• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

8.0

Based on 540 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Awesome truck, I just wish I would of got 4 WD.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Good Looking, V-8 rocks"

Cons: "small rear seats"

"I bought new in 2007. The truck has been a loyal friend that I have been able to count on always. I only wish that I would of gotten a 4X4 as my lifestyle has changed. I have 67,000 miles on the original brakes and battery. I have only needed to replace one set of tires as well as one set of sway bar end links. The power of this truck is awesome and it handles well on all roads. I have gotten upwards of 23 MPG going 65MPH on long highway trips."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, room, features, comfort, power"

Cons: "Dshboard dials, comfort and gas mileage"

"I know everyone feels superior with a Ram, but this is a better truck. We love this truck. It is such a great looking truck and has a lot of good features. The only thing I didn't like about it, which is minor, is the white dials on the dashboard. Otherwise, I was very sad to lose this truck. It was black and so sharp looking. It's too bad Dodge quit making this truck. It was the perfect size for us, an older couple. Loved having the back seat for our grandchildren's carseats and felt it had safety and power. Since they don't make Dakotas anymore, we will have to buy a used one again someday."

I do love a Dodge!!!!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"This is my second Dodge truck, my first was a Ram 1500 4x4 ext cab. It was loaded for bear and I felt like a million bucks behind the wheel! I bought a Grand Caravan after our fourth grandchild was born in order to make it easier to transport them and my husband began driving the Ram. The Caravan was loaded as well, and it was an exceptional vehicle, however; it wasn't my truck. Once the children grew big enough to be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own, I then purchased the Dakota. I kept the Caravan, for the 7 passenger seating, but I needed a truck. I have two complaints with my Dakota, one is the V6 motor. I wish I had bought the Dakaota with the V8. The V6 really just doesn't have quite enough power to pull and do what I need to do without putting a little more strain on the motor than I like to. The only other real complaint I have is that there really is not much room inside the cab of the truck for you to even set your purse down and it not be in the way of something or someone. The cramped space, however, I feel is not much of a complaint! I love my DODGE! I AM A PROUD DODGE OWNER ... THREE TIMES OVER! If you haven't test driven a Dodge, you don't know what you've missed!"

Sleek Styling, Great Towing, Plenty of Room

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Comfortable, Reliable"

Cons: "Cheap, plastic interior."

"Great truck! Solid performance and great riding experience. Cab is roomy and comfortable. The interior is OK..not so impressive, but hey its a truck. The V8 has some spunk to it and has a great towing capacity. Obviously eats some gas though. Around town I get about 14 MPG and highway is 18.5 MPG. My commute to work is a combo of highway driving and city... That trip I usually average 17."

great truck for price point

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"great truck with good gas mileage handles towing well towed 2500 lbs for 400 miles off bumper has done everytihing I needed it to do"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals