2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,069 - $15,646.

10/7.4

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

"handles great. love the looks. ride is smooth. have all features standard on car. gas mileage better than I thought on 40 mpg. Its fast, power and fuel efficient."

DART SXT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Engine, interior features, gas mileage"

Cons: "nothing at this time"

Don't Waste Your Money!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "No reliability-6 months old and falling apart"

"This car has been in the shop more than I have been driving it. The first month the tire blew, the electrical has a mind of it's own, I was broke down with my engine overheated and needed a tow to the dealership, faulty thermostat, and deteriorated hoses. I wanted a reliable car after my son was born and I have been dissapointed since I bought it new in October 2013. I wish I had kept my ten-year old more reliable Honda Civic. Now I am stuck with a car that may or may not break down. Only positive is the interior is well-made and I like the look of it."

one of the best cars

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "has it all"

"it is my first DODGE car.This car is excellent and for the moment,(almost a year) NO PROBLEMS.I really enjoy to drive it, the fuel economy is excellent(i got 32 miles/gln average,city and HWY.I am really happy. i have also a Mercedes Ml 350 but the last year,i use the Dart Most of the times."

Non-stop problems

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG (when it goes), fun to drive (when it drives)"

Cons: "unreliable, constantly broken, expensive repairs"

"Here's a quick list for our SXT 1.4T manual: I had to replace the blower moter at 8500 (it was making a very loud noise). At 28k the clutch pedal had been sticking occasionally (dealership just greased it and gave it back) and the fuel gauge stopped working occasionally (they ordered a new computer). The car was chugging, sputtering, and losing power randomly at various RPMs, couldn't get the dealership to recreate it, they suggested that the 30k service was due. Performed 30k service, including spark plugs (used Denso plugs - gapped correctly). At 35k sputtering and shuttering got worse, car would skip when shifting. At 38k the dealership suggested we had "bad plugs" but wouldn't tell me what was bad other than "non-GKN/Mopar" so I bought the GKN plugs (which they wanted to charge me $350 to replace 4 plugs) and put those in, the problem continued but was not as bad. We took it to another dealership and they cleared a misfire code and couldn't find the problem. In the middle of this, the car broke down and stranded us in Vermont in the middle of the night. Their next attempt was to replace the computer finally, but that didn't fix it. Two dealerships later and 4 visits later, the final dealership we tried (on their 3rd attempt) finally got it to misfire for them, they replaced a coil-pack. This was at 46k. We dealt with this issue from 28k to 46k...it has been very difficult. Meanwhile, the gas door has also been stuck everytime it's below 30F outside, and the motor that releases the door lever just died on us. To get gas, you have to pop the trunk, pull back the carpet on that side and reach your hand behind it to pull a little yellow cable then with your other hand pull on the gas door. The door lock buttons on the driver side door also just stopped working. The clutch pedal still sticks all the time and if you drive on rough roads, the wheels bend. I just hit a pothole, which destroyed a wheel and tire simultaneously. I'm in the process of trying to get that replaced now. Supposedly two of the other wheels are "slightly" bent too. If you try to contact Dodge directly they tell you to go talk to a dealership. Most of the dealerships I've been to are swindlers that have no interest in helping you or even talking about your warranty. I found one good one, one. I'm trying to work with them now, but they're an hour from my house, so that's fun when your car barely drives. We are very unhappy with this car and Dodge in general at this point."

See if you qualify for