1999 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 960 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I absolutley love my Durango... I am on my third!

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "Nice Ride, Fast, Decent MPG, Very Reliable. 4.7L"

Cons: "Owned 3, the 5.9L MPG and Trans would be cons."

Here is my new Maroon Durango

"I am on my 3rd first gen Durango, I think its safe to say I am obsessed. My first one was a beauty white AWD with the 4.7L - Very powerful and got 20+MPG on the interstate. Rode like a dream and never left me stranded ANYWHERE! I inherited that vehicle with 100K and I drove it to 190K, still drove like brand new, I cried when I sold it. I then bought a Maxima which wasnt all that it was hyped up to be. 9 months later I bought another Durango! Black with gold bottom trim, she was a beauty! The heated seats were so hot they could cook eggs! Beware tho! this one had the 5.9L, and yeah its a BIG V8, but it was not any faster than the previous 4.7L I had, and the 5.9 struggled to get 15mpg on the interstate. I drove the 2nd one from 149K to 185K with no issues what so ever, she never left me stranded either! My only gripe(s) with the 5.9L was the gas mileage, the transmission was not so good compared to the newer better ones that the 4.7L's come with.. and it did not ride as good as my first one. Now im on my third. She is a 2001 with the 4.7L, maroon with gold bottom trim, fully loaded! I am glad I came back to the 4.7L Bringing it back from the dealer I got 22MPG going 75mph, it was fantastic! These vehicles are so good in the snow and in off-roading conditions. Thus far all have easily cut through 2ft+ of snow and drive in the snow like they are on pavement."

My video

Here is my new Maroon Durango

Here is my Black one with the 5.9L that I sold for the 4.7L

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, towing."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have had this vehicle for almost 7 years now and I love all the dynamics of it. I have not had any major problems with the powertrain but the ball joints are not top notch and need to be replaced if they are from the factory. The interior leather seats are great for long trips with the family whether it is towing a boat to driving a couple hundred miles on the freeway, although the 3rd row is made more for children with limited legroom for taller adults. The engine has plenty of power also would recommend chipping the ECU, throwing a K&N cold air kit made for the engine, and throwing a magnaflow/flowmaster exhaust kit it will give the vehicle a completely different feel in the amount of power. The only bad thing about this car nowadays is the gas, on a good day I will get about 13-15 mpg city and about 17-19 highway and the 23 gallon tank is not to cheap to fill up but then again it is not a prius. All in all it is a wonderful vehicle and I am glad to have it."

Bought it Brand New And Still LOVE it! Best Ever!!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Height, 4WD, 3rd row seating, Comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Nothing at all! I LOVE this truck! (SUV)"

"I have owned this Durango since it was Brand New. It has never failed me! 13 years and it is still my favorite ride ever! It has height, it is sturdy, it goes through everything! I have had to put very little money into it. Maintenance is simple. My kids and their friends all fit inside with the 3rd row seating. Driven across the country and back with no issues at all. This vehicle is Very Fast!!! It's the smaller engine of the V8's and it was getting Fabulous Gas Mileage compared to any other "truck" I have owned. This SUV is definitely a Mothers Best Friend! It has adjustable height drivers seat, lumbar adjustment, tilts up/down at knees for comfort. Big tow package mirrors for a better side/rear visual. Has the navigation box above that shows the direction of travel you are facing, the time, the miles traveled, the amount of time traveled, and the temperature outside. The motor purrs even after 178K miles! Considering it's a 4x4 it rides like a car! Not bouncy and uncomfortable. I have back injuries and this vehicle is the easiest ride for this as it is the only one that does NOT hurt me to drive. Center seat has a drop down center console with cup holders for the passengers. Seats flip forward for hauling big items in back. Packed 6 people in to travel to CA and back comfortably, with luggage. I cannot imagine trying this is a mini van even! We had height and stability for driving thru the mountainous areas in Colorado. A very Fun vehicle to own! I have tried newer models and I was not as impressed. I will drive this til' it drops! And then probably replace whatever breaks to continue driving it! :)"

Very Dependable!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Owned for 8 years and has 130,000 miles. Oil changes and basic tune work. The only repair has been a water pump at 120,000. This is the best vehicle I have owned to date."

Ultimate Test Drive

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Ton of fun to operate!"

Cons: "Likes the go-go juice."

"The interior is put together like something that could be compared to a Cadillac. The ride is extremely smooth and comfortable. The drive-train is super sound with smooth shifting and acceleration. The leather is nice and soft, not fake feeling. The embroidered suede on the front seats is a nice touch. All controls easy to use and find. I have the 5.9L horse of an engine, so in town driving could be dicey if you have an extremely tight wallet. Overall... Superior vehicle in performance, style, and function."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Strong, roomy, comfortable, easy to park"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"I bought my 2002 Durango used over a year ago. We bought it because we needed a 7 passenger vehicle and didn't want a mini van. Yes fuel mileage is low but you don't buy an SUV for fuel economy. With 5 kids me and my wife would have to take 2 cars if we wanted to go anywhere. So fuel economy wise it was cheaper to take the Durango. We went on 600 mile trip with all the kids fully loaded with camping gear and 2 huge roof top carriers. The 4.7 pulled nice and we averaged 16 mpg going 70mph try that in a minivan or ecnobox car. Just love this car, comfortable, powerful and not to big, easy to park. Make sure you replace the upper radiator hose as soon as you can and check the radiator for cracks after 10 years all plastic on any car starts to break down"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, looks, dependability"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought my Durango used from a retired couple last fall. When I purchased it they gave me all the receipts and a maintenace log. I new it was well taken care of. I bought this truck to get thru the tough Northern Michigan winters. I quickly fell in love with it. The power and the way it cuts thru the snow is great. It is well worth the 12 mpg I get in it. I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good solid truck, yet beautiful as a car"

"THE BEST Vehicle I've every owned. Looking for another. Roomy, comfortable, works great, great on gas, great in snow and sand. Love, love, love this vehicle!"

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."

Class, power, reliability all in one

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

"I have really enjoyed this Durango for so many reasons. Black exterior with Premium 17" wheels, and plenty of tread left on the tires. It only has approx. 136,000 miles. The leather buckets are Black and Gray in nice shape. So comfortable and easy to drive. Plenty of power with the 5.9 Liter motor when you need it and rides like a caddy at Freeway speeds especially. Has a third seat for more passengers, and plenty of rear cargo space. The tow package is a great convenience as it will easily pull anything you could want. And really, the bottom line is this vehicle is well kept and maintained in great condition. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's really all one could ask for in a 10 year young Durango. Many many good miles left on this gem."

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Wonderful Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "This vehicle is great for all tasks you perform!"

Cons: "It does drink alot of gas..."

"I absolutely LOVE my '99 Durango! I'm a mom-on-the-go and this SUV is PERFECT!! My kids have dance, cheerleading, softball, volleyball, and 4H and on top of it all, I'm have to take other children with us a lot. It's great because there is plenty of room for everyone and their gear! Traveling is wonderful also because there are several power-ports so that no one is fighting over them and I still get to charge my stuff too! It drives like a car but performs like a truck. So I wouldn't trade mine for anything but a newer model!!"

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

Love Love Love

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"I am the original owner of my 2001 Durango. I love it even with 256,000 miles. Not sure why they changed the style because to me it is perfect - sporty, comfortable and perfect size. I can carry the family or I can haul around an extension ladder, stove or wheel barrel. My boyfriend always says "I wish you loved me as much as you love that darn Durango". Still see a lot of them on the road. It has been handed down to my daughter. Still looks new! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!"

I have enjoyed this SUV

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I bought my 2000 durango right off the dealership floor with 26 miles on it. I have never had any major repairs needed in 100,000 miles and have made sure that oil changes and such are done on a regular basis. Love the room so versatile and can do just about anything except move a refrigerator. The seats fold down for a completely flat surface which works great for camping or the drive in. I would gladly purchase another Dodge!"

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped

1998 Durango*****

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the car"

Cons: "I think resale is underrated."

"We bought this car new in 1998, and have driven it over 216m miles as you can see. We had regular service and have had no problems outside of tires and battery. I did have to replace the water pump at about 198M Lots of highway miles. Driven in hill country and snow. I have never been sorry I bought this car."

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Over 157K and still runs and drives like new. I get 18 MPG not bad for such a big truck. My wife loves to steal it from me every chance she gets and she has a new car. No problems in 10 years. Just regular upkeep."

bandcampchamp

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I purchased my durango used with 90,000 miles on it to use to haul equipment for my band obsidian's dream. This thing has more room than thought... can fit drums, 4 amps, 2 p.a speakers, stands and more with middle seat down... have 170,000 miles on it and it is still without problem, handles great in snow, would recomend it to anyone.. thanx dodge for a great road vehicle for my band... duff"

Great truck

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Mpg"

"It is at 201,121 miles and still going through my abusive driving. A couple of issues come up but it it is still really good. With big 5.9 motor there is so much power. Ride is smooth and comfortable with plenty of room. Stronger than my Chevy silverado in terms of power."

Great Red never let me down

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "It was a great safe tank!"

Cons: "Low gas milege"

"Original owner of my Big Red Durango. It has hauled around our family as well as many school children on field trips and such. I do keep proper maint on my vehicles. With basic maint this car is on its original motor and a rebuilt trany. Value well it still runs and air works. The upholstery is still perfect except in one small seam that i stitched up."

Greatest vehicle I've ever purchased!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, durable, handles well, competitive $"

Cons: "needs more gadgets"

"The best purchase I've ever made in a vehicle. It's been tried & true for ten long years so far. It always gets the job done...Whether its transporting the family or furniture. It's simply the best!"

bought new best car i ever owned 4.7 motor very ef

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "if i found a low milage 2000 i would buy it, great"

"never a problem in 12 years as good as 19 mpg. on highway"