2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 969 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."