2005 Dodge Durango

Based on 703 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great driving vehicle

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "hemi v8 on the road gets great gas mileage,"

Cons: "third row seat is useless"

"We purchased this vehicle in 2006 we had a DVD player installed and have driven this SUV for 8 years now and no problems to speak of. The only negitive I have is the third row seat, it. absolutely useless to us. we very seldom raise the second row seats, only when we have infrequent passengers. If you have a vehicle such as this Durango, the vehicles with no third row seat seem to have much more rear seat legroom. having said all that, this vehicle would be perfect for a family with small children"

Great ride

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power. Fun to drive."

Cons: "small cup holders, mileage per gallon."

"I have had my durango for over a year now and i absolutely love it."

Never was a Dodge man but VERY pleased overall.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior, great power-to-fuel economy."

Cons: "Oil pan rotted through. Tailgate latch weak."

"Smaller V-8 gives great power-to-fuel economy. Back 4 spark plugs are a witch to get to. Tons and tons of interior space for people OR cargo, perhaps not both at the same time. Lots of compartments for storage but BEWARE severe wind-buffeting if you open ONLY the rear windows. Compensate by cracking open the front windows and cranking up the great sound system. VERY reliable to a fault - I can't find any '04 or newer Durangos in the salvage yards for pieces I might need or want. Living n the northeast "rustbelt" is taking its toll though - oil pan rotted through(easy to replace as pulling the motor - wink wink). Fantastic in the snow - even if the 17" tires are a bit on the pricey side to replace. Lots of cup-holders and 12v power sockets =GOOD, but lots of fragile interior plastic =Bad. Never much cared for Dodge but I am VER happy with what I got with the second-generation Durango. Much of what has broken or gone bad wouldn't have happend down south or out west - somewhere where they don't dump tons of salt on the road every winter."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "safe"

Cons: "19mpg tops"

"We have owned this car since it was new great price and dealer satisfaction, you can drive a long way with this vehicle it is a nice quiet ride, I replaced a water pump, brakes and it is rusting under the gas cap like many I have seen in this area, such a shame they should have recalled them for that. holds 8 if you have to, good bang for the buck, still handles and runs like new,"

310,000 Reliable miles

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, heavy, good looking"

Cons: "16.5 MPG"

"I drove this beast into the ground. It looked great until it hit a ditch last week and was totaled. I definitely got my moneys worth and consider the vehicle a great value for the miles I received from it. It had some AC issues, and some sunroof leaking issues. The local Dodge dealer is not that customer/service friendly. Luckily I did not have to deal with them often."

See if you qualify for