2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,089 - $16,404.

10/7.3

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Pleasantly surprised by the Dart

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice-driving, quiet, good value for the price"

Cons: "The clutch engages a little high"

"After reading so many media reviews that bum-rapped the Dodge Dart for weight, economy, or a multitude of reasons and many of them calling it an almost competitor; then reading how wonderful the Ford Focus was, I fully expected to be disappointed when I test drove my first Dart. Actually, I was surprised at how nice it was. But..the Ford dealer was on the other side of the parking lot so off I went, thinking if the professional reviewers think this is not that good, the Focus is really going to be something. It was. It was disappointing. Compared to the Dart, the Focus was noisier, lacked steering "feel", had a "rubber" shift linkage ( manual trans) and the ride wasn't as smooth. I bought a SXT Rallye with a nice 6 speed manual trans, and 8.4 UConnect. For under $20K I got a car that rides comfortably and quietly, has decent room and pretty sporty handling with good steering feel, gets 35 MPG on the interstate, exhibits quality construction and hasn't had a problem in 3 months / 6000 miles. It's also a good looking car. I'm glad I bought it. I really wonder about the automotive journalists......?"

looks small on the outside but much bigger inside!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great price,great handling,nice interior"

Cons: "Needs SRT version with either V6 option or turbo 2."

"Arrived at dealer wanting a 2014 Charger but wasn't impressed unless it was a fully loaded SRT but wasn't going to drop 40K and base model just didn't do it for me! So I looked off in the distance kind of let down and then I noticed this 2014 Dart and it was sharp! So I decided on a test drive and I really enjoyed it and purchased one and almost a month later I couldn't be more happy with everything this car has to offer! It's a fully loaded GT and really stands out!"

the best driving car in its class

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive handels very well"

Cons: "it neds more power"

"this is the best cars i have driven lots of good options good gas mileage very wheal made drives outstanding my only compllant is it neads more power"

Absolutely love this car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, comfortable on road"

Cons: "n/a"

"Shopped around comparing other vehicles before purchasing this one. It was the best decision by far. Very sharp, sporty, has all the whistles and bells. Far better gas mileage then expected."

Best Loved Car in America!

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, 40 mpg, USB/aux/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Base Aero model needs better speakers!"

"There must be a bias against Chrysler/Dodge in the auto critic industry. Dodge Dart, as well as the Challenger and Charger all topped the JD Power list of Best Loved Cars in America-2014. So actually owning and driving the car is a very different experience than complaining that it doesn't top BMW. I can buy three of these for a BMW! I test drove almost every car in its class and the Dart 1.4 Turbo was by far the most fun to drive and had the best feel for handling. I picked up the 1.4 turbo Aero model for a daily commuter/future kid car. I admit I prefer manual transmission for the feel of driving. It has been a great car both on commute and very comfortable on long road trips. I routinely beat the sticker in hwy mileage, often getting 43-45 on trips and I generally average over 35 mpg average. The car is clean-looking with the all-round rear LED lights. The 1.4L won't win a drag race, but the turbo pick-up on the freeway is impressive even with four passengers. It also handles great on a curvy road. I do buy the premium gas to get best mileage. The math works out for me based on mpg/dollar spent. Also, the uconnect entertainment system, even on the stripper version I have, works flawlessly on its own and with my smartphone. I can stream Pandora over Bluetooth with my phone. Hands free texting, voice, and all the music I want by phone or USB. Who needs satellite radio?"