1999 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 946 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Love this vehicle!!!!! The original model!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable drive, great look, roomy, fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage, tranny issues mimic need 4tune up"

"I love this vehicle! I would recommend it to anyone who wants an SUV. It's not good on gas mileage and can have transmission problems that can mimic the need for a tune-up, however it is a great vehicle. Mine handles excellently in ice and snow. During a blizzard when monster trucks and other 4wheel drive vehicles were getting stuck and immobilized, my green "beast" powered through without a problem. The original body style is unmatched and having the third row doesn't take away from the aesthetic. It's a comfortable drive with that monster power noise upon starting that says "this is a truck"! It's a large roomy truck but easy to see the road and surrounding in (I'm a short person and I have a less obstructed view in my truck than in a car). It's worth the value."

Great durango, especially with 360c.u.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great torque, comfortable, great traveling vehicle"

Cons: "transmissions can be quirky"

"Bought this suv from a family member, its now on its 3rd transmission, had a new bumper put in, new hoses, lines, ect. I drive 150 miles with it weekly and never skips a beat, (knock on wood). 5.9 has amazing power for size of vehicle, never downshifts going up hills, and going 75 I'm still only at 1,800 RPM. Power seat, all speakers work, everything works! Transmissions can be a bit quirky but when you know the shift points, its great. She really pulls. Great traveling vehicle, steering is great, (nice and tight, unlike other rams)."

I will never buy a Dodge agian

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "See above"

"Control module went out. 3 days at a dealer yielded no repair. All indications was that they wanted to sell me a new vehicle. Test unit for testing the control module costs $2,500. Cannot trust dealer to fix it."

03 durango - It gets the job done.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, smooth ride, great 4x4"

Cons: "Low mpg"

"Ive just about had my durango for a year now and have put about 11k miles on it. So far, no serious problems have occurred. My check engine light has been on since i bought the car with a P0440 gas leak detected (small) but to my knowledge this is a common problem with durangos and dakotas of the time. A few things to look out for especially in places where it snows is rust. As long as there is no serious frame rot you should be fine with a little rust underneath it. But before you commit to buying one, take a look underneath at the shocks and frame, my rear shocks had holes rusted in them the size of oranges but they still worked fine. Transmission pan rust is a common problem with these trucks and mine has just started to rust. It needs to be replaced but its pretty cheap to get a new pan and gasket, just around $35. If you are looking for a truck to haul yourself, your wife, and your 6 kids in the back, this is the vehicle for you. Its a grade A grocery getter. If you are looking for something to work on yourself this is a great choice. lots of space in the engine bay for an air intake kit once you remove the stock air cleaner assembly. Roaring exhaust with a Borla cat back."

Highly satisfied with this car. very dependable

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, dependable, powerful"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Original owner, well maintained"