• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

8.0

Based on 538 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

dependable clean truck

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

"Bought in South Carolina 2006.Brought north and stored indoors since 2012 to present."

Great truck

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"My first car was toyota corolla happy with it ,change to toyota 1990 pick up and i was so disappointed parts really expensive and was braking all the time ,I always wanted to get a dakota but financial issues were on the way well i finally got it, it was 2006 17,000 miles got it on april of 2008 now after 7 years of use and 118,000 miles later i haven't have any issues with it and beleive i use it alot from trimming trees to moving bricks for some costructions sites, I am so happy and I keep it as nices I can i ad some stickers on the side to make it looks sporty, every body thinks is new, no mecanical issues at all, the only parts that i changed were the battery and break pad other then that oil change every 3 months wetter is 3000 mile or not i just really love .Next year im planning on buying another one for my son he love this one too.Over all i definily recomend this vehicle also bigger then other small size trucks ."

Great little nice truck that will haul a trailer.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

"This is a beautiful little truck that has many years and miles in it. It has been kept covered area, the oil in the engine, trans. and power steering all changed every 3 mo. or 3000 miles."

Replacing parts at 160k

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, deep center console, 2cup holders fwd"

Cons: "cloth interior stains easy, no lock on glovebox"

"Got truck used with 66k on engine & GETTRAG 6sp tranny V6 engine. Great on gasoline - still get 20mpg on highway. Had 4wd fluids flushed at 95k. 100k did tune up, spark plugs, knock sensor. This is my 2nd Dodge Dakota, I just had to get another one with manual tranny. This has been an excellent running truck til it hit 160k. Then throwout bearing went and I had a new clutch & flywheel installed to save labor cost of doing it later. replaced ball joints, tie rods, and bushings. still has a lot of original parts in it. body is holding up well - minimal rust down by rear wheel wells. The oil & filter changes done every 10k miles. I have reports from Blackstone labs - oil is still good at 10k, 5w-30 Quaker State brand. I drive a lot so I'm hoping to keep this truck going for another 12k miles without too much expense. the Dakota Service manual has a whole bunch of stuff that gets replaced at 192k and I'll need to save up for that service. I plan to keep it for a few more years & looking fwd to getting another 160k out of it."

Like new, great 4wd truck with Jensen stereo.

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Great truck, no longer made."

Cons: "a little top heavy."

"Great dodge dakota truck. Everything is like new. Great Jensen stereo system with GPS, Sirrus XM"

azq

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "price 10,000 smooth driving"

Cons: "3 cup holders and compart for dvds and paper work"

"also comes with heated seats and extra glove console fits 5 person great for camping also has a soft cover tanatue cover easy to remove if you like and bed liner with option of tool box for the bed maintained very well new tires calaibers and brakes great in snow and all weather condition"

2008 Dakota Sport an Excellent Mid Sized Truck

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Longevity, Size, Towing Capacity, 4x4 with a V-8"

Cons: "Discontinued, hard to find a good used one!"

"This is our second Dodge Dakota, our first one was a 1994 Dakota Sport with the Magnum V-8 that we lovingly named Mabeline. When I first bought Mabeline for our cabin my wife was not a fan of both "her" and trucks, but that quickly changed. Mabeline was excellent at towing the toys (boat, seadoo, snowmobiles, utility trailer and more)! Yes, she did have some rust, nothing that 100 MPH tape couldn't take care of. Yes, I did duct tape Mabeline together, but did I mention she was a $500.00 purchase? I bought her from a neighbor who purchased her new, and didn't need a four wheel drive truck any more. For four years she performed flawlessly! With over 140,000 miles on her, my wife suggested we get a replacement and that is when we found "Scarlett". Scarlett is a red 2008 Dakota Sport Quad Cab 4x4 also with a V-8. We purchased her last June and she had 63,000 miles on her. So far "Scarlett" too has performed flawlessly as expected. Not only does she haul the toys, but with four doors does a great job of being a people hauler too. We are looking forward in keeping "Scarlett" for many years because since Dodge, I mean Ram discountinued the Dakota and finding a good used one is getting harder. Mabeline is still in the family and is still running well, even with a new "coat" of duct tape to cover the bottom of the rusted doors. My niece is now her newest owner, and looks forward to driving her for many more years. Mabeline is running well after 21 years! So, Scarlett has big tires to fill, but we are confident with preventative maintaince she will have a long life as well. I whole heartedly recommend the Dodge Dakota based on our experiences."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Bought this truck new in feb 2007 have never had not one problem great truck all the way around, gas mileage is a little rough but has gotten better sense its reached the thirty thousand mile range also has the ho v8 which caused the gas mileage i would think,16mpg in town 22hwy other than that a all around great truck and if they still made them i would buy another."

ONE OF MY BETTER DECISIONS

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

"USED AS A TRUCK.....DROVE LIKE A TRUCK.....WORKED LIKE A TRUCK"

This is the ultimate truck! Best ever!

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. All around versatile truck"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

The best truck EVER!

"This truck is incredible. It has handled everything we've thrown at it from transporting people and animals across the country to hauling landscaping and remodeling materials. We've had both a cap and a soft tonneau cover on it. It is an all around versatile vehicle. And for all the beefiness of this truck, it rides like a car. Total package! I truly can't think of anything negative to say about it."

The best truck EVER!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals