2003 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 977 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had this vehicle for almost 7 years now and I love all the dynamics of it. I have not had any major problems with the powertrain but the ball joints are not top notch and need to be replaced if they are from the factory. The interior leather seats are great for long trips with the family whether it is towing a boat to driving a couple hundred miles on the freeway, although the 3rd row is made more for children with limited legroom for taller adults. The engine has plenty of power also would recommend chipping the ECU, throwing a K&N cold air kit made for the engine, and throwing a magnaflow/flowmaster exhaust kit it will give the vehicle a completely different feel in the amount of power. The only bad thing about this car nowadays is the gas, on a good day I will get about 13-15 mpg city and about 17-19 highway and the 23 gallon tank is not to cheap to fill up but then again it is not a prius. All in all it is a wonderful vehicle and I am glad to have it."

Bought it Brand New And Still LOVE it! Best Ever!!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Height, 4WD, 3rd row seating, Comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Nothing at all! I LOVE this truck! (SUV)"

"I have owned this Durango since it was Brand New. It has never failed me! 13 years and it is still my favorite ride ever! It has height, it is sturdy, it goes through everything! I have had to put very little money into it. Maintenance is simple. My kids and their friends all fit inside with the 3rd row seating. Driven across the country and back with no issues at all. This vehicle is Very Fast!!! It's the smaller engine of the V8's and it was getting Fabulous Gas Mileage compared to any other "truck" I have owned. This SUV is definitely a Mothers Best Friend! It has adjustable height drivers seat, lumbar adjustment, tilts up/down at knees for comfort. Big tow package mirrors for a better side/rear visual. Has the navigation box above that shows the direction of travel you are facing, the time, the miles traveled, the amount of time traveled, and the temperature outside. The motor purrs even after 178K miles! Considering it's a 4x4 it rides like a car! Not bouncy and uncomfortable. I have back injuries and this vehicle is the easiest ride for this as it is the only one that does NOT hurt me to drive. Center seat has a drop down center console with cup holders for the passengers. Seats flip forward for hauling big items in back. Packed 6 people in to travel to CA and back comfortably, with luggage. I cannot imagine trying this is a mini van even! We had height and stability for driving thru the mountainous areas in Colorado. A very Fun vehicle to own! I have tried newer models and I was not as impressed. I will drive this til' it drops! And then probably replace whatever breaks to continue driving it! :)"

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

Class, power, reliability all in one

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I have really enjoyed this Durango for so many reasons. Black exterior with Premium 17" wheels, and plenty of tread left on the tires. It only has approx. 136,000 miles. The leather buckets are Black and Gray in nice shape. So comfortable and easy to drive. Plenty of power with the 5.9 Liter motor when you need it and rides like a caddy at Freeway speeds especially. Has a third seat for more passengers, and plenty of rear cargo space. The tow package is a great convenience as it will easily pull anything you could want. And really, the bottom line is this vehicle is well kept and maintained in great condition. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's really all one could ask for in a 10 year young Durango. Many many good miles left on this gem."

Love Love Love

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"I am the original owner of my 2001 Durango. I love it even with 256,000 miles. Not sure why they changed the style because to me it is perfect - sporty, comfortable and perfect size. I can carry the family or I can haul around an extension ladder, stove or wheel barrel. My boyfriend always says "I wish you loved me as much as you love that darn Durango". Still see a lot of them on the road. It has been handed down to my daughter. Still looks new! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!"

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"

I have enjoyed this SUV

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I bought my 2000 durango right off the dealership floor with 26 miles on it. I have never had any major repairs needed in 100,000 miles and have made sure that oil changes and such are done on a regular basis. Love the room so versatile and can do just about anything except move a refrigerator. The seats fold down for a completely flat surface which works great for camping or the drive in. I would gladly purchase another Dodge!"

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."