2004 Dodge Durango

Based on 730 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Love everything about this suv

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Size, motor, handles well, 3rd row seat, interior"

Cons: "No back u p help, vision in rear."

"One of the most reliable,dependable, vehicle's I have ever own. I am totally sold on this model, am sorry the discontinued. Loved the motor, 5.7 hemi, did get terrible mileage, but low cost maintenance makes up for it in the long run (170000) ."

Loved this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reason: Mileage getting high

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "Maintenance costs high, interior road noise"

"We loved our 2005 Dodge Durango w/Hemi engine. We finally decided to sell it when it reached 142,000 miles as we no longer needed to tow anything. I agree that maintenance was costly and we did notice some road noise, but overall we were more than pleased, and with the Hemi even our gas mileage was good."

great family vehicle

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, drives great, great price, good for all weather"

"I have had my 2008 Durango for 3 years now and still LOVE it! I went to the dealership with 3 requirements: 1. 4-wheel drive 2. room for 3 carseats and 3. lower payments. We all fit in comfortably with plenty of storage in the back for toys, groceries, luggage, strollers, etc. or we can flip the backseat up and take along friends. We've taken several road trips in the Durango and have not had a single problem nor have we had to do any major work on the vehicle yet. The bonus is that living in the midwest, winters are a pain and I have never been stuck in the snow nor slid off the road on ice. This truck handles like a dream. I plan on keeping this truck for another 100,000 miles!"

Great value

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Great value (IF bought used) and drives good for a big SUV. Perfect size for 90% of us - smaller than the Suburban/Expedition crowd but bigger than the Pathfinders/Explorers out there. We have 4 kids and bought to pull a trailer, which it does a fine job doing (we have the HEMI). The back seat and rear storage is a bit tight but certainly adeqaute. Mechanically very dependable but some minor quality issues. Lots of vehicle for the money, but don't buy new because of the enormous initial depreciation!"

I love the SUV its the best vehicle ive ever had

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "a/c didn't last more than 4 yrs"

"It's comfortable, reliable, and very good in the snow. I've had to put very little money into this vehicle and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned and have had it now for over 9 yrs. Only used the four wheel drive for my driveway and the regular woods and the mountain/hilly side roads didn't need the 4WD. Very spacious and comfy for all passengers even in the third row seating."

Great When it works

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and power AWD is awesome"

Cons: "many small problems"

"i bought this durango new in 05 its a great suv and i like it but it has problems the front end has a squeak and the dealer just replaced random parts till the warrenty ran out the replaced the rear drive shaft axle and torsion bars the swaybar steering box ball joints shocks front a arms torsion bars and they replaced the exaust manifold that didnt solve it so they rebuilt the motor and its still there i know they are just replacing stuff randomly and then they told me the engine had a knock i also had the transmission rebuilt under 100 thousand miles and ive never pulled anything with it the gas overflows and the plastic on the seats broke off and for some reason all the weather stripping is coming off the few goods about the car is its good in sand loaded with features and it is good looking i do take care of my cars and i like all of them i would highly reccomend buying a latter model because mine was an 04 build date and that was the 1st year of this model"

Really solid in all aspects

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "comfort, hauling capacity, reliability"

Cons: "plastic trim in wear areas-"

"Solid performer for over 120k miles. Three battery replacements and some plactic breakage on seat trim have been only complaints. Averaging about 17 MPG with 5.7 litre hemi. Real comfortable highway vehicle. Reasonable service costs compared to some foreign brands. Replaced belts and hoses at 90k miles as a routine practice. Brake pads replaced and rotors turned at 109k miles. I will probably keep to 200k miles. I have been pleasantly surprised in many ways by this vehicle."

Very good quality vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for the entire family!"

"I have owned my Durango since new and have not had one issue with it. I have added trailer brakes and a hitch. It is great for towing a mid size camper and having plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 kids. Last year when we went to cut our own christmas tree we had 6 kids and 2 adults and came back with 2 large trees. Excellent! Fuel mileage on the 8 cylinder is okay. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about either. My wife drives this in the winter time and is now not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable SUV that wont break the bank."

very stylish. plenty of room.

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "very stylish with plenty of room."

Cons: "rides rough, like a TRUCK"

"The biggest complaint is a HUGE driver's blindspot. The posts from the dashboard to the roof are wide and it's difficult to see on-coming traffic when making a turn. It's also hard to see behind you when backing up. I have had no mechanical trouble except the battery. There is no warning when the battery dies and it has left me stranded twice. Also, when the battery is replaced, the Air Bag light comes on and won't reset. That's annoying. Overall, good car."

Great Vehicle, Holds up well in Accidents

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I purchased my 2006 Dodge durango Limited in 2006. I was involved in an accident in 2007 in which an elderly lady t-boned me at an intersection. She was driving a car and hit me in the drivers side front tire. When she hit me, her car went into a spin and was a mess. Her car was totaled. My durango had damage on the front driver's quarter panel and the edge of the bumper, but there was very minimal damage. At the time of the accident, I was on a 4-lane state hwy going 65 mph and she was crossing over all 4 lanes going about 20 mph on impact. At the speed I was going, I am very happy with how well the durango held up. I slid to a stop very easily on impact without any rocking of the vehicle. I am thrilled the durango held up so well and did not flip when hit from the side at such high speeds. I was pregnant at the time and had zero injuries. My now toddler loves the dvd player in the durango. The durango is very spacious. We can put our dog in his X-large dog cage in the rear with the 3rd seat folded down and fit all our luggage, baby swings, pack-n-plays, strollers, and supplies for a week at the grandparents for ourselves, our two kids (ages 2 and 6 months) without having to put anything on the roof!"