• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

8.0

Based on 541 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Awesome truck, I just wish I would of got 4 WD.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Good Looking, V-8 rocks"

Cons: "small rear seats"

"I bought new in 2007. The truck has been a loyal friend that I have been able to count on always. I only wish that I would of gotten a 4X4 as my lifestyle has changed. I have 67,000 miles on the original brakes and battery. I have only needed to replace one set of tires as well as one set of sway bar end links. The power of this truck is awesome and it handles well on all roads. I have gotten upwards of 23 MPG going 65MPH on long highway trips."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, room, features, comfort, power"

Cons: "Dshboard dials, comfort and gas mileage"

"I know everyone feels superior with a Ram, but this is a better truck. We love this truck. It is such a great looking truck and has a lot of good features. The only thing I didn't like about it, which is minor, is the white dials on the dashboard. Otherwise, I was very sad to lose this truck. It was black and so sharp looking. It's too bad Dodge quit making this truck. It was the perfect size for us, an older couple. Loved having the back seat for our grandchildren's carseats and felt it had safety and power. Since they don't make Dakotas anymore, we will have to buy a used one again someday."

I do love a Dodge!!!!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"This is my second Dodge truck, my first was a Ram 1500 4x4 ext cab. It was loaded for bear and I felt like a million bucks behind the wheel! I bought a Grand Caravan after our fourth grandchild was born in order to make it easier to transport them and my husband began driving the Ram. The Caravan was loaded as well, and it was an exceptional vehicle, however; it wasn't my truck. Once the children grew big enough to be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own, I then purchased the Dakota. I kept the Caravan, for the 7 passenger seating, but I needed a truck. I have two complaints with my Dakota, one is the V6 motor. I wish I had bought the Dakaota with the V8. The V6 really just doesn't have quite enough power to pull and do what I need to do without putting a little more strain on the motor than I like to. The only other real complaint I have is that there really is not much room inside the cab of the truck for you to even set your purse down and it not be in the way of something or someone. The cramped space, however, I feel is not much of a complaint! I love my DODGE! I AM A PROUD DODGE OWNER ... THREE TIMES OVER! If you haven't test driven a Dodge, you don't know what you've missed!"

Sleek Styling, Great Towing, Plenty of Room

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Comfortable, Reliable"

Cons: "Cheap, plastic interior."

"Great truck! Solid performance and great riding experience. Cab is roomy and comfortable. The interior is OK..not so impressive, but hey its a truck. The V8 has some spunk to it and has a great towing capacity. Obviously eats some gas though. Around town I get about 14 MPG and highway is 18.5 MPG. My commute to work is a combo of highway driving and city... That trip I usually average 17."

great truck for price point

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"great truck with good gas mileage handles towing well towed 2500 lbs for 400 miles off bumper has done everytihing I needed it to do"

Room for my golf clubs

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Overall, i'm pleased with the vehicle. My previous truck was a Ford Ranger. I would rate it a bit better than the Ranger even though I have been a Ford guy most of my life."

It's a BEAST!!!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Awesome truck,I put over 40k on it so far no major problems.I bought it new in 06 and got a sweet deal.Sway bar links were just replaced,and its about time for tires,but at this mileage,that is to be expected.I am getting 20-22 mpg highway,17 all around.And thats with the 4.7 4x4.It rides great,is quiet at highway speeds and actually handles pretty well for a truck.The size is perfect,I didn'tneed a full size,but the bed is a bit small.I got the quad cab-I have kids.I was thinking of trading it for an 08 or now an 09,but I like it too much to let it go."

Love it!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"Extremely pleased with the comfort and styling of the truck. (It actually has a more comfortable ride than our late model Volvo.) The size is perfect for our needs, mostly to and from work. The bed, though relatively small, is perfect for all our home improvement needs. We were hoping for better gas mileage, in town, 15-17, highway, 20-22, but still not bad. Overall we're very pleased! Highly recommend the truck!"

Great Truck

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"This is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and ride in. I took it on a 250 mile trip and wasn't tired. My daughter sat in the back seat and had no complaints (about the truck). It has power if you need it and can get 20 mpg if you take it easy on the pedal. It handles very well on the road and it stops on a dime. I took it on a trail and never took it out of 2/WD. This is a fun truck to drive. The best part of going to work is driving my truck."

Just average at best

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Just not what I thought it would be. For the money they cost you can get alot nicer SUV and have just as much if not more utility than you have with the nearly unusable bed of this truck with very little leg room in the second row. The only upside on this truck is the power supply and towing capacity, other than that its alot of money for not alot of value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals