV you will find

By on Friday, June 5, 2009

"This is an excellent car, versatile and stylish, gets better gas mileage than what the dealer suggests. Has everything you need at your fingertips including your cell phone on the steering wheel. you can control everything at a touch of a button and it has a sensor that helps keep you at the perfect temp, not too hot, not too cold., Seating is as comfortable as your reclkiner at home, so no more back fatigue when driving long distance. Very few blind spots. Can I say more......."