2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,240 - $16,635.

10/7.3

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love the car. Found a new family in it.

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks, mileage, car community, fun, projectors"

Cons: "short first gear, better tires from factory"

Third from the left is mine. Group photo :) Love the track lights!

"I write this review as I have exactly 10,000 miles on my car right now. I have the 2013 2.0 manual Sxt special edition. I don't have all the tech, but I still LOVE THIS CAR! I love the gas mileage, love the looks, and love the way it drives. After a while I found a local car group in Ohio called Darts of Ohio on facebook/instagram/etc. Full of people that love their car just as much as I do. Not only were they some great people, they all help out to figure out anyone's problems they may have, but keeping focused on the car. It's a first year car ladies and gentlemen. It's going to have some problems they need to figure out. I have had a couple issues, like the gas door not laying flush and some have reported it freezing. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it right away. This car is much more than I thought it ever could be. Which in reality, they don't know that much. Don't listen to some of the bad reviews. If you want the best looking car in it's class, and want something that has character and a car you can truly fall in love with, without breaking the bank, then this car is for you. The drive is good, quite, and comfortable. For a 4 cylinder this car's exhaust note is superb. The 1.4t has the best sound but you can also get a turbo in the aero in 2014. A black top is a must buy for 2014. The wheels alone cost a fortune from the dealer, but you can get the black top package for a couple hundred dollars more than a regular sxt. The only things that aren't so great are first gear (manual) is pretty short. You could start in second no problem, and the factory tires on the 2013 darts were terrible. Known for bubbling after hitting large pot holes. Many of us dart owners have gotten free replacements, but complain to your dealers. Don't be that person that has the same car everyone else has. Wouldn't trade my car for anything right now."

Third from the left is mine. Group photo :) Love the track lights!

Very nice car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "technology, styling"

Cons: "The GT version needs more horsepower"

"I purchased this dodge dart gt over a month ago. I have been very satisfied so far. The interior is awesome and I really like the styling of the car. Gas could be better I get 29mpg running around and 33mpg on the highway, even though its the most fuel efficient car I have ever owned, there are many more in its class that gets better. Handling is terrific with the performance suspension and the sport tuned exhaust sounds great. Engine power is more than adequate with the 184 HP tigershark motor but this is where my only complaint occurs. Even though the motor carries this car with ease, this is supposed to be their performance model. With that said this engine should be pushing 250 to 300 HP instead of 184 HP. Even the 283 HP pentastar V-6 would have made this a true performance car. But overall this is a great car loaded with technology that performs very adequately."

A few flaws, but overall pretty solid

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"My wife and I just purchased this,a couple of weeks back. It is a 2014 2.4 'dark blue' SXT 6 speed auto.trans. It had 62 miles on it,and you could tell it was beat on. We got a great deal on it though.. It has a few paint chips and scratches,and the drivers door alignment needs attention. I'am an ASE master auto tech,that has 36+ years experiance.I think the engine compartment 'does-not'have sufficant airflow thru it,and I have told 2 people at the dealership about my concerns about it being to hot under the hood. I have fabricated and built numerous race/and European sports cars for a living,and have always been a Mopar guy.. I did come up with some ideas to improve this problem,and addressed it to them also.. Also requested them to have a Chrysler rep contact me.. If they don't fix this problem,I think componants are eventually going to fail down the road because of this.. It drives nice,and is quick and comfortable.We have gotten 39.3 mpg already on the highway,doing about 62mph.I think once it breaks in, say another 2k or so, I think we could see over 40mpg.."

Very Impressive

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, overall feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "No auto locks, trunk/gas cap open only on inside"

"My family (including myself) have owned many Dodge vehicles. Many of those Dodges have been middle of the road buys at best. So I was skeptical when I saw the Dart. But after reading the reviews and seeing it, I went for a test drive and was enthralled. I traded in my 2010 Dodge Caliber (definition of middle of the road, serviceable and utility driven, but definitely not high quality). The Dart has admirable gas mileage, you will find better out there but definitely much worse. It is better than advertised, I drive the 6 speed manual and have gotten 40 per gallon before on the highway. I drive a lot of city and highway combined and average 33. The interior is the most comfortable of the mid range buys I have seen. It feels very tight through turns and curves (common in PA) which I love. Very modern interior, I think great looking, and so far feeling like a high quality buy. Back seat is a little crammed if you drive with a car full often. Base model has no auto locks (crazy for 2013/2014) and you cannot open the trunk or the gas tank hatch except from inside the driver seat with buttons (no key port or hatch for trunk), which I found odd. Other than those minor flaws, this Dodge is a great buy so far, especially in the 6-speed manual. I would highly recommend it."

Terrible Transmission

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "It is a car, sometimes you can even drive it"

Cons: "Lots of time in the shop"

"I purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart on June 29, 2013. Within the first 5000 miles I experienced 3 transmission failures. My car was out of service for a total of 126 days. For 98 of those days I was provided with no alternate means of transportation. When the transmission failed the third time Chrysler refused to service the car and forced me to take them to court before they would agree to fix the car, causing me to miss work and forcing me to hire an attorney. It is my opinion that Dodge clearly does not care about its customers and that this car is garbage."