2000 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 946 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Love this vehicle!!!!! The original model!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive, great look, roomy, fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage, tranny issues mimic need 4tune up"

"I love this vehicle! I would recommend it to anyone who wants an SUV. It's not good on gas mileage and can have transmission problems that can mimic the need for a tune-up, however it is a great vehicle. Mine handles excellently in ice and snow. During a blizzard when monster trucks and other 4wheel drive vehicles were getting stuck and immobilized, my green "beast" powered through without a problem. The original body style is unmatched and having the third row doesn't take away from the aesthetic. It's a comfortable drive with that monster power noise upon starting that says "this is a truck"! It's a large roomy truck but easy to see the road and surrounding in (I'm a short person and I have a less obstructed view in my truck than in a car). It's worth the value."

Great durango, especially with 360c.u.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great torque, comfortable, great traveling vehicle"

Cons: "transmissions can be quirky"

"Bought this suv from a family member, its now on its 3rd transmission, had a new bumper put in, new hoses, lines, ect. I drive 150 miles with it weekly and never skips a beat, (knock on wood). 5.9 has amazing power for size of vehicle, never downshifts going up hills, and going 75 I'm still only at 1,800 RPM. Power seat, all speakers work, everything works! Transmissions can be a bit quirky but when you know the shift points, its great. She really pulls. Great traveling vehicle, steering is great, (nice and tight, unlike other rams)."

I will never buy a Dodge agian

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "See above"

"Control module went out. 3 days at a dealer yielded no repair. All indications was that they wanted to sell me a new vehicle. Test unit for testing the control module costs $2,500. Cannot trust dealer to fix it."

03 durango - It gets the job done.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, smooth ride, great 4x4"

Cons: "Low mpg"

"Ive just about had my durango for a year now and have put about 11k miles on it. So far, no serious problems have occurred. My check engine light has been on since i bought the car with a P0440 gas leak detected (small) but to my knowledge this is a common problem with durangos and dakotas of the time. A few things to look out for especially in places where it snows is rust. As long as there is no serious frame rot you should be fine with a little rust underneath it. But before you commit to buying one, take a look underneath at the shocks and frame, my rear shocks had holes rusted in them the size of oranges but they still worked fine. Transmission pan rust is a common problem with these trucks and mine has just started to rust. It needs to be replaced but its pretty cheap to get a new pan and gasket, just around $35. If you are looking for a truck to haul yourself, your wife, and your 6 kids in the back, this is the vehicle for you. Its a grade A grocery getter. If you are looking for something to work on yourself this is a great choice. lots of space in the engine bay for an air intake kit once you remove the stock air cleaner assembly. Roaring exhaust with a Borla cat back."

Highly satisfied with this car. very dependable

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, dependable, powerful"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Original owner, well maintained"

Great SUV, but POOR GAS MILEAGE

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, Smooth Ride, Comfort, Rear Ac. Powerful"

Cons: "GAs Mileage Poor, Power WiD,"

"My Family Bought this S.U.V as a certified pre-owned in 2004 (had around 30k miles on it). To Us It has been a good car. Great car for us at the time, I was too young to drive and it carried all the family really comfortably. I am now driving it daily. Its a good car for around the town comfort and if you need to haul or tow small trailers. However it has some downsides. 1st off is the POOR GAS MILEAGE!!! I get about 10-14 city and 14-17hwy depending on traffic and things. Secondly is many of the luxury features will break with time( mainly things, Stereo speakers, and POWER WINDOW REGULATORS, Power seats).Also Alot of dodge vehicles are known to have transmission issues or differential issues. (IDK why but many people i have talked to have had their transmissions in dodge vehicles redone or replaced. However its has been reliable to us thus far (knocking on wood here). Personally I would Like to get something else with today's gas prices hovering between 3-4$/Gal But If your a Mother or someone that needs to haul people or things its a good car. I just don't really need these things being a 21 year old with no kids atm. Overall My family has been happy with the Durango and I Will continue to use it until I can afford a car payment."

I love this car best vehicle ever have

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"Excellent car"

Awesome 4x4

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, towing capacity, and comfort."

Cons: "fuel milage, it's a 4x4 AWD what do you expect."

"I'm the second owner and I bought this 2002 Dodge Durango RT w/ 56,000 miles on it in 2011, since then I've only have had to replace the spark plug wires and the plugs and rotor and distributor. This is the most comfortable vehicle that I've ever owned w/ all of the bells and whistles. Its been extremely reliable and fun to drive. Gas mileage is not it's forte but the ability to get around in the winter and up and down hills in the winter on snow or ice is an excellent trade off. Also the towining capacity is outstanding as I have pulled everything from a pop up tent trailer to a 26' rv all without any problems. I LOVE This SUV!!! I had never owned a Dodge before but I'm sold on them now and plan on being a life long customer."

I LOVE my Durango!

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Good condition in and out. 4WD runs perfect."

Cons: "High mileage. All local miles."

"We have driven this vehicle for 10 years. Oil changed like clockwork, new tires occassionally and fill it up. Runs great and still looks good. Only wear on the leather interior is on the drivers side seat from sliding out. Been the best vehicle I've owned! Retireing, relocating and downsizing or I'd keep it forever."

Very disappointing!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Have always taken good care of my vehicle as I paid over $30k for it. I expected some body issues as I live in Minnesota and we have a lot of salt on the roads in the winter. However, the engine has failed me terribly. There is not much in there that we did not replace or fix and the tranny is terrible. Now the fan is going, the AC has not worked in 2 years, because I don't feel like throwing even more money at it. For a 14 year old car with only 150,000 miles on it I could not be more disappointed in it's performance. I will NEVER buy a Dodge again nor will I ever suggest someone buy one!"