2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,604 - $21,087.

10/7.3

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

best car for the money

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "absolute great car, fun to drive,"

"Fun to drive, handles great and amazing fuel mileage"

Nice, comfortable drive.....BUT...

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfortable interior, cute car"

Cons: "very noisy, lots of rattling noises"

"I really like my Dart except that I have found the car to have a lot of rattling noises. For example, at the driver's side window, it's a buzzing sound like a fly buzzing in a window. Somewhere in the dash on the passenger side, there is a different rattling sound. On the passenger side in the door area, yet a different rattling noise. And when I am at freeway speed, there is something on the passenger side on the outside that constantly sounds like a flapping sound. It reminds me of the sound a flag would make if it were flapping in the wind. I have had the car back to the service department three times with no success. The car is a great ride, but these noises bother me to the extent that it sort of ruins the experience of driving my new car. This is a 2013 model I purchased at the end of 2013. Less than 11,000 miles on it."

So far, it's an excellent car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Spacious interior, sporty handling and good mpg"

Cons: "None thus far"

"I don't understand all the negative press from the "experts" in the auto media over the Dodge Dart. I personally find it to be a great vehicle that not only looks good, but drives good too. I purchased the 2014 Limited back in April and 6,000 miles in, I really have no problems to report. There's a slight rattle in the dash, but it comes and goes and can be remedied. Other than that, so far so good. I am also getting approx. 30 mpg combined (I do a lot of highway driving) and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L engine. That's a far cry from the reviews I have read where drivers were reporting much lower combined numbers. The interior is fantastic for a car in this price range. Comfortable Nappa leather seats, the 8.4" UConnect touchscreen system with Navigation by Garmin, dual zone climate, heated front seats and steering wheel, and a 9-speaker, 500-watt sound system are all things you'd find on a higher-end car. Add in the back-up camera with rear park assist, blind spot detection and a power sunroof and the Dart has just about all the bells and whistles one could want for a very decent price. Again, so far I am very pleased with this car. Dodge has been promoting the car more recently and I have seen more on the road, so hopefully people start to realize that there are other options aside from the cars the "experts" all say we should be buying such as the Focus, Civic and Corolla."

Awesome midsize!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Manual, Fun to drive, Turbo, Customizable, COOL!"

Cons: "Turbo lag at low RPM, Could use more HP!"

"This car is awesome! If you can drive a stick, get it! So much fun to drive. The features are endless."

Pleasantly surprised by the Dart

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice-driving, quiet, good value for the price"

Cons: "The clutch engages a little high"

"After reading so many media reviews that bum-rapped the Dodge Dart for weight, economy, or a multitude of reasons and many of them calling it an almost competitor; then reading how wonderful the Ford Focus was, I fully expected to be disappointed when I test drove my first Dart. Actually, I was surprised at how nice it was. But..the Ford dealer was on the other side of the parking lot so off I went, thinking if the professional reviewers think this is not that good, the Focus is really going to be something. It was. It was disappointing. Compared to the Dart, the Focus was noisier, lacked steering "feel", had a "rubber" shift linkage ( manual trans) and the ride wasn't as smooth. I bought a SXT Rallye with a nice 6 speed manual trans, and 8.4 UConnect. For under $20K I got a car that rides comfortably and quietly, has decent room and pretty sporty handling with good steering feel, gets 35 MPG on the interstate, exhibits quality construction and hasn't had a problem in 3 months / 6000 miles. It's also a good looking car. I'm glad I bought it. I really wonder about the automotive journalists......?"

looks small on the outside but much bigger inside!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great price,great handling,nice interior"

Cons: "Needs SRT version with either V6 option or turbo 2."

"Arrived at dealer wanting a 2014 Charger but wasn't impressed unless it was a fully loaded SRT but wasn't going to drop 40K and base model just didn't do it for me! So I looked off in the distance kind of let down and then I noticed this 2014 Dart and it was sharp! So I decided on a test drive and I really enjoyed it and purchased one and almost a month later I couldn't be more happy with everything this car has to offer! It's a fully loaded GT and really stands out!"

the best driving car in its class

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive handels very well"

Cons: "it neds more power"

"this is the best cars i have driven lots of good options good gas mileage very wheal made drives outstanding my only compllant is it neads more power"

Absolutely love this car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, comfortable on road"

Cons: "n/a"

"Shopped around comparing other vehicles before purchasing this one. It was the best decision by far. Very sharp, sporty, has all the whistles and bells. Far better gas mileage then expected."

Best Loved Car in America!

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, 40 mpg, USB/aux/Bluetooth"

Cons: "Base Aero model needs better speakers!"

"There must be a bias against Chrysler/Dodge in the auto critic industry. Dodge Dart, as well as the Challenger and Charger all topped the JD Power list of Best Loved Cars in America-2014. So actually owning and driving the car is a very different experience than complaining that it doesn't top BMW. I can buy three of these for a BMW! I test drove almost every car in its class and the Dart 1.4 Turbo was by far the most fun to drive and had the best feel for handling. I picked up the 1.4 turbo Aero model for a daily commuter/future kid car. I admit I prefer manual transmission for the feel of driving. It has been a great car both on commute and very comfortable on long road trips. I routinely beat the sticker in hwy mileage, often getting 43-45 on trips and I generally average over 35 mpg average. The car is clean-looking with the all-round rear LED lights. The 1.4L won't win a drag race, but the turbo pick-up on the freeway is impressive even with four passengers. It also handles great on a curvy road. I do buy the premium gas to get best mileage. The math works out for me based on mpg/dollar spent. Also, the uconnect entertainment system, even on the stripper version I have, works flawlessly on its own and with my smartphone. I can stream Pandora over Bluetooth with my phone. Hands free texting, voice, and all the music I want by phone or USB. Who needs satellite radio?"

Handles like a dream!!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, smooth, handles great"

Cons: "Cruise control isnt standard"

"I've had my Dart for over a year and I absolutely love it. I do a lot of traveling for work and the car is very smooth, comfortable, fun to drive, and handles like a dream around corners. Not to mention I average between 35-40 mpg. My only disappointment was that cruise control wasn't standard but I bought a kit for $300 and installed it. Wonderful car!"

Great value

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "packed with great technology!"

Cons: "weak throttle response at low RPMs"

"Throttle response at low RPMs is weak on the 1.4L turbo, but overall this is a great car. The MPG average has really shot up after break in of about 6K miles. I'm now up to 37 MPG average."

Excellent car for the price

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, Fun to drive, Excellent handeling"

Cons: "Have to buy high $$ fuel for turbo"

"I should start by noting that my wife and I each own one. Both of the Rallye variety, hers sports the 1.4 liter, while mine has a 2.0. This being said, this car is just awesome! My 2.0 averages 38 MPG. However, I am not a big fan of her turbo. It definitely has power, but you MUST purchase expensive high octane fuel for it, which pretty much nullifies its higher MPG. Either way, we can still drive more, and have alot of fun doing it! No problems to report!"

Head Turning Car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"I bought this car in June 2013, So I have put 25,000 miles on it in one year! I love driving this and with the good gas mileage we take it everywhere. I got the bright white and it turns heads every day. Very happy overall."

Love the car. Found a new family in it.

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks, mileage, car community, fun, projectors"

Cons: "short first gear, better tires from factory"

Third from the left is mine. Group photo :) Love the track lights!

"I write this review as I have exactly 10,000 miles on my car right now. I have the 2013 2.0 manual Sxt special edition. I don't have all the tech, but I still LOVE THIS CAR! I love the gas mileage, love the looks, and love the way it drives. After a while I found a local car group in Ohio called Darts of Ohio on facebook/instagram/etc. Full of people that love their car just as much as I do. Not only were they some great people, they all help out to figure out anyone's problems they may have, but keeping focused on the car. It's a first year car ladies and gentlemen. It's going to have some problems they need to figure out. I have had a couple issues, like the gas door not laying flush and some have reported it freezing. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it right away. This car is much more than I thought it ever could be. Which in reality, they don't know that much. Don't listen to some of the bad reviews. If you want the best looking car in it's class, and want something that has character and a car you can truly fall in love with, without breaking the bank, then this car is for you. The drive is good, quite, and comfortable. For a 4 cylinder this car's exhaust note is superb. The 1.4t has the best sound but you can also get a turbo in the aero in 2014. A black top is a must buy for 2014. The wheels alone cost a fortune from the dealer, but you can get the black top package for a couple hundred dollars more than a regular sxt. The only things that aren't so great are first gear (manual) is pretty short. You could start in second no problem, and the factory tires on the 2013 darts were terrible. Known for bubbling after hitting large pot holes. Many of us dart owners have gotten free replacements, but complain to your dealers. Don't be that person that has the same car everyone else has. Wouldn't trade my car for anything right now."

Third from the left is mine. Group photo :) Love the track lights!

Very nice car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "technology, styling"

Cons: "The GT version needs more horsepower"

"I purchased this dodge dart gt over a month ago. I have been very satisfied so far. The interior is awesome and I really like the styling of the car. Gas could be better I get 29mpg running around and 33mpg on the highway, even though its the most fuel efficient car I have ever owned, there are many more in its class that gets better. Handling is terrific with the performance suspension and the sport tuned exhaust sounds great. Engine power is more than adequate with the 184 HP tigershark motor but this is where my only complaint occurs. Even though the motor carries this car with ease, this is supposed to be their performance model. With that said this engine should be pushing 250 to 300 HP instead of 184 HP. Even the 283 HP pentastar V-6 would have made this a true performance car. But overall this is a great car loaded with technology that performs very adequately."

A few flaws, but overall pretty solid

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"My wife and I just purchased this,a couple of weeks back. It is a 2014 2.4 'dark blue' SXT 6 speed auto.trans. It had 62 miles on it,and you could tell it was beat on. We got a great deal on it though.. It has a few paint chips and scratches,and the drivers door alignment needs attention. I'am an ASE master auto tech,that has 36+ years experiance.I think the engine compartment 'does-not'have sufficant airflow thru it,and I have told 2 people at the dealership about my concerns about it being to hot under the hood. I have fabricated and built numerous race/and European sports cars for a living,and have always been a Mopar guy.. I did come up with some ideas to improve this problem,and addressed it to them also.. Also requested them to have a Chrysler rep contact me.. If they don't fix this problem,I think componants are eventually going to fail down the road because of this.. It drives nice,and is quick and comfortable.We have gotten 39.3 mpg already on the highway,doing about 62mph.I think once it breaks in, say another 2k or so, I think we could see over 40mpg.."

Very Impressive

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, overall feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "No auto locks, trunk/gas cap open only on inside"

"My family (including myself) have owned many Dodge vehicles. Many of those Dodges have been middle of the road buys at best. So I was skeptical when I saw the Dart. But after reading the reviews and seeing it, I went for a test drive and was enthralled. I traded in my 2010 Dodge Caliber (definition of middle of the road, serviceable and utility driven, but definitely not high quality). The Dart has admirable gas mileage, you will find better out there but definitely much worse. It is better than advertised, I drive the 6 speed manual and have gotten 40 per gallon before on the highway. I drive a lot of city and highway combined and average 33. The interior is the most comfortable of the mid range buys I have seen. It feels very tight through turns and curves (common in PA) which I love. Very modern interior, I think great looking, and so far feeling like a high quality buy. Back seat is a little crammed if you drive with a car full often. Base model has no auto locks (crazy for 2013/2014) and you cannot open the trunk or the gas tank hatch except from inside the driver seat with buttons (no key port or hatch for trunk), which I found odd. Other than those minor flaws, this Dodge is a great buy so far, especially in the 6-speed manual. I would highly recommend it."

Terrible Transmission

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "It is a car, sometimes you can even drive it"

Cons: "Lots of time in the shop"

"I purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart on June 29, 2013. Within the first 5000 miles I experienced 3 transmission failures. My car was out of service for a total of 126 days. For 98 of those days I was provided with no alternate means of transportation. When the transmission failed the third time Chrysler refused to service the car and forced me to take them to court before they would agree to fix the car, causing me to miss work and forcing me to hire an attorney. It is my opinion that Dodge clearly does not care about its customers and that this car is garbage."

A size I am comfortable in.

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, tech stuff,comfortable ride."

Cons: "None at this point"

"So far this has been a great experience. The limited I purchased had all that I needed for bells and whistles. Even the Stock stero is one of the best I have heard. It is intuitive in its tech stuff. I was impressed on how I felt entering the vehicle. It is much more expensive looking inside than other vehicles I checked out. The front seats are very comfortable and all the people who have sat in the passangers side say the same. The 2.4 is the ticket for a blend of power and fuel economy. I was surprised by its ability to merge and cruise. I am enjoying this choice."

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"handles great. love the looks. ride is smooth. have all features standard on car. gas mileage better than I thought on 40 mpg. Its fast, power and fuel efficient."

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

Don't Waste Your Money!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "No reliability-6 months old and falling apart"

"This car has been in the shop more than I have been driving it. The first month the tire blew, the electrical has a mind of it's own, I was broke down with my engine overheated and needed a tow to the dealership, faulty thermostat, and deteriorated hoses. I wanted a reliable car after my son was born and I have been dissapointed since I bought it new in October 2013. I wish I had kept my ten-year old more reliable Honda Civic. Now I am stuck with a car that may or may not break down. Only positive is the interior is well-made and I like the look of it."

one of the best cars

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "has it all"

"it is my first DODGE car.This car is excellent and for the moment,(almost a year) NO PROBLEMS.I really enjoy to drive it, the fuel economy is excellent(i got 32 miles/gln average,city and HWY.I am really happy. i have also a Mercedes Ml 350 but the last year,i use the Dart Most of the times."

Non-stop problems

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG (when it goes), fun to drive (when it drives)"

Cons: "unreliable, constantly broken, expensive repairs"

"Here's a quick list for our SXT 1.4T manual: I had to replace the blower moter at 8500 (it was making a very loud noise). At 28k the clutch pedal had been sticking occasionally (dealership just greased it and gave it back) and the fuel gauge stopped working occasionally (they ordered a new computer). The car was chugging, sputtering, and losing power randomly at various RPMs, couldn't get the dealership to recreate it, they suggested that the 30k service was due. Performed 30k service, including spark plugs (used Denso plugs - gapped correctly). At 35k sputtering and shuttering got worse, car would skip when shifting. At 38k the dealership suggested we had "bad plugs" but wouldn't tell me what was bad other than "non-GKN/Mopar" so I bought the GKN plugs (which they wanted to charge me $350 to replace 4 plugs) and put those in, the problem continued but was not as bad. We took it to another dealership and they cleared a misfire code and couldn't find the problem. In the middle of this, the car broke down and stranded us in Vermont in the middle of the night. Their next attempt was to replace the computer finally, but that didn't fix it. Two dealerships later and 4 visits later, the final dealership we tried (on their 3rd attempt) finally got it to misfire for them, they replaced a coil-pack. This was at 46k. We dealt with this issue from 28k to 46k...it has been very difficult. Meanwhile, the gas door has also been stuck everytime it's below 30F outside, and the motor that releases the door lever just died on us. To get gas, you have to pop the trunk, pull back the carpet on that side and reach your hand behind it to pull a little yellow cable then with your other hand pull on the gas door. The door lock buttons on the driver side door also just stopped working. The clutch pedal still sticks all the time and if you drive on rough roads, the wheels bend. I just hit a pothole, which destroyed a wheel and tire simultaneously. I'm in the process of trying to get that replaced now. Supposedly two of the other wheels are "slightly" bent too. If you try to contact Dodge directly they tell you to go talk to a dealership. Most of the dealerships I've been to are swindlers that have no interest in helping you or even talking about your warranty. I found one good one, one. I'm trying to work with them now, but they're an hour from my house, so that's fun when your car barely drives. We are very unhappy with this car and Dodge in general at this point."

Great On Fuel

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, Gas, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Fabric Seats, noisy interior"

By the lake near Mt Shasta Ca, Dec 2013

"Seats do not fit everyone but has a lot of front leg room, trunk space is ok. Head room is good. Much nicer interior than the Toyota Corolla by far! Sporty sexy looking."

By the lake near Mt Shasta Ca, Dec 2013