2000 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 924 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great SUV

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Strong, roomy, comfortable, easy to park"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"I bought my 2002 Durango used over a year ago. We bought it because we needed a 7 passenger vehicle and didn't want a mini van. Yes fuel mileage is low but you don't buy an SUV for fuel economy. With 5 kids me and my wife would have to take 2 cars if we wanted to go anywhere. So fuel economy wise it was cheaper to take the Durango. We went on 600 mile trip with all the kids fully loaded with camping gear and 2 huge roof top carriers. The 4.7 pulled nice and we averaged 16 mpg going 70mph try that in a minivan or ecnobox car. Just love this car, comfortable, powerful and not to big, easy to park. Make sure you replace the upper radiator hose as soon as you can and check the radiator for cracks after 10 years all plastic on any car starts to break down"

if gas is not a problem buy a durango 98-03 5.9

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "great car, very reliable, seat 8,6 comfortable"

Cons: "drinks gas like an alcoholic"

"my first car i bought was 2000 dodge durango 5.9 didn't wont to because its not that flashy but it they will last forever if you ask me. driven 100,000 mile with no major problems, I've only spent under 1000 in D.I.Y repairs and maintenance. I've owned the car for just over 2 years, and its fills good to say i own a durango instead of have a used car that at 100,000 miles you would've already replace engine or transmission. So like i said if its no problem buying gas buy a durango 5.9 98-03 trust me you wont regret it."

Beyond expectations

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Solid feel and drive. Can fit so much inside"

Cons: "Only con, plan on extra gas money. 10-14mpg"

"This car drives like it's brand new. No rust, no oil drips. And this particular car was well taken care of, and looks almost new inside and out. very safe feeling when operating. I was recently blindsided by a vehicle that ran a stop sign. her car is visible totaled, like a giant can opener got to work on it. The durango had minimal damage and saved three people in the car from serious physical injuries. Waiting to see if the car will be a complete loss or not. Only because it is a 2001. But i would not hesitate to buy another if needed."

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."

Great 4X4

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Great tow rig, good MPG."

Cons: "Could use a little more leg room in the 3rd row."

"I use my Durango SLT Plus 4.7 mostly as a car hauler and it is amazing for its size. I replaced a Ford F150 4X4 extended cab pickup with the Durango and the Durango's towing ability is night and day better than the F150. I get 18+ MPG on the highway empty and 12+ towing 5000+ pounds. My F150 with the 302 and 5 speed never got better than 14 empty and 10 towing. In 111K miles the Durango has needed nothing but brakes and oil changes plus one fan clutch. It is the SLT plus so has all the options and is a very comfortable traveling rig. When it is cold (below 0) it starts just like it is warm outside so no mater the weather I know the Durango will start and take me where I need to go."

A wonderful family rig with tons of power!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "This is a tank that drives like a sports car."

Cons: "child size third row seats"

"Very nice suv I love it 2000 with full time 4wd also 4 hi and 4 lo with the 5.9l excellent truck."

My all-time favorite!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Great pulling power, few repairs."

Cons: "Only the front seats are comfy for on a long haul."

"This brute has the very potent 5.9. I have pulled travel trailers and car trailers cross-continent. I've pulled small equipment and livestock locally. This SUV is a truck and has done it all. The leather has held up great and the vehicle still looks top notch. With 142K miles it has required no engine work. The tranny acts like it needs a new O2 sensor. The biggest expense has been replacing the heater core twice. I've been very pleased with this all purpose vehicle."

had since new, love it

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"Bought new right out of show room. Raised my kids in it.Taught all 3 kids to drive in it. Ihave owned many vehicles,love this the most.It is my baby.Looks almost new.Cannot bear to trade it in,only complaint is horrible gas mileage.May keep it longer or till it dies."

My MPG is very good with the 4.7 . 18 city 25 hyw

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

"TUFF TRUCK and good MPG"

Best SUV Ever Owned!!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Powerful!!! Hauls anything with 3 row seat/laydown"

Cons: "With any large engine car, it takes gas."

"After all of the SUV's and Trucks I have owned, I have enjoyed this particular SUV. I purchased this car used from the original owner at a dealership. Having driven other Durangos in test drives, I was fortunate to find one that was all leather and smooth riding. It is an awesome SUV to drive, especially in the winter and the bonus of pulling a boat and using in the snow has been tremendously helpful. It will pull just about anything."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25