2002 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 976 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Over 157K and still runs and drives like new. I get 18 MPG not bad for such a big truck. My wife loves to steal it from me every chance she gets and she has a new car. No problems in 10 years. Just regular upkeep."

Great idea, not so great follow through

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "relatively low purchase price, intuitive layout"

Cons: "low mpg, wide A-pillars, computer issues"

"The 1999 Durango seems great on the surface, but there are some issues underneath. The good: It is a good size being larger than a FourRunner or Cherokee and smaller than a Suburban or Tahoe. The interior design is nice with three row seating, generous cup holders, and an intuitive layout. The third row seat disappears leaving a large, flat load area. There is plenty of power from the 5.9l V8. The transfer case has worked flawlessly. The weight balance is good -- the Durango can go places in 2WD that required 4WD from a previously owned Tacoma. The bad: It gets terrible gas mileage. A buddy's Suburban, which is much larger, gets 4-5 mpg better than the Durango no matter what we are doing. The engine control computer is likely to fail. If you get a "no bus" error message, check the computer. Make sure you turn off the OD when towing heavy loads or you will burn up the OD and have to rebuild the transmission. The A pillars are very wide resulting in a rather large forward blind spots, especially on the drivers side. All things considered, it hasn't been bad but it hasn't been great either. If it got better gas mileage, my feelings might be a little different, but if I had it to do over again, I would have bought a Tahoe or Suburban or Yukon."