2002 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 958 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."

Class, power, reliability all in one

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I have really enjoyed this Durango for so many reasons. Black exterior with Premium 17" wheels, and plenty of tread left on the tires. It only has approx. 136,000 miles. The leather buckets are Black and Gray in nice shape. So comfortable and easy to drive. Plenty of power with the 5.9 Liter motor when you need it and rides like a caddy at Freeway speeds especially. Has a third seat for more passengers, and plenty of rear cargo space. The tow package is a great convenience as it will easily pull anything you could want. And really, the bottom line is this vehicle is well kept and maintained in great condition. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's really all one could ask for in a 10 year young Durango. Many many good miles left on this gem."

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Wonderful Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "This vehicle is great for all tasks you perform!"

Cons: "It does drink alot of gas..."

"I absolutely LOVE my '99 Durango! I'm a mom-on-the-go and this SUV is PERFECT!! My kids have dance, cheerleading, softball, volleyball, and 4H and on top of it all, I'm have to take other children with us a lot. It's great because there is plenty of room for everyone and their gear! Traveling is wonderful also because there are several power-ports so that no one is fighting over them and I still get to charge my stuff too! It drives like a car but performs like a truck. So I wouldn't trade mine for anything but a newer model!!"

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"