2005 Dodge Durango

Based on 721 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Lowest headaches ever. Excellent vehicle.

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Worth every dime."

Cons: "NO complaints"

"Only mechanical problems were with the wiring for the heater fan and the vacuum seal. Needed replaced several times. Vehicle is still running well."

still has life left in her!!!!

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Smooth drive, paint still shines"

Cons: "It is 10 years old"

"2005 Dodge Durango, Red, luggage rack, leather seats, DVD, CD, tires are a year old. Still runs good. Good, not great, condition."

so much room

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "room"

Cons: "gas steering"

"steering I hate. gas mileage also"

This is the best vehicle ever built!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

"My husband and I bought our 2006 Dodge Durango SXT 4x4 new from the dealer. We weren't sure if we liked the new style at the time but we drove it and loved it! For a big SUV it drove smooth and comfortable. It fit our 2 kids and 2 large dogs well. ALways got about 19 mpg. We tried to stay on top of all maintance ..tranny flushes, radiator flushes, oil changes etc. Aside from tires and brakes the first issue I had with the Durango was at nearly 200,000 miles the 4x4 control module went out in it. Then the next year at 216,000 miles it started to over heat. 2 different dealerships were stumped as to why it would overheat. It could idle for hours but once you drove it 1/4 mile it overheated. Instead of paying to get into the head gaskets I had it replaced with a remanufactures Jasper engine. I'm not sore about that because like I said we had no issues up til then. $4,994 for the engine and labor isn't bad after 8 years of not getting nichled and dimed. The paint has held up nice but the Durangos all seem to rust near the gas tank door. We had purchased the rust protection and recently had it taken care of. 2006 Durango with new engine and no rust looks brand new now!"

Love the styling and power...hate the gas mileage!

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Styling and power!"

Cons: "gas mileage and smooth driving"

"Bought the 2009 Limited model after doing a lot of research on the vehicle. It's a beautiful car that is fun to drive. Very powerful and comfortable, fits my family well. Starting to have a few electrical issues with the power seating and power liftgate. Things I don't like: the gas mileage in this vehicle is awful! Should be getting 13...not even close, try 8-9mpg city! GAS GUZZLER! We knew it wasn't the greatest on MPG going in, but 8mpg is ridiculous! It is also a very bumpy ride around corners and bumps. It feels like the shocks are blown all the time. If we had been able to test drive it a little more before we bought it, we wouldn't have bought it."

Avoid this vehicle

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "handles great, good interior options.great in snow"

Cons: "engine falls apart."

"Engine blew at 77000 miles.Babied the truck. no off roading, only did about 7k a year. Regularly scheduled maintenance. Never missed any routine maintenance no accidents. One day engine woulndt start. Had it towed to dodge and was told it was fatal. Something called hydrolock. 6k to fix. I refused. Apparently this is common with the 2004 hemi."

Its been good so far.

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "great price, good gas mileage, great power"

Cons: "cheap plastic, electrical problems,"

"I owned this SUV since 133k miles on it now has 141k. the tranny does have a mind of its own sometimes and I am starting to have problems with the front fan not wanting to work same with the 4wd which is wierd because its AWD. The plastic is pretty cheap in some areas like on the front seats especially they are falling apart. sadly it takes 7 quarts of oil (5.7 hemi) great power. bought it in May of '14 so i havent had it for to long. Alot more power after I put a K&N air intake on it. not a whole lot of room under the hood to work on. kind of tight width wise for bigger people. not much room for storage (ie glove box and center console) Has alot of blind spots on the front end or mabe i just sit weird. Gets better gas mileage than my 95 ford F-150 5.8L and my 92 Dodge D-100 318. though has a little bit to much room for just me."

Bought this Durango new.

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Best handling and performing SUV"

Cons: "Cheap materials used on interior"

"This has been a great vehicle to own. Other than regular oil changes and three sets of tires, the SUV has been extremely reliable. Gas mileage is not that great, but what do you expect from a 5.7 liter engine and a heavy duty vehicle. All systems continue to function well with the exception of the stacking CD player. I am on my second unit and the CD player no longer works. The CD's appear to get jammed. Leather interior and paint have held up well. Fit and finish of interior could be better and would prefer less use of cheap looking plastics. Would I buy this vehicle again? Absolutely! Do I recommend it to others? Absolutely!"

good value...got what i paid 4

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"this has been a very reliable, however bland, vehicle ownership experience..."

Durango SXT AWD is simple yet very funtional

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Room, funtionality, AWD!, tow package, storage bin"

Cons: "4.7 could use a little more HP/typical big SUV MPG"

"I bought my Durango used with 65k on it and since have nearly put 10k more on it. I purposely picked the SXT trim for the delete 3rd row seat in favor of the additional storage compartment. I also chose a AWD/2spd 4WD model for that added function for the ICE storms we have in SC. Other than a trans service because of the mileage and a related ESP sensor this truck has performed brilliantly. The AWD system is superb, I can traverse my up hill gravel driveway with no slip where other's spin. It handles ice, snow, mud, heavy rain, and wet field grass like it were dry. The interior of the SXT is not luxurious, but it is perfect for anyone who is outdoorsy, has pets, hunts, or just wants a functional over frilly vehicle. Seats are comfortable for long hauls, and there is plenty of legroom for grown adults(I'm 6'3"). I have seen comments of interior is plasticy, it is but it's durable and less to worry about falling apart. I have two huge storage bins in the back under the main floor. One for towing/hauling gear, the other for my outdoorsy stuff I don't want laying around. Only gripe I have is I wish the 4.7 flex fuel put out 250hp to 300hp instead of the 230hp, but it will still adequately get up and go when passing and merging on the highway. The other is the fuel mileage, but this thing has all the function I want, room, and durability so I will live with the 16-22mpg."