1998 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 946 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great SUV, but POOR GAS MILEAGE

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, Smooth Ride, Comfort, Rear Ac. Powerful"

Cons: "GAs Mileage Poor, Power WiD,"

"My Family Bought this S.U.V as a certified pre-owned in 2004 (had around 30k miles on it). To Us It has been a good car. Great car for us at the time, I was too young to drive and it carried all the family really comfortably. I am now driving it daily. Its a good car for around the town comfort and if you need to haul or tow small trailers. However it has some downsides. 1st off is the POOR GAS MILEAGE!!! I get about 10-14 city and 14-17hwy depending on traffic and things. Secondly is many of the luxury features will break with time( mainly things, Stereo speakers, and POWER WINDOW REGULATORS, Power seats).Also Alot of dodge vehicles are known to have transmission issues or differential issues. (IDK why but many people i have talked to have had their transmissions in dodge vehicles redone or replaced. However its has been reliable to us thus far (knocking on wood here). Personally I would Like to get something else with today's gas prices hovering between 3-4$/Gal But If your a Mother or someone that needs to haul people or things its a good car. I just don't really need these things being a 21 year old with no kids atm. Overall My family has been happy with the Durango and I Will continue to use it until I can afford a car payment."

I love this car best vehicle ever have

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"Excellent car"

Awesome 4x4

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, towing capacity, and comfort."

Cons: "fuel milage, it's a 4x4 AWD what do you expect."

"I'm the second owner and I bought this 2002 Dodge Durango RT w/ 56,000 miles on it in 2011, since then I've only have had to replace the spark plug wires and the plugs and rotor and distributor. This is the most comfortable vehicle that I've ever owned w/ all of the bells and whistles. Its been extremely reliable and fun to drive. Gas mileage is not it's forte but the ability to get around in the winter and up and down hills in the winter on snow or ice is an excellent trade off. Also the towining capacity is outstanding as I have pulled everything from a pop up tent trailer to a 26' rv all without any problems. I LOVE This SUV!!! I had never owned a Dodge before but I'm sold on them now and plan on being a life long customer."

I LOVE my Durango!

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Good condition in and out. 4WD runs perfect."

Cons: "High mileage. All local miles."

"We have driven this vehicle for 10 years. Oil changed like clockwork, new tires occassionally and fill it up. Runs great and still looks good. Only wear on the leather interior is on the drivers side seat from sliding out. Been the best vehicle I've owned! Retireing, relocating and downsizing or I'd keep it forever."

Very disappointing!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Have always taken good care of my vehicle as I paid over $30k for it. I expected some body issues as I live in Minnesota and we have a lot of salt on the roads in the winter. However, the engine has failed me terribly. There is not much in there that we did not replace or fix and the tranny is terrible. Now the fan is going, the AC has not worked in 2 years, because I don't feel like throwing even more money at it. For a 14 year old car with only 150,000 miles on it I could not be more disappointed in it's performance. I will NEVER buy a Dodge again nor will I ever suggest someone buy one!"