2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,693 - $16,311.

10/7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

I would not recommend the Dodge Dart GT limited

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "nice looking and comfortable"

Cons: "cannot fix"

"I have not had anything but problems. First the battery light with chimes keeps coming on with chimes, the radio goes on at will, the auto door locks click on and off while driving and the RPM's go crazy. Will climb up to 1900 and the car surges. These all happen at the car's will they cannot be duplicated at my will. Not safe with snow and ice covered roads. It has been in 4 times and they cannot seem to find the problem. Always say cannot duplicate problem car works as designed. Seems like the technology is far above the mechanics ability to work on. I am thinking about the lemon law at this point."

Best Car for the Price!!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Fuel Efficient"

Cons: "Turbo Lag, A little small"

"Had the car a couple of days now. Almost fully loaded for 19k!!! Great buy, great mpg!! I have averaged 42 on the highway!! Love this car I have the 1.4L Turbo and its fast and fun!!! I wish there was less turbo lag but as soon as the turbo gets going the car takes off!"

fantastic car

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "best overall package for the money"

"I owned a limited for one week before being in a bad accident-it was totaled. I can attest it is very safe! the airbags and assistive headrest were amazing. Replaced with identical car. The 1.4 turbo-manual transmission. the most fun I have had in a car in years! Great power and handling; great interior. It is a perfect blend of great gas mileage (29-30 with 80% city driving) and enough power to still be fast and fun."

Best car i've ever owned!

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Best car for the money,Fun to drive,Great MPG"

Cons: "None Yet"

"I got the Rallye Edition(loaded)looks and runs great I've had it for two months now and completely love it. It handles great and has good get up and go when you need. I spend about 3 hrs a day in it and the interior is roomy and very comfortable, that and the gadgets make me not loathe the drive. I'm averaging 34 MPG mostly highway but in town included in that(gets better if you keep it under 70 but that's not easy). Best car I've ever owned so far."

Very nice car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "technology, styling"

Cons: "The GT version needs more horsepower"

"I purchased this dodge dart gt over a month ago. I have been very satisfied so far. The interior is awesome and I really like the styling of the car. Gas could be better I get 29mpg running around and 33mpg on the highway, even though its the most fuel efficient car I have ever owned, there are many more in its class that gets better. Handling is terrific with the performance suspension and the sport tuned exhaust sounds great. Engine power is more than adequate with the 184 HP tigershark motor but this is where my only complaint occurs. Even though the motor carries this car with ease, this is supposed to be their performance model. With that said this engine should be pushing 250 to 300 HP instead of 184 HP. Even the 283 HP pentastar V-6 would have made this a true performance car. But overall this is a great car loaded with technology that performs very adequately."

Very Impressive

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, overall feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "No auto locks, trunk/gas cap open only on inside"

"My family (including myself) have owned many Dodge vehicles. Many of those Dodges have been middle of the road buys at best. So I was skeptical when I saw the Dart. But after reading the reviews and seeing it, I went for a test drive and was enthralled. I traded in my 2010 Dodge Caliber (definition of middle of the road, serviceable and utility driven, but definitely not high quality). The Dart has admirable gas mileage, you will find better out there but definitely much worse. It is better than advertised, I drive the 6 speed manual and have gotten 40 per gallon before on the highway. I drive a lot of city and highway combined and average 33. The interior is the most comfortable of the mid range buys I have seen. It feels very tight through turns and curves (common in PA) which I love. Very modern interior, I think great looking, and so far feeling like a high quality buy. Back seat is a little crammed if you drive with a car full often. Base model has no auto locks (crazy for 2013/2014) and you cannot open the trunk or the gas tank hatch except from inside the driver seat with buttons (no key port or hatch for trunk), which I found odd. Other than those minor flaws, this Dodge is a great buy so far, especially in the 6-speed manual. I would highly recommend it."

Best compact vehicle!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, power, Interior/exterior, MPGs, comfort"

Cons: "Turbo lag"

Best looking car in my neighborhood!

"I own the Dart Rallye 1.4L turbo with a manual transmission. I get about 40 MPG highway, and 27 city. It has a bit of a sporty side once the turbo spools, pushing you into your seat under hard acceleration. A simple installation of a CAI lets you hear the turbo's recirc valve, which is amazing! The warranty is also great! The interior is quite brilliant as well. The glovebox is HUGE! Has a great compartment on the ceiling for sunglasses, little compartments on each side of the center dash, a lit central compartment, lit cup holders and a decent sized arm rest storage. While a lot of parts are plastic, they seem pretty solid and durable. The seats are extremely comfortable and fits 4 grown men like me (5'11") comfortably. The trunk is pretty big as well, no wasted space on this car! This car has more character than any of the other economy vehicles I drove! If you're in the market for an economic vehicle and do not want a souless car, then the Dodge Dart is right for you!"

Best looking car in my neighborhood!

Great Fun! Larger than the competition.

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Powertrain, Fun to drive, Very Roomy"

Cons: "Analog Speedometer is hard to read"

"I've owned a Dart Rallye (1.4T with Dry Dual Clutch) for about 2 months and the car is flat out amazing. The Turbocharged 1.4 packs a real punch above 2000 rpm. True the car is heavier but the Dart is really a midsize sedan posing as a compact. I found the interior dimensions and quality to be on par with both the "midsize" Chevy Malibu and the Kia Optima sedans. The DDCT transmission does a wonderful job of fooling you into thinking its a regular old automatic. The only time you really notice the difference is when pushing the car hard in auto mode, when you let off the gas the revs hold longer than a traditional auto. Put it into manual shift mode and it changes personality entirely. Shifts are wicked fast and the throttle is very responsive. I cross-shopped the Ford Focus, 2013 Chevy Malibu, Chevy Cruze and Kia Optima and between all of them, the Dart's Uconnect touch screen/interface was hands down the best best of the bunch. It doesn't force you to do climate controls solely through the touch screen (though you can). It retains simple, traditional fan speed, thermostat, and audio knobs and controls for ease of usage. I Got my dart absolute loaded and for $24k the interior quality, amount content, performance, and space you get is hands down the better value over those cars I mentioned above."

In love with my Dart!

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Great value, feels much more expensive than it is."

Cons: "Poor rear-view visibility."

"I've been stalking the Dart from the beginning and as soon as I could I placed an order for exactly the dart I wanted. The dealer messed up and missed a couple of items, so I flew halfway across the country and drive it 1400 miles home. I've enjoyed every moment of owning this car. The 6 Speed manual is fun. The 1.4L MultiAir has plenty of kick. I enjoy all of the nice little features like the HUGE screen, backup camera, intuitive navigation and audio controls, etc. The leather seats are the nicest leather I've had in a vehicle in quite a while. When I drive my Dart around I don't feel like I'm driving an economy car. It handles like a sporty little car with mid-size high end features. Highly recommend, but skip the 2.0L engine and MUST have all the gadgets."

Fantastic!

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good size, GREAT mpg"

Cons: "Not all cars have full led tail lights"

"Got the Dodge Dart not because I NEEDED a new car, but because it caught my attention. Love how it handles and feels when I drive it as well as how it looks! Love the blu tooth and MP3 capabilites, as well as the mood lighting. All the small touches make owning my Dart exciting. Love it!"