• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

8.0

Based on 536 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great little nice truck that will haul a trailer.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

"This is a beautiful little truck that has many years and miles in it. It has been kept covered area, the oil in the engine, trans. and power steering all changed every 3 mo. or 3000 miles."

Replacing parts at 160k

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, deep center console, 2cup holders fwd"

Cons: "cloth interior stains easy, no lock on glovebox"

"Got truck used with 66k on engine & GETTRAG 6sp tranny V6 engine. Great on gasoline - still get 20mpg on highway. Had 4wd fluids flushed at 95k. 100k did tune up, spark plugs, knock sensor. This is my 2nd Dodge Dakota, I just had to get another one with manual tranny. This has been an excellent running truck til it hit 160k. Then throwout bearing went and I had a new clutch & flywheel installed to save labor cost of doing it later. replaced ball joints, tie rods, and bushings. still has a lot of original parts in it. body is holding up well - minimal rust down by rear wheel wells. The oil & filter changes done every 10k miles. I have reports from Blackstone labs - oil is still good at 10k, 5w-30 Quaker State brand. I drive a lot so I'm hoping to keep this truck going for another 12k miles without too much expense. the Dakota Service manual has a whole bunch of stuff that gets replaced at 192k and I'll need to save up for that service. I plan to keep it for a few more years & looking fwd to getting another 160k out of it."

Like new, great 4wd truck with Jensen stereo.

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Great truck, no longer made."

Cons: "a little top heavy."

"Great dodge dakota truck. Everything is like new. Great Jensen stereo system with GPS, Sirrus XM"

azq

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "price 10,000 smooth driving"

Cons: "3 cup holders and compart for dvds and paper work"

"also comes with heated seats and extra glove console fits 5 person great for camping also has a soft cover tanatue cover easy to remove if you like and bed liner with option of tool box for the bed maintained very well new tires calaibers and brakes great in snow and all weather condition"

2008 Dakota Sport an Excellent Mid Sized Truck

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Longevity, Size, Towing Capacity, 4x4 with a V-8"

Cons: "Discontinued, hard to find a good used one!"

"This is our second Dodge Dakota, our first one was a 1994 Dakota Sport with the Magnum V-8 that we lovingly named Mabeline. When I first bought Mabeline for our cabin my wife was not a fan of both "her" and trucks, but that quickly changed. Mabeline was excellent at towing the toys (boat, seadoo, snowmobiles, utility trailer and more)! Yes, she did have some rust, nothing that 100 MPH tape couldn't take care of. Yes, I did duct tape Mabeline together, but did I mention she was a $500.00 purchase? I bought her from a neighbor who purchased her new, and didn't need a four wheel drive truck any more. For four years she performed flawlessly! With over 140,000 miles on her, my wife suggested we get a replacement and that is when we found "Scarlett". Scarlett is a red 2008 Dakota Sport Quad Cab 4x4 also with a V-8. We purchased her last June and she had 63,000 miles on her. So far "Scarlett" too has performed flawlessly as expected. Not only does she haul the toys, but with four doors does a great job of being a people hauler too. We are looking forward in keeping "Scarlett" for many years because since Dodge, I mean Ram discountinued the Dakota and finding a good used one is getting harder. Mabeline is still in the family and is still running well, even with a new "coat" of duct tape to cover the bottom of the rusted doors. My niece is now her newest owner, and looks forward to driving her for many more years. Mabeline is running well after 21 years! So, Scarlett has big tires to fill, but we are confident with preventative maintaince she will have a long life as well. I whole heartedly recommend the Dodge Dakota based on our experiences."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals