2002 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 958 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I absolutley love my Durango... I am on my third!

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "Nice Ride, Fast, Decent MPG, Very Reliable. 4.7L"

Cons: "Owned 3, the 5.9L MPG and Trans would be cons."

Here is my new Maroon Durango

"I am on my 3rd first gen Durango, I think its safe to say I am obsessed. My first one was a beauty white AWD with the 4.7L - Very powerful and got 20+MPG on the interstate. Rode like a dream and never left me stranded ANYWHERE! I inherited that vehicle with 100K and I drove it to 190K, still drove like brand new, I cried when I sold it. I then bought a Maxima which wasnt all that it was hyped up to be. 9 months later I bought another Durango! Black with gold bottom trim, she was a beauty! The heated seats were so hot they could cook eggs! Beware tho! this one had the 5.9L, and yeah its a BIG V8, but it was not any faster than the previous 4.7L I had, and the 5.9 struggled to get 15mpg on the interstate. I drove the 2nd one from 149K to 185K with no issues what so ever, she never left me stranded either! My only gripe(s) with the 5.9L was the gas mileage, the transmission was not so good compared to the newer better ones that the 4.7L's come with.. and it did not ride as good as my first one. Now im on my third. She is a 2001 with the 4.7L, maroon with gold bottom trim, fully loaded! I am glad I came back to the 4.7L Bringing it back from the dealer I got 22MPG going 75mph, it was fantastic! These vehicles are so good in the snow and in off-roading conditions. Thus far all have easily cut through 2ft+ of snow and drive in the snow like they are on pavement."

My video

Here is my new Maroon Durango

Here is my Black one with the 5.9L that I sold for the 4.7L

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had this vehicle for almost 7 years now and I love all the dynamics of it. I have not had any major problems with the powertrain but the ball joints are not top notch and need to be replaced if they are from the factory. The interior leather seats are great for long trips with the family whether it is towing a boat to driving a couple hundred miles on the freeway, although the 3rd row is made more for children with limited legroom for taller adults. The engine has plenty of power also would recommend chipping the ECU, throwing a K&N cold air kit made for the engine, and throwing a magnaflow/flowmaster exhaust kit it will give the vehicle a completely different feel in the amount of power. The only bad thing about this car nowadays is the gas, on a good day I will get about 13-15 mpg city and about 17-19 highway and the 23 gallon tank is not to cheap to fill up but then again it is not a prius. All in all it is a wonderful vehicle and I am glad to have it."

Bought it Brand New And Still LOVE it! Best Ever!!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Height, 4WD, 3rd row seating, Comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Nothing at all! I LOVE this truck! (SUV)"

"I have owned this Durango since it was Brand New. It has never failed me! 13 years and it is still my favorite ride ever! It has height, it is sturdy, it goes through everything! I have had to put very little money into it. Maintenance is simple. My kids and their friends all fit inside with the 3rd row seating. Driven across the country and back with no issues at all. This vehicle is Very Fast!!! It's the smaller engine of the V8's and it was getting Fabulous Gas Mileage compared to any other "truck" I have owned. This SUV is definitely a Mothers Best Friend! It has adjustable height drivers seat, lumbar adjustment, tilts up/down at knees for comfort. Big tow package mirrors for a better side/rear visual. Has the navigation box above that shows the direction of travel you are facing, the time, the miles traveled, the amount of time traveled, and the temperature outside. The motor purrs even after 178K miles! Considering it's a 4x4 it rides like a car! Not bouncy and uncomfortable. I have back injuries and this vehicle is the easiest ride for this as it is the only one that does NOT hurt me to drive. Center seat has a drop down center console with cup holders for the passengers. Seats flip forward for hauling big items in back. Packed 6 people in to travel to CA and back comfortably, with luggage. I cannot imagine trying this is a mini van even! We had height and stability for driving thru the mountainous areas in Colorado. A very Fun vehicle to own! I have tried newer models and I was not as impressed. I will drive this til' it drops! And then probably replace whatever breaks to continue driving it! :)"

Very Dependable!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Owned for 8 years and has 130,000 miles. Oil changes and basic tune work. The only repair has been a water pump at 120,000. This is the best vehicle I have owned to date."

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Strong, roomy, comfortable, easy to park"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"I bought my 2002 Durango used over a year ago. We bought it because we needed a 7 passenger vehicle and didn't want a mini van. Yes fuel mileage is low but you don't buy an SUV for fuel economy. With 5 kids me and my wife would have to take 2 cars if we wanted to go anywhere. So fuel economy wise it was cheaper to take the Durango. We went on 600 mile trip with all the kids fully loaded with camping gear and 2 huge roof top carriers. The 4.7 pulled nice and we averaged 16 mpg going 70mph try that in a minivan or ecnobox car. Just love this car, comfortable, powerful and not to big, easy to park. Make sure you replace the upper radiator hose as soon as you can and check the radiator for cracks after 10 years all plastic on any car starts to break down"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, looks, dependability"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought my Durango used from a retired couple last fall. When I purchased it they gave me all the receipts and a maintenace log. I new it was well taken care of. I bought this truck to get thru the tough Northern Michigan winters. I quickly fell in love with it. The power and the way it cuts thru the snow is great. It is well worth the 12 mpg I get in it. I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good solid truck, yet beautiful as a car"

"THE BEST Vehicle I've every owned. Looking for another. Roomy, comfortable, works great, great on gas, great in snow and sand. Love, love, love this vehicle!"

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."