2000 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 958 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Class, power, reliability all in one

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I have really enjoyed this Durango for so many reasons. Black exterior with Premium 17" wheels, and plenty of tread left on the tires. It only has approx. 136,000 miles. The leather buckets are Black and Gray in nice shape. So comfortable and easy to drive. Plenty of power with the 5.9 Liter motor when you need it and rides like a caddy at Freeway speeds especially. Has a third seat for more passengers, and plenty of rear cargo space. The tow package is a great convenience as it will easily pull anything you could want. And really, the bottom line is this vehicle is well kept and maintained in great condition. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's really all one could ask for in a 10 year young Durango. Many many good miles left on this gem."

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Wonderful Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "This vehicle is great for all tasks you perform!"

Cons: "It does drink alot of gas..."

"I absolutely LOVE my '99 Durango! I'm a mom-on-the-go and this SUV is PERFECT!! My kids have dance, cheerleading, softball, volleyball, and 4H and on top of it all, I'm have to take other children with us a lot. It's great because there is plenty of room for everyone and their gear! Traveling is wonderful also because there are several power-ports so that no one is fighting over them and I still get to charge my stuff too! It drives like a car but performs like a truck. So I wouldn't trade mine for anything but a newer model!!"

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

Love Love Love

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"I am the original owner of my 2001 Durango. I love it even with 256,000 miles. Not sure why they changed the style because to me it is perfect - sporty, comfortable and perfect size. I can carry the family or I can haul around an extension ladder, stove or wheel barrel. My boyfriend always says "I wish you loved me as much as you love that darn Durango". Still see a lot of them on the road. It has been handed down to my daughter. Still looks new! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!"

I have enjoyed this SUV

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I bought my 2000 durango right off the dealership floor with 26 miles on it. I have never had any major repairs needed in 100,000 miles and have made sure that oil changes and such are done on a regular basis. Love the room so versatile and can do just about anything except move a refrigerator. The seats fold down for a completely flat surface which works great for camping or the drive in. I would gladly purchase another Dodge!"

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Over 157K and still runs and drives like new. I get 18 MPG not bad for such a big truck. My wife loves to steal it from me every chance she gets and she has a new car. No problems in 10 years. Just regular upkeep."