2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 933 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I absolutley love my Durango... I am on my third!

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "Nice Ride, Fast, Decent MPG, Very Reliable. 4.7L"

Cons: "Owned 3, the 5.9L MPG and Trans would be cons."

Here is my new Maroon Durango

"I am on my 3rd first gen Durango, I think its safe to say I am obsessed. My first one was a beauty white AWD with the 4.7L - Very powerful and got 20+MPG on the interstate. Rode like a dream and never left me stranded ANYWHERE! I inherited that vehicle with 100K and I drove it to 190K, still drove like brand new, I cried when I sold it. I then bought a Maxima which wasnt all that it was hyped up to be. 9 months later I bought another Durango! Black with gold bottom trim, she was a beauty! The heated seats were so hot they could cook eggs! Beware tho! this one had the 5.9L, and yeah its a BIG V8, but it was not any faster than the previous 4.7L I had, and the 5.9 struggled to get 15mpg on the interstate. I drove the 2nd one from 149K to 185K with no issues what so ever, she never left me stranded either! My only gripe(s) with the 5.9L was the gas mileage, the transmission was not so good compared to the newer better ones that the 4.7L's come with.. and it did not ride as good as my first one. Now im on my third. She is a 2001 with the 4.7L, maroon with gold bottom trim, fully loaded! I am glad I came back to the 4.7L Bringing it back from the dealer I got 22MPG going 75mph, it was fantastic! These vehicles are so good in the snow and in off-roading conditions. Thus far all have easily cut through 2ft+ of snow and drive in the snow like they are on pavement."

My video

Here is my new Maroon Durango

Here is my Black one with the 5.9L that I sold for the 4.7L

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

Never had a vehicle that I have ran as many miles.

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Has never let me down..."

Cons: "Rear heat isn't the best."

"This Durango had had 77k on it when bought in 2003, now has 279k and still going. Drove to CO this fall and still got 18.5 mpg with 5.2L and 4x4. handles great! Never had major repairs until the cv on the front drive shaft failed at 265k and it took out the transfer case with the vibration. Otherwise, original battery was replaced at 177k, water pump at 210k, ball joints at 220k. Awesome and reliable vehicle. Used for daily driving with emergency responses on an average of 6 times a month as I am an EMT. Held up great so far."

Greatest vehicle I've ever purchased!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, durable, handles well, competitive $"

Cons: "needs more gadgets"

"The best purchase I've ever made in a vehicle. It's been tried & true for ten long years so far. It always gets the job done...Whether its transporting the family or furniture. It's simply the best!"

i love this car

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "very roomy and spacious"

Cons: "TERRABLE ON GAS"

"this 2003 dodge durango is the best running car i have ever owned i bought this car 2 years old with a little over 26,000 miles i now have 194,000 miles+ on this truck it has never let me down i do alot of driving with my truck we have gone on vacation with this car every year for the past 5 years and never a problem i fit everything in the car"

This is the best SUV I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great looks, lots of power."

Cons: "gas mileage but i can over look that"

just detailed!! :)

"i have owned this SUV since 2003. I own a 2001 SLT PLUS! i love it, it has good air conditioning, looks great and rides great, it has a lot of power. it is the best SUV ive ever known of! :)"

just detailed!! :)

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

Love my durango

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"I have owned my 2003 dodge durango with the 4.7L magnum for almost 4 years now. I have put my fair share of miles on it and it has never let me down. I absoultley love my durango. It never left me sitting on the side of the road and only have had to have do service on it. Its great to tow my trailer around when i go fourwheeling. you can fit seven people in it comfortabaly. Ive made a few upgrades to my durango to fix some issues i found. mostly the sound system as i replaced all four speakers and the head unit. they were just outdated for me. I tinted my windows for the purpose of blocking sun in the day because that bothered me. I added dual exhaust and a cold air intake for mainly the look and sound. the clean look of the cold air intake just adds that little bit. i changed the stock wheels put and put on new ones to add a better look. theres nothing wrong with the old ones. they held up good and still shine and clean up well. i kept them for the winner time. the paint has held up well and still shines good. even through the winters theres no rust from the salt except a little on one door. the only thing that i dislike and havent been able to change is the centerconsole. its cracked in a couple different places but it came like that. since ive had it the cracks havent gotten worse so i have no idea how they got there."

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, looks, dependability"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought my Durango used from a retired couple last fall. When I purchased it they gave me all the receipts and a maintenace log. I new it was well taken care of. I bought this truck to get thru the tough Northern Michigan winters. I quickly fell in love with it. The power and the way it cuts thru the snow is great. It is well worth the 12 mpg I get in it. I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had this vehicle for almost 7 years now and I love all the dynamics of it. I have not had any major problems with the powertrain but the ball joints are not top notch and need to be replaced if they are from the factory. The interior leather seats are great for long trips with the family whether it is towing a boat to driving a couple hundred miles on the freeway, although the 3rd row is made more for children with limited legroom for taller adults. The engine has plenty of power also would recommend chipping the ECU, throwing a K&N cold air kit made for the engine, and throwing a magnaflow/flowmaster exhaust kit it will give the vehicle a completely different feel in the amount of power. The only bad thing about this car nowadays is the gas, on a good day I will get about 13-15 mpg city and about 17-19 highway and the 23 gallon tank is not to cheap to fill up but then again it is not a prius. All in all it is a wonderful vehicle and I am glad to have it."

Off Road MONSTER!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Easy Driver, Strong Drivetrain, Low Body-Roll"

Cons: "Gas Mileage(duh), Wheel Size, Rear Drum Brakes"

"To start off everything is better with lots of power, the 5.9 liter 360 Magnum will run forever(with the right maintenance that is). The power delivered from the engine will flow right in to the NV3500 transmission that it relies on, after about two hundred thousand miles of abusive, or under maintained trans use parts will start to go out. But don't let that worry you the four-wheel drive will continue to drag the competition behind you. Although coming out of production with 15" alloys an full size spare, it will do it's best to get you where you need to be. Also you will want to remember to keep your AC system up to par, if not those nasty little pumps can and will eat you belt and money without a second thought. As all avid mechanics or DIY-ers know, keep your plugs, wires, oil changes, and trans fluid change on a regular basis an you will have yourself a three hundred an fifty thousands mile steel horse to take you where you wanna go."

getting on my nerves

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "great for interior space"

Cons: "obviously the MPG is the MAJOR downside"

"we have had this vehicle for like 3 years now and in the last years time have spent more money on it than it's worth...water pump, CPU, tranny, and now we are fed up with it. not shocking to find out that particular model year was the one with the most problems. literally from the start we had issues with it, and now that our family size is just the four of us, it's just not that economical anymore"

good

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "has given good service"

Cons: "high miles, no AC"

"high miles, AC does not work, small oil leak"

Great vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very good 4X4 in sand, snow and ice."

Cons: "Not good for off road due to low ground clearance"

"I purchased the 1999 Dodge Durango 4X4 used with 53,000 miles on it. The only issues i have had with this vehicle are as folows: The Drivers side power window motor failed and had to be replaced(at about 85,000 miles) and the waterpump went bad at 105,000 miles, which i fixed myself. Gas milage is not the best(aprox 15/16 MPG Highway. Overall this has been a very dependable and reliable vehicle."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good solid truck, yet beautiful as a car"

"THE BEST Vehicle I've every owned. Looking for another. Roomy, comfortable, works great, great on gas, great in snow and sand. Love, love, love this vehicle!"

Love Love Love

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"I am the original owner of my 2001 Durango. I love it even with 256,000 miles. Not sure why they changed the style because to me it is perfect - sporty, comfortable and perfect size. I can carry the family or I can haul around an extension ladder, stove or wheel barrel. My boyfriend always says "I wish you loved me as much as you love that darn Durango". Still see a lot of them on the road. It has been handed down to my daughter. Still looks new! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!"

I had one stolen and bought another

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"I love my Durango. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have never been dissapointed by my Durango. It always does what I ask it to do."

awesome

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "takes a beating"

Cons: "bad on gas"

"love it"

This SUV has proven its self very well

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "A little slugges in the handling area"

"Love the ride and comfort, for having a V8 magnum it has plenlty of power for pulling and get up and go in traffic, the only pit fall is GAS MILEAGE otherwise great."

i love my durango.

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "It is fun to drive and spacious"

"I have recommended this vehicle to several people. It is dependable and spacious. I even use it to help people move and transport other vehicles that need to be taken to the shop for repairs."

Too bad dodge changed from the original style.

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"The first style was by far the best."

I love my Durango!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, responsive, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2002 Durango with 115,000 miles and although my husband says I should probably get a newer vehicle, I really don't need to or want to! This vehicle is still very reliable; I hardly ever take it to the shop. It's comfortable; I love the way the seats hug my body. It drives great and handles well. It's the perfect size; I don't feel like I'm driving a tank but yet it's roomy enough to fit anything I need to put in it. My only complaint is the gas mileage. You will definitely have a higher gas bill driving this thing. I typically get 13-15 mpg."

2001 Dodge Durango...

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Loaded with features and a VERY strong engine!!"

Cons: "With any big SUV/truck engine gas is the con."

"I absolutely love this vehicle, so much as to why I am going to sell mine in order to obtain the newer 2012 model."

Strong, reliable and safe

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun, sounds great, it can tow anything with ease"

Cons: "plastic dash interiors(easy to clean) poor mpg"

"The vehicle still looks sharp. The flame red really stands out and the sound that's uttered as the 5.9L (tried and true Mopar 360) goes by is nothing short of musical. Though it's not great on economy, it does well on regular octane and has been as reliable as anything I've EVER owned. And I've had Nissan, Honda(wasn't anything at all like expected), GM and Ford."

See if you qualify for