2015 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,481 - $16,814.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within the U.S.

10/7.2

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car! Great deal!

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "Sporty look, quick acceleration, MPG up to 40"

Cons: "Jumpy downshift, blind spots, rattling noises"

"I have had my 2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye for 4 months now and I have to say I really enjoy the ride. I bought the show room model so it looks great with the sporty wheels, white full body pin-striping, and striped interior seats. I do a lot of highway driving for work and I average 35-40 per gallon straight highway. Around town is not as good on gas but not bad since gas prices have fallen. It handles the road and corners very well with exceptional pick-up. The downshift seems a bit jumpy at times, and there seems to be more blind spots then I would have expected. The clarity of the back-up camera is pretty grainy at night, but with the 8.4" screen it's tolerable, daytime the camera clarity is perfect. The features of the car are great, and the steering wheel controls for the stereo and blue tooth are very easy to use along with the voice control. You never have to take your hands off the wheel unless you chose to use the touch screen. There seems to be some rattling in the drivers side door and rear passenger door, but passengers in the car say they don't hear anything. Overall a great car, drives very well and I get a lot of comments on it. When you accelerate it sounds like there is a hemi under the hood which makes other drivers on the road look my way, it's quite funny at times. I live in the north and as winter is fast approaching and predictions for a lot of snow and/or ice I hope it handles well in bad weather conditions....we'll see."

Great start to the new Dodge BEST car 20000.00

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive love the excust sounds good."

Cons: "Get the GT it has headed mirrors"

"This Dart has loads of standard eguipment great driving car. This car does better on gas then what others say theirs will do."

Dodge Dart FTW!

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Great Interior, Economical, SAFE"

Cons: "Hurricane 2.0L and AWD would make it even better"

"I purchased my '14 Dart SXT Rallye while I was actually deployed to Kuwait via Overseas Military Car Sales (OMCS). I ordered all the features, which are: Rallye Appearance Package, 6-speed manual transmission, Sun & Sound Group (express sunroof, 8.4" UConnect touch-screen head unit, 506-watt Alpine 9-speaker [one is a sub in the trunk] sound system, True Blue Pearl exterior paint with Black & Tungsten interior... anyways, for just a bit over $21,000 INCLUDING tax, title, registration, destination charge, and finance fees figured in (the fee calculated from interest on the load), I have a richly-featured, safe (10 airbags!; great crash test scores), sporty, good-looking, and economically compact/midsize. I saw that because Dodge classifies it a compact but the EPA rates it a midsize because of interior volume. I get about 24 mpg pure city and 37-39 mpg highway depending on speed, grades, and traffic flow. This nets me around 27-29 mpg combined, so I actually BEAT what the EPA rates this car. That's not just granny driving either; I have fun with the car and get on it all the time. The difference is I do a lot of neutral coasting, not flying up to red lights and not tailgating (ride brakes), shift generally at lower engine speeds, etc. I love my Dart so much, and still I love it more every day after every drive! I will say though that Dart SRT is coming in 2016 or 2017 and will be a true grand slam for car/driving enthusiasts, with a turbo I-4 and AWD. Oh and to end, it's been completely trouble-free ~4800 miles thus far."

DONT TOUCH MY DART

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT ON GAS, SPORTY"

Cons: "WISH THERE WAS ALITTLE MORE SPACE IN THE BACK SEAT"

"I MUST SAY I LOVE MY DART GT. I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED AND COULD WANT IN THIS CAR, SUNROOF, SIRIUS, LEATHER AND MORE. THE PRICE WAS EXCELLENT FOR ALL OF THE FEATURES I HAVE. DISAPPOINTED IN EXPERT REVIEWS, I DONT FEEL A LOT OF THE REVIEWS FROM EXPERTS ARE TRUE. I HAVE GREAT MPG CITY/ HWY - HAVENT REACHED THE MAX AMOUNT YET THOUGH! WHAT I WOULD LIKE THOUGH IS ALITTLE MORE HORSEPOWER AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOME OF THE GT/ LIMITED MODELS HAVE A DIFFERENT EXTERIOR COLOR THAN RED BUT THE INSIDE IS LINED WITH RED. LUCKY FOR ME MY DART COLOR IS REDLINE RED SO IT MATCHES THE INTERIOR PERFECT. I ALSO FOUND OUT WITH MY FIRST OIL CHANGE THE CAR ONLY USES FULL SYNTHETIC OIL ...THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME ONLY BECAUSE 1) NOT RICH AND 2) NOT LIKE I HAVE A TURBO. I LOVE THE YOUNG SPORTY FEEL, CARS QUIET, ALL THE TECHNICAL STUFF..CAR IS ROOMY BUT IF YOU LIKE 6'0 AND ABOVE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SCOOT DOWN A LITTLE."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Has everything, fun to drive."

"This car is wonderful to drive. I have the 6 speed manual 1.4L 2013 limited. It gets great gas mileage. I average at 28mpg city. This car has literally everything i could ask for, steering wheel controls, USB plug, bluetooth, navigation.To name just a few of the options in the car. I'm so happy with my new dodge dart!!! :)"

best car for the money

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "absolute great car, fun to drive,"

"Fun to drive, handles great and amazing fuel mileage"

Nice, comfortable drive.....BUT...

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfortable interior, cute car"

Cons: "very noisy, lots of rattling noises"

"I really like my Dart except that I have found the car to have a lot of rattling noises. For example, at the driver's side window, it's a buzzing sound like a fly buzzing in a window. Somewhere in the dash on the passenger side, there is a different rattling sound. On the passenger side in the door area, yet a different rattling noise. And when I am at freeway speed, there is something on the passenger side on the outside that constantly sounds like a flapping sound. It reminds me of the sound a flag would make if it were flapping in the wind. I have had the car back to the service department three times with no success. The car is a great ride, but these noises bother me to the extent that it sort of ruins the experience of driving my new car. This is a 2013 model I purchased at the end of 2013. Less than 11,000 miles on it."

So far, it's an excellent car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Spacious interior, sporty handling and good mpg"

Cons: "None thus far"

"I don't understand all the negative press from the "experts" in the auto media over the Dodge Dart. I personally find it to be a great vehicle that not only looks good, but drives good too. I purchased the 2014 Limited back in April and 6,000 miles in, I really have no problems to report. There's a slight rattle in the dash, but it comes and goes and can be remedied. Other than that, so far so good. I am also getting approx. 30 mpg combined (I do a lot of highway driving) and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L engine. That's a far cry from the reviews I have read where drivers were reporting much lower combined numbers. The interior is fantastic for a car in this price range. Comfortable Nappa leather seats, the 8.4" UConnect touchscreen system with Navigation by Garmin, dual zone climate, heated front seats and steering wheel, and a 9-speaker, 500-watt sound system are all things you'd find on a higher-end car. Add in the back-up camera with rear park assist, blind spot detection and a power sunroof and the Dart has just about all the bells and whistles one could want for a very decent price. Again, so far I am very pleased with this car. Dodge has been promoting the car more recently and I have seen more on the road, so hopefully people start to realize that there are other options aside from the cars the "experts" all say we should be buying such as the Focus, Civic and Corolla."

Awesome midsize!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Manual, Fun to drive, Turbo, Customizable, COOL!"

Cons: "Turbo lag at low RPM, Could use more HP!"

"This car is awesome! If you can drive a stick, get it! So much fun to drive. The features are endless."

Pleasantly surprised by the Dart

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice-driving, quiet, good value for the price"

Cons: "The clutch engages a little high"

"After reading so many media reviews that bum-rapped the Dodge Dart for weight, economy, or a multitude of reasons and many of them calling it an almost competitor; then reading how wonderful the Ford Focus was, I fully expected to be disappointed when I test drove my first Dart. Actually, I was surprised at how nice it was. But..the Ford dealer was on the other side of the parking lot so off I went, thinking if the professional reviewers think this is not that good, the Focus is really going to be something. It was. It was disappointing. Compared to the Dart, the Focus was noisier, lacked steering "feel", had a "rubber" shift linkage ( manual trans) and the ride wasn't as smooth. I bought a SXT Rallye with a nice 6 speed manual trans, and 8.4 UConnect. For under $20K I got a car that rides comfortably and quietly, has decent room and pretty sporty handling with good steering feel, gets 35 MPG on the interstate, exhibits quality construction and hasn't had a problem in 3 months / 6000 miles. It's also a good looking car. I'm glad I bought it. I really wonder about the automotive journalists......?"