2005 Dodge Durango

Based on 730 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Hemi, Great in Snow, Exterior Styling"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage, Cheap Interior Plastics"

"I've owned my 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Hemi for 6 years and it's been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. In that time, the only issue I've had was a bad EGR Valve (easy fix). Other then that, it's just been basic maintenance. The Durango has plenty of power and drives smooth. Fuel economy isn't great, but I knew that when I bought it. Winter handling is the best I've ever experienced. Total confidence driving in the deepest snow with the AWD selected. If you need a vehicle that is great in snow, can seat 8 and tow/haul, then this is the one."

reliable

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "SUV gas mileage. Comfort for a crowd"

Cons: "small rust issue. Gas tank fill ups blow back gas"

"Bought the vehicle used because of the good reviews and have not been disappointed. Comfortable for 8. Great to take to the ballgames and tailgate. Decent mileage for a Suv. 20 on the highway 16 in town. A little rust issue on the back driver side fender. Seems to be a frequent problem. Blow back of gas if you fill the tank to the top."

One the best vehicles I,ve owned

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Love the hemi, great ride and functionality"

Cons: "rather plain interior for a limited"

"Aquired new in late '05. After nearly 7 years still performs flawlessly. Only minor issue with broken plastic seat trim which was replaced under warranty. Hemi has plenty of power and vehicle rides super smooth for a large suv. Drove a new 2012 Durango and interior is much improved although overall size of model has been cut down and is now based on Grand Cherokee. My '06 has considerable more cargo space and a more functional 3rd row seat when needed. At 60000 miles I upgraded to new 20 " wheels and tires which makes me feel like I have a new ride. American autos are continuing to improve and I may keep this baby for a long time as it is so hard to part with something that stills works and looks good."

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

Safty and comfort

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "everything but the cons"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"