1998 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 976 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"

I have enjoyed this SUV

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I bought my 2000 durango right off the dealership floor with 26 miles on it. I have never had any major repairs needed in 100,000 miles and have made sure that oil changes and such are done on a regular basis. Love the room so versatile and can do just about anything except move a refrigerator. The seats fold down for a completely flat surface which works great for camping or the drive in. I would gladly purchase another Dodge!"

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Well Rounded Reliable Truck

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Soild as a rock, Reliability, Practicality"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought it with 110,000 miles 3 years ago now have 160,000. Cant be happier. The truck has done every thing i have ever asked and never left me stranded. I have had to replace most of the suspension components in the front end and a few coil packs but this would be typical of any newer vehicle over the 100,000 mile mark. Only other things are just routine maintenance. I am also super impressed with the very little amount of rust. there is 0 rust on the frame and the only rust on the body is on the lower part of the tailgate a common spot for these trucks. My Durango has tackled every challenge I have thrown at it. I have forged 2 feet of water in Hurricane Irene, driven through no joke snow up to the head lights with out getting stuck, gone through plenty of mud holes, Driven me and 6 other people on various occasions, moved my whole house, tows my 17' boat, and can cruse at 80 mph with no effort and still get 17-18 mpg. Some times I wish I had a pickup for more hauling practicality, and some times I wish I had a smaller car for when Im just driving to work and want better gas mileage. This is what makes the Durango perfect because it is big enough to be super practical and still small enough to actually parallel park with easy or make a u-turn in the street with out having to make a 8 point turn. If you just want all around good truck with good reliability and reasonable cost of ownership the Durango is perfect for you."