2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 974 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Over 157K and still runs and drives like new. I get 18 MPG not bad for such a big truck. My wife loves to steal it from me every chance she gets and she has a new car. No problems in 10 years. Just regular upkeep."

Good SUV

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I bought this SUV used with 90,000 miles on it. It is a 2001 SLT 5.9 4x4. For the engine size/4x4 status/towing it did fair with MPG. I was getting 12/15 until I did a full tuneup, K&N air filter, New Monroe Sensitrac shocks, Tornado for air intake. Then I was getting 16.9-18 mpg on the highway. 13 in the city. I have a job that requires me to travel, towing a 18 ft travel trailer for living while on the road, needing 4x4 for snow and living in elevation. Travel nursing has its benefits. I bought this in TN, took it to Texas for 2 months, Arizona 6 months, Colorado 2 months, NM 3 months. I have put 28,000 miles on it now, about $1000 in maintenance/parts that I replaced myself. It has enough power to tow without a problem (7,500lbs). Trailer was 3,000 lbs so I did not even know it was back there most of the time. Had a problem with water heater, replaced it. I tyically drive 85 mph on highway and while towing 70mph. While towing on the highway I got 13 mpg. Its a good little SUV, but with gas prices going from $4.50 per gallon its time to get something more efficient but with all the great qualities. Xterra has grabbed my attention off road version. All and all its a good little SUV, but you have to sacrifice the MPG for the big V8. I thought a bigger trailer was in my future so that is why I bought this car. My 2 cents. Hope it helps."