2002 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 976 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"'03 bought new to tow 25' travel trrailer, 4.7 v8 w/ low tourque had all the power needed, now it tows my boat in and out of steep boat launches, no problems. love the performance and power. Complaints: 15 MPG, and the back seat is uncomfortable for adults on trips and on 2nd set of brakes and rotors in less than 40k"

Solid performer

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"We have the R/T level in Flame Red. There's no missing this vehicle. Great towing platform, solid, takes a beating and comes out on top. Pure example of Detroit muscle. Not refined, but it works hard and gets the job done. Interior has held up well to two kids (and their friends), a large dog, and everything we've stuffed in, from pillows on the road trips to trees from the nursery."

One tough Suv

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"load the kids up, all your stuff, and pull the boat with power left to pass.. I would highly recommend this little truck. i have the 4x4 with the 5.9. and the third row seat really comes in handy. easy to maintain parts are cheap. i cannot believe how well this truck has held up it still looks and drives like when i bought it. very happy consumer."

Solid Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Engine and Tansmission have been very reliable. The brakes work fine but are undersized for the vehicle's weight, so stopping distance is longer than desireable. Paint and hardware have stayed up fine, but are showing signs of rust after 9 winters in the Northeast and a seaside garage. The parts that have been replaced would be the normal suspects: bearings, bushings and ball joints. After 150K miles it still runs great."

Dependable

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2001 Durango from the dealer and had 8,000 miles on it. Manager had been driving it. In the 6 years I've had it, only spent $1400 in repairs, plus normal oil changes and routine maintenance work. MPG has remained consistent the entire time I've owned it. It's a keeper and it comes highly recommended by me."

good drivingi

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

I want this car

"Is a very reliable and comfortable riding vehecle"

It might be an older vehicle but it is sturdy

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "V8 Magnum says it all"

"I am the second owner of this vehicle, it has been an amazing purchase. Every now and then it has a minor breakdown but nothing serious. This vehicle has stood the test of time and is still going. I love my Mean Bean!!!"

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "ENJOYED MY RIDE"

"BOUGHT USED WAS A GREAT BUY ENJOYED LOOKS AND STYLE ,OVERALL I ENJOYED MY DURANGO VERY MUCH AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE"

if gas is not a problem buy a durango 98-03 5.9

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "great car, very reliable, seat 8,6 comfortable"

Cons: "drinks gas like an alcoholic"

"my first car i bought was 2000 dodge durango 5.9 didn't wont to because its not that flashy but it they will last forever if you ask me. driven 100,000 mile with no major problems, I've only spent under 1000 in D.I.Y repairs and maintenance. I've owned the car for just over 2 years, and its fills good to say i own a durango instead of have a used car that at 100,000 miles you would've already replace engine or transmission. So like i said if its no problem buying gas buy a durango 5.9 98-03 trust me you wont regret it."

Served us well over the last 10 years..tired now

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of room, great in snow, solid machine"

Cons: "gas eater, not a lot of power"

"Truck was not the beast that our 1998 was as it was on a smaller frame and smaller engine but served us well for 10 years with minor issues until the last year..Its tired now and needs to be put to rest."

I love the vehicle.It meets all of my needs .

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "It is fun to drive and very reliable."

Cons: "I wish the mileage was better."

"I love the vehicle.It meets all of my needs and expectations.I would highly recommend to a family member or friend. My Durango is very reliable."

I love my Durango!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, responsive, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2002 Durango with 115,000 miles and although my husband says I should probably get a newer vehicle, I really don't need to or want to! This vehicle is still very reliable; I hardly ever take it to the shop. It's comfortable; I love the way the seats hug my body. It drives great and handles well. It's the perfect size; I don't feel like I'm driving a tank but yet it's roomy enough to fit anything I need to put in it. My only complaint is the gas mileage. You will definitely have a higher gas bill driving this thing. I typically get 13-15 mpg."

Best Vehicle ever - Separation Anixety

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "performance, price, dependability"

Cons: "gas mileage,"

"I purchased my durango '99 (with hips) for my bday in 1999 new with 11 miles on it. Today we have 186,125 expensive miles. She has performed extremely well in the Northeast inclement weather, open road travel, and sporting (hurting and fishing)trips. Seating and load capacity were favorable. Only problem, she loves to drink, and with gas prices in America. I'm having separation anixeties now since my wife thinks its time to put her to rest."

A very dependable car. great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage is great, drive smoothly, dependable"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I have kept up on all of the maintance. I have never had any issues with this vehicle. I love the interior it's leather, it's very comfortable. I have had great mileage with it a V-8 engine and has some get up and go power as well. I have had many people tell me they loved the ride it gives, and I also agree it is a very smooth, safe and comfortable car."

Wish they still had this body style

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"I love my durango it has a 184000 miles on it and she is still running strong. Only had to replace wheel hubs and ball joints. Just keep up on the preventive maintenace and your good."

2002 Durango - bought brand new

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I bought my 2002 "Dingo" in the fall of 2001. After I got done test driving her, she had a whopping 10 miles on her. LOVED IT! Hit a monster buck in it before the first payment - let me tell you - I did not feel a thing - although I did have to put her in the shop. My kids (in the backseat) and I were perfectly safe! "She" now has 170,000 miles, starts everytime I crank her over. No sputtering, no problems. The only work I've done - standard oil/air filter changes, brakes, tires, new rotors (I'm old I'm hard on brakes :).). That's it. She just keeps going. Fantastically comfortable on trips. I LOVE MY DINGO."

By on Thursday, February 4, 2010

"This vehicle has been wonderful to me I travel a lot with my 3 year old and have not had a problem with this SUV in 4 yrs. Just recently the heater and air are giving me difficulty but considering the vehicle was used when i purchased it and has not had anyother problems i'm blessed to have purchased a Dodge Durango."

2003 Durango

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I bought this 2003 5.9L SLT Durango new at the end of 2003, after the newer model came out. Haven't been sorry. Virtually maintenance free (one incident, ABS failed at about 40000 miles. Was covered by warranty and quickly returned to service.) No oil leaks at all, say the oil change people. Very comfortable vehicle, with leather seats, pleasant on long trips. I paid $32,900, which was about 5-10% cheaper than Tahoe, or Jeep Cherokee at the time, which I was also looking at. I took the 5.9 engine, due to boat hauling needs. Gets 15 mpg on the hwy; around 11 in town. At 55,000 miles just finishing the original tires, which do quite well in the snow (these tires were an additional item in the purchase package, slightly bigger than base tires.) Love the full-time four-wheel drive in this trim-level. Thank my lucky stars for buying this vehicle. Things I wish it had: Better window seals; GPS; better mileage; integrated phone."

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"This vehicle is create for hauling. I have 190,000 and havent had any major problems with the vehicle just regular maintenance. There is plenty of room to carry the whole family on vacations."

Nicest SUV

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"This vehicle met and exceeded our expectations for an SUV. Strong enough to fight the snow and keep going. Gas sipper at 60MPH. In town driving consumes way to much gas. Comfortable enough for trips but with the Chrysler road noise to remind you it is a truck based vehicle."

nice suv

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"owned it for 2 years, no problems and it runs awsome. keep your foot out of the gas and fuel is decent. but note, put your foot in the gas and it will go. roomy and looks like new."

A Big Red Horse

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This vehicle does everything I have asked of it, except to pass a fueling station. I only put on 5-6,000 miles per year so it is not a big factor. It takes me hunting and fishing anywhere and everywhere and pulls anything I want to pull without complaint. It has been much more reliable than predicted by CR, which is a relief."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I bought my Durango used 3.5 years ago and have put over 75000 miles on it. Only work I have had to do was replace the water pump and the fuel pump. It still performs beautifully. My only complaint is the gas mileage (11 in town/16 highway)."

very good family vehicle

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"it has plenty of room, enough for seven people. It has enough power to get out of someones way when need be. It is a overall good vehicle all around."

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I bought my Durango used, and it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I would highly recommend a Durango to anybody!"