2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 954 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I will never buy a Dodge agian

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "See above"

"Control module went out. 3 days at a dealer yielded no repair. All indications was that they wanted to sell me a new vehicle. Test unit for testing the control module costs $2,500. Cannot trust dealer to fix it."

03 durango - It gets the job done.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, smooth ride, great 4x4"

Cons: "Low mpg"

"Ive just about had my durango for a year now and have put about 11k miles on it. So far, no serious problems have occurred. My check engine light has been on since i bought the car with a P0440 gas leak detected (small) but to my knowledge this is a common problem with durangos and dakotas of the time. A few things to look out for especially in places where it snows is rust. As long as there is no serious frame rot you should be fine with a little rust underneath it. But before you commit to buying one, take a look underneath at the shocks and frame, my rear shocks had holes rusted in them the size of oranges but they still worked fine. Transmission pan rust is a common problem with these trucks and mine has just started to rust. It needs to be replaced but its pretty cheap to get a new pan and gasket, just around $35. If you are looking for a truck to haul yourself, your wife, and your 6 kids in the back, this is the vehicle for you. Its a grade A grocery getter. If you are looking for something to work on yourself this is a great choice. lots of space in the engine bay for an air intake kit once you remove the stock air cleaner assembly. Roaring exhaust with a Borla cat back."

Highly satisfied with this car. very dependable

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, dependable, powerful"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Original owner, well maintained"

Great SUV, but POOR GAS MILEAGE

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, Smooth Ride, Comfort, Rear Ac. Powerful"

Cons: "GAs Mileage Poor, Power WiD,"

"My Family Bought this S.U.V as a certified pre-owned in 2004 (had around 30k miles on it). To Us It has been a good car. Great car for us at the time, I was too young to drive and it carried all the family really comfortably. I am now driving it daily. Its a good car for around the town comfort and if you need to haul or tow small trailers. However it has some downsides. 1st off is the POOR GAS MILEAGE!!! I get about 10-14 city and 14-17hwy depending on traffic and things. Secondly is many of the luxury features will break with time( mainly things, Stereo speakers, and POWER WINDOW REGULATORS, Power seats).Also Alot of dodge vehicles are known to have transmission issues or differential issues. (IDK why but many people i have talked to have had their transmissions in dodge vehicles redone or replaced. However its has been reliable to us thus far (knocking on wood here). Personally I would Like to get something else with today's gas prices hovering between 3-4$/Gal But If your a Mother or someone that needs to haul people or things its a good car. I just don't really need these things being a 21 year old with no kids atm. Overall My family has been happy with the Durango and I Will continue to use it until I can afford a car payment."

I love this car best vehicle ever have

By on Friday, October 31, 2014