2005 Dodge Durango

Based on 710 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Fantastic SUV that is very versatile.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability / Fun to drive / Good looks"

"We have owned our Durango for 9 years now and have loved it. We have only had to do obvious maintenance that is required of a daily driver, brakes / tires / hoses / belts / spark plugs / oil changes / trans fluid changes. It's never let us down."

Great driving vehicle

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "hemi v8 on the road gets great gas mileage,"

Cons: "third row seat is useless"

"We purchased this vehicle in 2006 we had a DVD player installed and have driven this SUV for 8 years now and no problems to speak of. The only negitive I have is the third row seat, it. absolutely useless to us. we very seldom raise the second row seats, only when we have infrequent passengers. If you have a vehicle such as this Durango, the vehicles with no third row seat seem to have much more rear seat legroom. having said all that, this vehicle would be perfect for a family with small children"

Great ride

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power. Fun to drive."

Cons: "small cup holders, mileage per gallon."

"I have had my durango for over a year now and i absolutely love it."

Never was a Dodge man but VERY pleased overall.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior, great power-to-fuel economy."

Cons: "Oil pan rotted through. Tailgate latch weak."

"Smaller V-8 gives great power-to-fuel economy. Back 4 spark plugs are a witch to get to. Tons and tons of interior space for people OR cargo, perhaps not both at the same time. Lots of compartments for storage but BEWARE severe wind-buffeting if you open ONLY the rear windows. Compensate by cracking open the front windows and cranking up the great sound system. VERY reliable to a fault - I can't find any '04 or newer Durangos in the salvage yards for pieces I might need or want. Living n the northeast "rustbelt" is taking its toll though - oil pan rotted through(easy to replace as pulling the motor - wink wink). Fantastic in the snow - even if the 17" tires are a bit on the pricey side to replace. Lots of cup-holders and 12v power sockets =GOOD, but lots of fragile interior plastic =Bad. Never much cared for Dodge but I am VER happy with what I got with the second-generation Durango. Much of what has broken or gone bad wouldn't have happend down south or out west - somewhere where they don't dump tons of salt on the road every winter."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "safe"

Cons: "19mpg tops"

"We have owned this car since it was new great price and dealer satisfaction, you can drive a long way with this vehicle it is a nice quiet ride, I replaced a water pump, brakes and it is rusting under the gas cap like many I have seen in this area, such a shame they should have recalled them for that. holds 8 if you have to, good bang for the buck, still handles and runs like new,"

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

Love, love, love my Durango

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"I have owned my 2005 Dodge Durango for 7 years. It has gone through mild and severe winters and never failed me, not even a sluggish start. This includes time when it sat out in the elements and when it was parked in a garage. It has taken my family to Florida 4 times and to Gatlinburg many times....and it never one time faltered. It has provided me transportation to and from work, many work trips, and any other errand I needed to run. I could not be happier with this car. In fact, my husband just bought me a 2013 GMC Yukon and I cannot bring myself to enjoy it for the sheer fact that I truly loved driving my Durango."

this vehicle had been maintained regularly

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have had the body rust professionally repaired several times and have custom brakes on all four wheels. It also has custom wheels and tires for summer. It has a weston grille guard with the lights mounted in it."

good until.....

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Bought mine used with 25k, loved it, drives smoothly, great in snow, steers like a car, tows like a dream, no issues and only regular maintainance for most part. The issue with gas coming back out when filling up that someone else mentioned was a recall issue so gas tank replaced at no charge ( I had the issue in 2008) but then tierod broke, started having electrical issues-wipers turn on when truck is started, outlets stopped working,heated seats stopped working for a few days, and other various electrical problems. Then at around 100k, blower motor for heat/ac went, the wiring also melted/burned out, all major parts going at once- water pump, trannie line leaks, control arms and wheel bearings/joints...but worst is the electrical issue has magnified to where truck shifts itself in /out of 4wd on its own while driving, 4wd indicator lights go on/off, remote door unlock or even just opening doors triggers he transfer case even if truck is parked and off...googled issue and apparently there are hundreds of Durango and Ram owners with the same issue...mechanics pinpojnt it to a short in the ac or transfer case, mega bucks to fix. I am ready to roll it off a cliff at this point...."

Best Vehicle that we ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Proud to own"

"Much better truck than the new body style"