• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

8.3

Based on 1386 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Best Purchase I ever made

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, Comfortable, reliable, self serviceable"

Cons: "Fuel economy (8-20mpg), cosmetic rust"

"I was the second owner of the vehicle. We are a one car family and the car has never left us high and dry. I've put on 130,000+ miles on the truck. It's tough enough for pulling and Stopping horse trailers and boats. I have the V8 4.7L. The only thing to watch for is the rust. Mine is only seen on the inside bottom of the doors, rear bumper and edges of bed near cab. I spent some time repairing the rust 15,000 miles ago and haven't had any other issues. This vehicle is also the EASIEST servicing vehicle I have ever had. If you are a basic DIYer or aren't afraid to "tinker" you can handle 80% of the repairs/maintenance on your own thanks to Youtube and a Chilton's manual."

Best Truck Ever!

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very roomy fun to drive"

Cons: "No cons"

"I have owned my 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4 for about a year and half 2 years now. I love this truck. It is very reliable. No problems with it what so ever. Very easy to fix. I've done all the repairs on this truck myself. I recommend this truck to anyone that wants a great reliable truck that they can fix them selves as need be. This truck also gets great gas milage!!"

Very dependable mid-size truck.

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, attractive"

Cons: "Paint fades out, susceptible to rust out"

"I have owned this truck for nearly 10 years. No issues with drive train at all. I have the 3.9 six with 5 speed manual, basic, sport model. Replaced the stock 15" wheels with 17" wheels from an R/T. Running larger tires makes all the difference in the world with driveability. Installed cold air intake. Installed colder plugs and colder thermostat. This motor likes to run cool. Not the smoothest idle in the world. But runs like a V8 on the highway. Interior and body style still looks good. But the paint is now sun burned and rust is eating out the rear fenders and fron bumper. Otherwise, its still going strong. It will make somebody a good work truck when I finally let it go."

Extremely dependable

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, rugged, and reliable"

Cons: "Poor fuel economy"

September 2001 in Fallbrook, California

"We have owned this truck since new. It is comfortable, rugged, and reliable. Very few problems, most were simple maintenance issues. Runs as good now as it did new. The only drawback is the gas mileage due to the towing package. We get 14 MPG City and 19 MPG Highway."

September 2001 in Fallbrook, California

Good reliable truck

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good looking truck, confor. interior"

Cons: "about 14-17 GPM on the city, club cab no 3rd door"

"My Dakota Sport 2004 V6 has been a very good truck to me, got it out the dealer with 000 miles, great load capacity for the size, I have been consistent with oil change and other regular maintenance requirements, never really have a problem with it until few months ago, I replace water pump and radiator upper hose, and all I can say still drives like knew, I used my truck for landscaping work and magazines delivery and paper can be very heavy especially when you fill up the bed, my advise is.., used it but don't abuse it! and will last."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals