2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,461 - $19,253.

10/7.4

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Nice, comfortable drive.....BUT...

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfortable interior, cute car"

Cons: "very noisy, lots of rattling noises"

"I really like my Dart except that I have found the car to have a lot of rattling noises. For example, at the driver's side window, it's a buzzing sound like a fly buzzing in a window. Somewhere in the dash on the passenger side, there is a different rattling sound. On the passenger side in the door area, yet a different rattling noise. And when I am at freeway speed, there is something on the passenger side on the outside that constantly sounds like a flapping sound. It reminds me of the sound a flag would make if it were flapping in the wind. I have had the car back to the service department three times with no success. The car is a great ride, but these noises bother me to the extent that it sort of ruins the experience of driving my new car. This is a 2013 model I purchased at the end of 2013. Less than 11,000 miles on it."

So far, it's an excellent car

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Spacious interior, sporty handling and good mpg"

Cons: "None thus far"

"I don't understand all the negative press from the "experts" in the auto media over the Dodge Dart. I personally find it to be a great vehicle that not only looks good, but drives good too. I purchased the 2014 Limited back in April and 6,000 miles in, I really have no problems to report. There's a slight rattle in the dash, but it comes and goes and can be remedied. Other than that, so far so good. I am also getting approx. 30 mpg combined (I do a lot of highway driving) and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L engine. That's a far cry from the reviews I have read where drivers were reporting much lower combined numbers. The interior is fantastic for a car in this price range. Comfortable Nappa leather seats, the 8.4" UConnect touchscreen system with Navigation by Garmin, dual zone climate, heated front seats and steering wheel, and a 9-speaker, 500-watt sound system are all things you'd find on a higher-end car. Add in the back-up camera with rear park assist, blind spot detection and a power sunroof and the Dart has just about all the bells and whistles one could want for a very decent price. Again, so far I am very pleased with this car. Dodge has been promoting the car more recently and I have seen more on the road, so hopefully people start to realize that there are other options aside from the cars the "experts" all say we should be buying such as the Focus, Civic and Corolla."

Awesome midsize!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Manual, Fun to drive, Turbo, Customizable, COOL!"

Cons: "Turbo lag at low RPM, Could use more HP!"

"This car is awesome! If you can drive a stick, get it! So much fun to drive. The features are endless."

Pleasantly surprised by the Dart

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice-driving, quiet, good value for the price"

Cons: "The clutch engages a little high"

"After reading so many media reviews that bum-rapped the Dodge Dart for weight, economy, or a multitude of reasons and many of them calling it an almost competitor; then reading how wonderful the Ford Focus was, I fully expected to be disappointed when I test drove my first Dart. Actually, I was surprised at how nice it was. But..the Ford dealer was on the other side of the parking lot so off I went, thinking if the professional reviewers think this is not that good, the Focus is really going to be something. It was. It was disappointing. Compared to the Dart, the Focus was noisier, lacked steering "feel", had a "rubber" shift linkage ( manual trans) and the ride wasn't as smooth. I bought a SXT Rallye with a nice 6 speed manual trans, and 8.4 UConnect. For under $20K I got a car that rides comfortably and quietly, has decent room and pretty sporty handling with good steering feel, gets 35 MPG on the interstate, exhibits quality construction and hasn't had a problem in 3 months / 6000 miles. It's also a good looking car. I'm glad I bought it. I really wonder about the automotive journalists......?"

looks small on the outside but much bigger inside!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "great price,great handling,nice interior"

Cons: "Needs SRT version with either V6 option or turbo 2."

"Arrived at dealer wanting a 2014 Charger but wasn't impressed unless it was a fully loaded SRT but wasn't going to drop 40K and base model just didn't do it for me! So I looked off in the distance kind of let down and then I noticed this 2014 Dart and it was sharp! So I decided on a test drive and I really enjoyed it and purchased one and almost a month later I couldn't be more happy with everything this car has to offer! It's a fully loaded GT and really stands out!"