1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 347 Ratings for the 1987 - 1996 models.

5.2 Litre V8 Dakotas

By on Thursday, February 03, 2011

"This is my second 5.2L V8 Dakota. The 5 speed has more torque and is more fun to drive. It'll run against a Mustang capably. I'm not a big fan of the 3.9L V6 engine. The Dakotas have similar handling characteristics of a car yet you can still haul a fair amount of weight. The standard cab p/u is very nimble for a truck. The towing capacity of the 5 speed standard cab is @ 6500 pounds. You can pull alot of weight easily but the truck doesn't have enough mass to slow down a loaded trailer quickly and efficiently. I still own both of my Dakotas and enjoy both of them. I prefer the standard cab 5 speed to the club cab automatic 9 times out of 10. Cons: fuel level sensor faulty on many of these trucks. The radiator water jackets will clog up easily, use distilled water only. Clean the throttle body once a year to prevent rough idle. Interior amenities as well as fit and finish are somewhat behind the times but that's kind of typical of CDP/Mopar. Their trucks have always been known for their utilitarianism. Between the size of a tiny ranger or a huge truck the Dakota balances performance, maneuverability, payload capacity, fuel consumption, durability, dependability, and is a pleasure to drive. Until the 1997 Dakota body style was introduced this truck was in a class all its own. I find it a happy medium between a cramped, under-powered pickup wannabe and a cavernous, lumbering gas guzzler full size pickup. At 5' 10" I can reach into my truck toolbox from the ground instead of needing to climb into the bed of the truck to grab what I need. In my opinion, these trucks are good, Tonkatough, reliable work horses during the day and comfortable, spacious, and powerful enough for the evenings, weekends, and roadtrips. After 16 years of driving Dakotas I'm still smiling. I've looked for an R/T Dakota with low miles, great service records, and an adult driver who kept it out of the ditches (not an easy vehicle to find just anywhere) but I'm not always convinced that the insurance increase would be offset by the fun. Now, the SRT 10, on the other hand... The Dakota is a versatile, capable, dependable truck that I know will get the job done and in short order. Once the job is done you can expect a comfortable, enjoyable drive to your next destination. It's simple, straightforward, and economical to maintain. There's plenty of room to work in the engine compartment. I have no complaints, and for me, that's rare. Happy motoring."

Excellent when you don't need a monster truck

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy, reliable, predictable to drive, no worries"

Cons: "Gas mileage fair, original paint not good"

"I regularly service this truck per the manual, and have had very little problems with it except for normal wear and tear. I'm on the 4th set of tires, third battery, replaced the main shaft oil seal twice, re-done the brakes twice, painted it once, replaced the plastic headlight lenses once, and re-did the driver's seat upholstery. It doesn't leak or burn oil, passes emissions easily, gets the same mileage (17-18/23-25), doesn't rattle, and all the electronics and lights work. No recalls, either. I'm a big guy but don't need a full-size pickup, and can't fit in the small ones. The Dakota has been ideal for me."

dodge trucks are the most dependable trucks I have

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "to many good things to list!"

Cons: "I find nothing to say anything negative to list"

"the best thing about this truck is the fact that I bought this truck from the man who bought it new and he took such good care of it like he wanted it to last for ever"

Overall good truck

By on Thursday, September 09, 2010

"these trucks are great trucks. General mechanical issues over the years. Dokotas generally have some sort of transmission issue when in the high milage due to that Overdrive feature on the automatic transmission. Some are also known for minor electrical issues. But the engines are solid. Its the dodge 318 block essentially just missing 2cyl to make it the v6. So a very goo work truck"

No complaints

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"This is really a good truck, Mine has the 5.2L which is the best motor avaliable in my opinion. It may use some gas but it has power, performance, and reliablity like few others. Everytime i turn the key it starts, everytime i need to pass someone it goes, and evertime i need to haul anything that fits in the bed it does with no problem. I really like the idea of a 1/2 ton small truck, it makes it easier to drive and easier on the pocket compared to the Dodge Ram. I think its rated to haul about 1500lbs give or take. Also my truck is the mark III version with all the options (except leather) and for a truck it is pretty comfortable. I was suprised i could relativily comfortably have 4 adults ride around in it. (club cab) And these trucks can take some abuse, they are true american quality. Now the only complaint i have is how thin the sheet metal on it is, once you give it a little bang it always leaves a dent. It cant all be great. I would highly recomend this vehicle to anyone. Its always nice to have a truck, and this is a good one to have."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals