2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 930 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

It might be an older vehicle but it is sturdy

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "V8 Magnum says it all"

"I am the second owner of this vehicle, it has been an amazing purchase. Every now and then it has a minor breakdown but nothing serious. This vehicle has stood the test of time and is still going. I love my Mean Bean!!!"

Absolute Monster, one of Chrysler's best suv's!!!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "That 5.9 engine sound, and outstanding reliability"

Cons: "Nothing!"

"I'm the owner of a 2001 Durango R/T 5.9 and let me tell you this truck is a monster! I bought it 3 yrs ago with 142k and all I've done to it is brakes, and oil change in those two yrs nothing major at all. In these harsh Chicago winters it turned on smooth every -0 day or night and went thru snow like nothing thanks to its powerful 5.9 and AWD. Since then I put a exhaust system on this bad boy and let me tell y'all.....This beast sounds like it has a 454 big block under the hood!!! It just roars like a lion when you hit on that gas, this truck is an absolute rebel! In all reality, the spec rated 250 hp I think is really underrated by the way this beast roars on idle and on pick up. I think it has atleast 290 or 300 hp. I've seen 2013's and 14's with catback exhaust systems and they just don't even come close to sounding like this 1st gen Durango. I change the oil with pennzoil Ultra and let me tell you, this thing runs as smooth as a 2014 no lie, it loves this synthetic. Anyways if anyone is thinking about buying one....GET IT, you will not be dissapointed. Its super reliable, dependable, fun to drive, and just plain nasty!!!"

I love this truck! Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "extremely reliable. outstanding 4wd performance."

Cons: "uneven temperature. frightening low gas mileage."

"I bought my 2003 Durango used in 2005, only one previous owner. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Always feel safe driving it in any weather or road conditions. This truck is a beast. I've had tons of people ask me to come get them or to drive them somewhere during snowstorms. I've even had male co-workers ask me for rides home after terrible snowstorms because my truck is better in snow than anything anyone else owns lol. I love the power it has, it's a fast truck. I'm sad that this was the last year for this body style. If they still made them in this design I'd buy another in a second. Only downsides are low fuel mileage but it is a v8. And the temperature is always uneven, heat and a/c. The driver side is colder than the passenger and there's not really a perfect setting to use so you're always adjusting it as you go. But they're minor compared to how great this truck is :)"

This vehicle is a dark purple metalic. Needs tlc

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, comfortable"

Cons: "not good on gas"

"great vehicle."

i have owned this vehicle for 2 years

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "great ride. comforable to driv long distances"

Cons: "really bad on gas"

"I bought this vehicle from my dad 2 years ago for 1200. it currently has 202000 miles. original engine and transmission numbers matching. no engine light or any other lights on in the dash board. no major work has been done to it. go right through mud and snow."