1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had this vehicle for almost 7 years now and I love all the dynamics of it. I have not had any major problems with the powertrain but the ball joints are not top notch and need to be replaced if they are from the factory. The interior leather seats are great for long trips with the family whether it is towing a boat to driving a couple hundred miles on the freeway, although the 3rd row is made more for children with limited legroom for taller adults. The engine has plenty of power also would recommend chipping the ECU, throwing a K&N cold air kit made for the engine, and throwing a magnaflow/flowmaster exhaust kit it will give the vehicle a completely different feel in the amount of power. The only bad thing about this car nowadays is the gas, on a good day I will get about 13-15 mpg city and about 17-19 highway and the 23 gallon tank is not to cheap to fill up but then again it is not a prius. All in all it is a wonderful vehicle and I am glad to have it."

Bought it Brand New And Still LOVE it! Best Ever!!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Height, 4WD, 3rd row seating, Comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Nothing at all! I LOVE this truck! (SUV)"

"I have owned this Durango since it was Brand New. It has never failed me! 13 years and it is still my favorite ride ever! It has height, it is sturdy, it goes through everything! I have had to put very little money into it. Maintenance is simple. My kids and their friends all fit inside with the 3rd row seating. Driven across the country and back with no issues at all. This vehicle is Very Fast!!! It's the smaller engine of the V8's and it was getting Fabulous Gas Mileage compared to any other "truck" I have owned. This SUV is definitely a Mothers Best Friend! It has adjustable height drivers seat, lumbar adjustment, tilts up/down at knees for comfort. Big tow package mirrors for a better side/rear visual. Has the navigation box above that shows the direction of travel you are facing, the time, the miles traveled, the amount of time traveled, and the temperature outside. The motor purrs even after 178K miles! Considering it's a 4x4 it rides like a car! Not bouncy and uncomfortable. I have back injuries and this vehicle is the easiest ride for this as it is the only one that does NOT hurt me to drive. Center seat has a drop down center console with cup holders for the passengers. Seats flip forward for hauling big items in back. Packed 6 people in to travel to CA and back comfortably, with luggage. I cannot imagine trying this is a mini van even! We had height and stability for driving thru the mountainous areas in Colorado. A very Fun vehicle to own! I have tried newer models and I was not as impressed. I will drive this til' it drops! And then probably replace whatever breaks to continue driving it! :)"

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted