2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,223 - $16,624.

10/7.3

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

A few flaws, but overall pretty solid

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"My wife and I just purchased this,a couple of weeks back. It is a 2014 2.4 'dark blue' SXT 6 speed auto.trans. It had 62 miles on it,and you could tell it was beat on. We got a great deal on it though.. It has a few paint chips and scratches,and the drivers door alignment needs attention. I'am an ASE master auto tech,that has 36+ years experiance.I think the engine compartment 'does-not'have sufficant airflow thru it,and I have told 2 people at the dealership about my concerns about it being to hot under the hood. I have fabricated and built numerous race/and European sports cars for a living,and have always been a Mopar guy.. I did come up with some ideas to improve this problem,and addressed it to them also.. Also requested them to have a Chrysler rep contact me.. If they don't fix this problem,I think componants are eventually going to fail down the road because of this.. It drives nice,and is quick and comfortable.We have gotten 39.3 mpg already on the highway,doing about 62mph.I think once it breaks in, say another 2k or so, I think we could see over 40mpg.."

Very Impressive

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, overall feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "No auto locks, trunk/gas cap open only on inside"

"My family (including myself) have owned many Dodge vehicles. Many of those Dodges have been middle of the road buys at best. So I was skeptical when I saw the Dart. But after reading the reviews and seeing it, I went for a test drive and was enthralled. I traded in my 2010 Dodge Caliber (definition of middle of the road, serviceable and utility driven, but definitely not high quality). The Dart has admirable gas mileage, you will find better out there but definitely much worse. It is better than advertised, I drive the 6 speed manual and have gotten 40 per gallon before on the highway. I drive a lot of city and highway combined and average 33. The interior is the most comfortable of the mid range buys I have seen. It feels very tight through turns and curves (common in PA) which I love. Very modern interior, I think great looking, and so far feeling like a high quality buy. Back seat is a little crammed if you drive with a car full often. Base model has no auto locks (crazy for 2013/2014) and you cannot open the trunk or the gas tank hatch except from inside the driver seat with buttons (no key port or hatch for trunk), which I found odd. Other than those minor flaws, this Dodge is a great buy so far, especially in the 6-speed manual. I would highly recommend it."

Terrible Transmission

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "It is a car, sometimes you can even drive it"

Cons: "Lots of time in the shop"

"I purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart on June 29, 2013. Within the first 5000 miles I experienced 3 transmission failures. My car was out of service for a total of 126 days. For 98 of those days I was provided with no alternate means of transportation. When the transmission failed the third time Chrysler refused to service the car and forced me to take them to court before they would agree to fix the car, causing me to miss work and forcing me to hire an attorney. It is my opinion that Dodge clearly does not care about its customers and that this car is garbage."

A size I am comfortable in.

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, tech stuff,comfortable ride."

Cons: "None at this point"

"So far this has been a great experience. The limited I purchased had all that I needed for bells and whistles. Even the Stock stero is one of the best I have heard. It is intuitive in its tech stuff. I was impressed on how I felt entering the vehicle. It is much more expensive looking inside than other vehicles I checked out. The front seats are very comfortable and all the people who have sat in the passangers side say the same. The 2.4 is the ticket for a blend of power and fuel economy. I was surprised by its ability to merge and cruise. I am enjoying this choice."

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"handles great. love the looks. ride is smooth. have all features standard on car. gas mileage better than I thought on 40 mpg. Its fast, power and fuel efficient."

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

Don't Waste Your Money!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "No reliability-6 months old and falling apart"

"This car has been in the shop more than I have been driving it. The first month the tire blew, the electrical has a mind of it's own, I was broke down with my engine overheated and needed a tow to the dealership, faulty thermostat, and deteriorated hoses. I wanted a reliable car after my son was born and I have been dissapointed since I bought it new in October 2013. I wish I had kept my ten-year old more reliable Honda Civic. Now I am stuck with a car that may or may not break down. Only positive is the interior is well-made and I like the look of it."

one of the best cars

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "has it all"

"it is my first DODGE car.This car is excellent and for the moment,(almost a year) NO PROBLEMS.I really enjoy to drive it, the fuel economy is excellent(i got 32 miles/gln average,city and HWY.I am really happy. i have also a Mercedes Ml 350 but the last year,i use the Dart Most of the times."

Non-stop problems

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG (when it goes), fun to drive (when it drives)"

Cons: "unreliable, constantly broken, expensive repairs"

"Here's a quick list for our SXT 1.4T manual: I had to replace the blower moter at 8500 (it was making a very loud noise). At 28k the clutch pedal had been sticking occasionally (dealership just greased it and gave it back) and the fuel gauge stopped working occasionally (they ordered a new computer). The car was chugging, sputtering, and losing power randomly at various RPMs, couldn't get the dealership to recreate it, they suggested that the 30k service was due. Performed 30k service, including spark plugs (used Denso plugs - gapped correctly). At 35k sputtering and shuttering got worse, car would skip when shifting. At 38k the dealership suggested we had "bad plugs" but wouldn't tell me what was bad other than "non-GKN/Mopar" so I bought the GKN plugs (which they wanted to charge me $350 to replace 4 plugs) and put those in, the problem continued but was not as bad. We took it to another dealership and they cleared a misfire code and couldn't find the problem. In the middle of this, the car broke down and stranded us in Vermont in the middle of the night. Their next attempt was to replace the computer finally, but that didn't fix it. Two dealerships later and 4 visits later, the final dealership we tried (on their 3rd attempt) finally got it to misfire for them, they replaced a coil-pack. This was at 46k. We dealt with this issue from 28k to 46k...it has been very difficult. Meanwhile, the gas door has also been stuck everytime it's below 30F outside, and the motor that releases the door lever just died on us. To get gas, you have to pop the trunk, pull back the carpet on that side and reach your hand behind it to pull a little yellow cable then with your other hand pull on the gas door. The door lock buttons on the driver side door also just stopped working. The clutch pedal still sticks all the time and if you drive on rough roads, the wheels bend. I just hit a pothole, which destroyed a wheel and tire simultaneously. I'm in the process of trying to get that replaced now. Supposedly two of the other wheels are "slightly" bent too. If you try to contact Dodge directly they tell you to go talk to a dealership. Most of the dealerships I've been to are swindlers that have no interest in helping you or even talking about your warranty. I found one good one, one. I'm trying to work with them now, but they're an hour from my house, so that's fun when your car barely drives. We are very unhappy with this car and Dodge in general at this point."

Great On Fuel

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, Gas, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Fabric Seats, noisy interior"

By the lake near Mt Shasta Ca, Dec 2013

"Seats do not fit everyone but has a lot of front leg room, trunk space is ok. Head room is good. Much nicer interior than the Toyota Corolla by far! Sporty sexy looking."

By the lake near Mt Shasta Ca, Dec 2013