1999 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 969 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great SUV

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Over 157K and still runs and drives like new. I get 18 MPG not bad for such a big truck. My wife loves to steal it from me every chance she gets and she has a new car. No problems in 10 years. Just regular upkeep."

Great truck

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Mpg"

"It is at 201,121 miles and still going through my abusive driving. A couple of issues come up but it it is still really good. With big 5.9 motor there is so much power. Ride is smooth and comfortable with plenty of room. Stronger than my Chevy silverado in terms of power."

Good SUV

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I bought this SUV used with 90,000 miles on it. It is a 2001 SLT 5.9 4x4. For the engine size/4x4 status/towing it did fair with MPG. I was getting 12/15 until I did a full tuneup, K&N air filter, New Monroe Sensitrac shocks, Tornado for air intake. Then I was getting 16.9-18 mpg on the highway. 13 in the city. I have a job that requires me to travel, towing a 18 ft travel trailer for living while on the road, needing 4x4 for snow and living in elevation. Travel nursing has its benefits. I bought this in TN, took it to Texas for 2 months, Arizona 6 months, Colorado 2 months, NM 3 months. I have put 28,000 miles on it now, about $1000 in maintenance/parts that I replaced myself. It has enough power to tow without a problem (7,500lbs). Trailer was 3,000 lbs so I did not even know it was back there most of the time. Had a problem with water heater, replaced it. I tyically drive 85 mph on highway and while towing 70mph. While towing on the highway I got 13 mpg. Its a good little SUV, but with gas prices going from $4.50 per gallon its time to get something more efficient but with all the great qualities. Xterra has grabbed my attention off road version. All and all its a good little SUV, but you have to sacrifice the MPG for the big V8. I thought a bigger trailer was in my future so that is why I bought this car. My 2 cents. Hope it helps."

Right SUV for the Right Price

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"As a mom of 2 I love this SUV. It is high up but not so high I feel like I need a step ladder to get in. I feel safe knowing my boys are up higher than a sedan or even a van. It has AC in the rear which is awesome for my kids and the 3rd row is easy put up or down, even for me. When the 3rd row is down I have tons of space for strollers, blankets and whatever else I toss back there. I have had NO mechanical problems and it has never even sputtered or acted like it was going to breakdown which is HUGE with me. The last thing I want is to be stuck on the side of the road with two kids waiting for a tow truck. The best thing about this SUV is that we have a boat and this puppy can tow like it is nothing. We can all sit comfortably, run the AC and tow our boat and it does not hurt our gas milage to tow either. Good safe ride that my husband likes to drive also."

It can wheel! 2003 SLT+

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I've rock crawled it, climbed steep trails in it, tromped through deep snow, towed cars and boats, drove it 100 mph, bought it new and have had not one problem. 97000 miles and runs like new."