2003 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 956 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Strong, roomy, comfortable, easy to park"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"I bought my 2002 Durango used over a year ago. We bought it because we needed a 7 passenger vehicle and didn't want a mini van. Yes fuel mileage is low but you don't buy an SUV for fuel economy. With 5 kids me and my wife would have to take 2 cars if we wanted to go anywhere. So fuel economy wise it was cheaper to take the Durango. We went on 600 mile trip with all the kids fully loaded with camping gear and 2 huge roof top carriers. The 4.7 pulled nice and we averaged 16 mpg going 70mph try that in a minivan or ecnobox car. Just love this car, comfortable, powerful and not to big, easy to park. Make sure you replace the upper radiator hose as soon as you can and check the radiator for cracks after 10 years all plastic on any car starts to break down"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, looks, dependability"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought my Durango used from a retired couple last fall. When I purchased it they gave me all the receipts and a maintenace log. I new it was well taken care of. I bought this truck to get thru the tough Northern Michigan winters. I quickly fell in love with it. The power and the way it cuts thru the snow is great. It is well worth the 12 mpg I get in it. I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good solid truck, yet beautiful as a car"

"THE BEST Vehicle I've every owned. Looking for another. Roomy, comfortable, works great, great on gas, great in snow and sand. Love, love, love this vehicle!"

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"