1998 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 960 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great SUV

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Strong, roomy, comfortable, easy to park"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"I bought my 2002 Durango used over a year ago. We bought it because we needed a 7 passenger vehicle and didn't want a mini van. Yes fuel mileage is low but you don't buy an SUV for fuel economy. With 5 kids me and my wife would have to take 2 cars if we wanted to go anywhere. So fuel economy wise it was cheaper to take the Durango. We went on 600 mile trip with all the kids fully loaded with camping gear and 2 huge roof top carriers. The 4.7 pulled nice and we averaged 16 mpg going 70mph try that in a minivan or ecnobox car. Just love this car, comfortable, powerful and not to big, easy to park. Make sure you replace the upper radiator hose as soon as you can and check the radiator for cracks after 10 years all plastic on any car starts to break down"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, looks, dependability"

Cons: "mpg"

"I bought my Durango used from a retired couple last fall. When I purchased it they gave me all the receipts and a maintenace log. I new it was well taken care of. I bought this truck to get thru the tough Northern Michigan winters. I quickly fell in love with it. The power and the way it cuts thru the snow is great. It is well worth the 12 mpg I get in it. I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Good solid truck, yet beautiful as a car"

"THE BEST Vehicle I've every owned. Looking for another. Roomy, comfortable, works great, great on gas, great in snow and sand. Love, love, love this vehicle!"

Best vehicle I own for snow!!

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "roomie for bunch of teens and traveling"

Cons: "gas hog!!"

"This durango's the best, most reliable car I own. Have owned for 8 yrs and had 68k miles. Have had to change rack, PS pump, shocks all around, cv shafts, brakes(obv)and battery. However, this is the BEST car for Maine winters! I let my teens drive it throughout winter season because I feel secure with them in it! I've owned jeeps, vans, trucks, and scoobie-doos and this BY FAR is the best in bad weather. Always starts and can control in bad conditions. My saftey net for my kids... Bad on gas but saftey first"

Bestest Car in the World

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "sturdy, safe, roomy, attractive, reliable"

"I have had my Durango for 13 years, bought right off the lot. I never keep things, I'm always onto the newest thing, leaving the old things behind. This car is so wonderful and perfect, I have it still. It is sturdy, tall, big but amazingly compact at the same time, feels like high quality materials (not cheap materials) were used to build it, strong (can pull anything and get you unstuck easily), and is extremely safe for my beautiful kiddos and dog to ride in. I have hit a moose in Alaska and we felt nothing (killed the moose). I have hit a deer in Missouri going 65...felt just a bump! Damage to the front each time...yes...damage to myself and my kids...nothing! We are travelers and have gone all over the United States in this car...you can live in it because it is so roomy, and you can move a TON of things at once in it! If only other things in life were built for any and all purposes and to last like the 2002 Dodge Durango!!! Sigh..."