2004 Dodge Durango

Based on 693 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

this vehicle had been maintained regularly

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have had the body rust professionally repaired several times and have custom brakes on all four wheels. It also has custom wheels and tires for summer. It has a weston grille guard with the lights mounted in it."

good until.....

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Bought mine used with 25k, loved it, drives smoothly, great in snow, steers like a car, tows like a dream, no issues and only regular maintainance for most part. The issue with gas coming back out when filling up that someone else mentioned was a recall issue so gas tank replaced at no charge ( I had the issue in 2008) but then tierod broke, started having electrical issues-wipers turn on when truck is started, outlets stopped working,heated seats stopped working for a few days, and other various electrical problems. Then at around 100k, blower motor for heat/ac went, the wiring also melted/burned out, all major parts going at once- water pump, trannie line leaks, control arms and wheel bearings/joints...but worst is the electrical issue has magnified to where truck shifts itself in /out of 4wd on its own while driving, 4wd indicator lights go on/off, remote door unlock or even just opening doors triggers he transfer case even if truck is parked and off...googled issue and apparently there are hundreds of Durango and Ram owners with the same issue...mechanics pinpojnt it to a short in the ac or transfer case, mega bucks to fix. I am ready to roll it off a cliff at this point...."

Best Vehicle that we ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Proud to own"

"Much better truck than the new body style"

this has been a very good vehicle for our family.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "this vehicle has been great for family road trips"

Cons: "the vehicle does not have good suspension"

"One of the best ve"

A monster of a truck

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "high stance, great drive, look great"

Cons: "no aux hook up"

"I bought this truck used. I bought this truck knowing it had a hemi. So I wasn't surprised with the fuel economy like some of the people on here. An awesome truck! If driven soft, can get 21 mpg. Hard driving will give you closer to 14 mpg. Lots of power when needed. Lots of space. Great feel when driven. Sound very tough when just barely touching the gas. If you want good fuel economy, don't get this truck. If don't mind paying the extra amount to fill it up, one HECK of a truck!"

I have loved my Durango for 10 years.

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, and lots of room."

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great, but it's a big SUV."

"I bought this car new in 2004. I have always had a 30 to 40 minute commute to work and back. I put 227,500 miles on it so far. I broke down one time only, because of a bad water pump. Other than that I had no flats, or mechanical problems, until now. It is old and tired, and it has served me well. I feel like I am losing an old friend. My kids are grown, and I am downsizing."

Most reliable truck I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, interior size/seating, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride, handling in snow (4x2)"

"I traded my 2003 Durango in to buy my 2004 Durango new and have loved every minute of owning it. It has loads of cargo space. I've moved my entire house twice using only my Durango. With the Hemi, this thing has plenty of power; however, that power is a downfall in snow. I've had only one real issue with the truck and that was the power steering system, but that appears to have been resolved. I drove the truck for 5 years in South Korea and learned that even as big as it is, it can go down some seriously small roads without any problem. Visibility is good, ride could be better, but it's overall a lot of fun to drive."

Hands down the best SUV i have owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "reliable, comfortable, powerful, great 4 off road"

Cons: "bad on gas."

"I know most people would not think of the Durango as an off road vehicle. But I lifted mine 4 inches. I also added some 20x12.5 in rims on 33s off road tires. Guessing that added to the poor gas mileage. But with just the K&N intake and straight dual Magnaflow exhaust the Durango feels Powerful and was great on gas, again till i added the big heavy rims. But i have to say some of my most fun moments the Durango has taken me there, and the Arizona trails such as Chiva Falls have been a blast to drive through. My Durango is 10k short of 200000 and still runs like a champ. I truly believe that with regular maintenance my Durango will get me to 300k without any problems as it has been since i got it."

Spacious and convenient with flaws

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, 3 rows (stow-able), entertainment"

Cons: "GAS GUZZLER, randomly shuts off, slow acceleration"

"Pros: Large, lots of room, convenient (6-CD changer, satellite radio, lots of cup holders) Cons: terrible gas mileage, car shuts off randomly when turning the steering wheel all the way, doors are heavy Overall, this car is great if you have a large family and disposable income for gas."

I Love my 2004 Dodge Durrango!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Safe, dependable, great looking, runs great"

"I bought my 2004 Dodge Durango new and loaded and never had any problems with it except for new tires and oil changes!!! I only put 41,000 miles on it so far and can not find any car as dependable as mine. Yes the gas mileage may not be so great, but the money I saved on no repairs in 10 years, made up for 12/17 MPG. It's tough, strong, good looking and safe!"

I was warned

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"I was warned that everything went wrong after 100,000 miles and how pricey it is to fix. We have taken very well care of it and at first it was very nice but then lights started popping on from every corner! The gas kills my family every week we put about 70 dollars in to fill it up once. Would not buy one again and wish that we could finance another car."

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Hemi, Great in Snow, Exterior Styling"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage, Cheap Interior Plastics"

"I've owned my 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Hemi for 6 years and it's been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. In that time, the only issue I've had was a bad EGR Valve (easy fix). Other then that, it's just been basic maintenance. The Durango has plenty of power and drives smooth. Fuel economy isn't great, but I knew that when I bought it. Winter handling is the best I've ever experienced. Total confidence driving in the deepest snow with the AWD selected. If you need a vehicle that is great in snow, can seat 8 and tow/haul, then this is the one."

Quite nice!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "much vehicle for the money"

Cons: "likes to drink"

"Actually, this is not my vehicle - it's my Sister's. According to her, she has had minimum-to-no problems out of her Durango and she refuses to give it up - higher gas prices and all. I'm a living witness, for I've driven it, rode in it, and did some minor work to it. All that I can say is it IS quite a vehicle. We can use that truck to do almost anything with it. Gas goes a little quicker than I'm accustomed to, yet one thing must be considered - it's a Magnum engine. What people don't get is fuel delivery in both Magnum and HEMI engines of the Mopar sector DO tend to be a little more thirsty than most. However, the power in them both is awesome! They have terrific pull and they don't play around on the road. The turning ratio is top-notch as well. Here's a tip to those who have "knocking" issues: use mid-grade gasoline. It burns a little slower and more complete, and gives the vehicle the power that regular unleaded robs from them. If mid-grade is used, the knocking should stop almost immediately - unless there's a more serious problem. Sure enough, though, I'd recommend one to anybody. I won't buy one because Sis already has one ; that's the ONLY reason. Why have two of the same thing in the immediate family? :-)"

Comfortable ride, too many problems

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "very smooth ride, great power"

Cons: "motor burned up at 38000 mi among other problems"

"Bought a 2005 model in 2007, starting having problems within a year: interior lights stay on, stalling(replaced EGR valve and fixed this), and in Dec 2010 with only 38000 miles, the engine began knocking. Found out that a cam bearing fried. Service was kept up on it, but no explanation yet why the motor burned up. Don't think I will by a Dodge again."

My Durango is reliable no repairs at all.

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Very Reliable, Nice looking."

Cons: "It does drink gas but it is a big V8 and big SUV."

"I bought my Durango used a 2005 in 2008. I have had it almost 5 years. It had just got the 48,000 mile factory maintenance work at the Dodge dealer. I bought it from them. I use Pennzoil Synthetic motor oil and after 4000 miles it comes out looking as clean as it did when it went in. I have a little less than 70,000 miles on it and could not ask for a better vehicle or more reliable SUV. I think Dodge products are pretty reliable. I bought a 2004 year old Stratus before buying this and drove it from 2005 to 2008 with no problems at all. I sold it to a friend and she has had one minor problem in which the radiator needed to be flushed. It was less than a couple hundred dollars including 3 gallons of Anti Freeze. Not bad for 8 years of driving."

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

"When I purchased the Durango. The first thing I noticed besides it size was the seats when I sat in them for a half hour my legs were not hurting. As I looked thru the car its roominess. LOL then I noticed electric windows and locks. After a half hour this was the vehicle I wanted I felt safe and welcomed home. I had been in accident a few weeks before. Safety is and was a big issue I have had no problems and have not regreted the decision I made 2years ago"

Cons: "taxes, gas mileage"

This vehicle is a work horse and family vechile.

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, with great comfort for our family of 4"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"I have little repair done on the vehicle. It run and ride great. It has been a main stay in our family since 2005. It's our road car. We take it on all of our long road trips."

My favorite vehicle ever....

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

"Love Love Love this truck. Wish the back was a little bigger. But... we are able to use it with the back seat down when we travel. Just limits passengers. Nice ride. For an SUV it gets good gas mileage, but we knew when we bought it it would be expensive for gas but was surprised when it got better mileage than our ranger. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Worth every penny so far. We bought it used."

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Great looking truck, reliable, tough"

Cons: "bad mpg"

"Other than its terrible gas mileage, I love my truck. I've had a lot of nice vehicles, but even at decently high mileage, this truck does not fail me. Looks like a champ, runs like a dream machine. Like I said, ONLY drawback to this big beast is the gas mileage."

Love everything about this suv

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Size, motor, handles well, 3rd row seat, interior"

Cons: "No back u p help, vision in rear."

"One of the most reliable,dependable, vehicle's I have ever own. I am totally sold on this model, am sorry the discontinued. Loved the motor, 5.7 hemi, did get terrible mileage, but low cost maintenance makes up for it in the long run (170000) ."

Love my Hemi

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good in snow, lots of room"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I love this vehicle. We bought it used in 06 with about 40,000. she now has 193,000 and still going strong. Wish the gas mileage was better, We get a consistent 15 mpg which is really a bummer. Ready to downgrade since i cannot afford to drive it but love love the style, comfort & has been great for the kids with the 3rd row seat & dvd player."

love it--except---

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "great highway/trip car"

Cons: "mechanical flaws in drive train/rust spot"

"04 limited w/4.7- very good highway car, track well in all weather- downside-had to replace radiator@80,000-steering link replaced, transfer case replaced and entire rear end assembly@85000. Other than that, car also has a rust problem on the fender area of gas cap side. This should have be a recall item."

Great When it works

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and power AWD is awesome"

Cons: "many small problems"

"i bought this durango new in 05 its a great suv and i like it but it has problems the front end has a squeak and the dealer just replaced random parts till the warrenty ran out the replaced the rear drive shaft axle and torsion bars the swaybar steering box ball joints shocks front a arms torsion bars and they replaced the exaust manifold that didnt solve it so they rebuilt the motor and its still there i know they are just replacing stuff randomly and then they told me the engine had a knock i also had the transmission rebuilt under 100 thousand miles and ive never pulled anything with it the gas overflows and the plastic on the seats broke off and for some reason all the weather stripping is coming off the few goods about the car is its good in sand loaded with features and it is good looking i do take care of my cars and i like all of them i would highly reccomend buying a latter model because mine was an 04 build date and that was the 1st year of this model"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25