• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

8.0

Based on 539 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Awesome truck, I just wish I would of got 4 WD.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Good Looking, V-8 rocks"

Cons: "small rear seats"

"I bought new in 2007. The truck has been a loyal friend that I have been able to count on always. I only wish that I would of gotten a 4X4 as my lifestyle has changed. I have 67,000 miles on the original brakes and battery. I have only needed to replace one set of tires as well as one set of sway bar end links. The power of this truck is awesome and it handles well on all roads. I have gotten upwards of 23 MPG going 65MPH on long highway trips."

My 2006 Dodge Dakota

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

"I have been reading around online and decided that this truck is actually very hard to come by. I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7L V8 engine and it has a six speed manual transmission. I honestly haven't really had a problem with this truck. It's very reliable, the transmission was made in Germany, and I haven't heard anything bad about it and have found no TSB's for it. I am so glad I randomly stumbled upon this truck working at the dealership I was. You honestly can't go wrong with a vehicle like this. I have put a little over 10,000 miles on it since I have gotten it. My only problem I have with this truck is the seats are not that comfortable and it does not have movable pedals. I would love to have those. But other than that, I absolutely love this vehicle."

Great truck

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"My first car was toyota corolla happy with it ,change to toyota 1990 pick up and i was so disappointed parts really expensive and was braking all the time ,I always wanted to get a dakota but financial issues were on the way well i finally got it, it was 2006 17,000 miles got it on april of 2008 now after 7 years of use and 118,000 miles later i haven't have any issues with it and beleive i use it alot from trimming trees to moving bricks for some costructions sites, I am so happy and I keep it as nices I can i ad some stickers on the side to make it looks sporty, every body thinks is new, no mecanical issues at all, the only parts that i changed were the battery and break pad other then that oil change every 3 months wetter is 3000 mile or not i just really love .Next year im planning on buying another one for my son he love this one too.Over all i definily recomend this vehicle also bigger then other small size trucks ."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, room, features, comfort, power"

Cons: "Dshboard dials, comfort and gas mileage"

"I know everyone feels superior with a Ram, but this is a better truck. We love this truck. It is such a great looking truck and has a lot of good features. The only thing I didn't like about it, which is minor, is the white dials on the dashboard. Otherwise, I was very sad to lose this truck. It was black and so sharp looking. It's too bad Dodge quit making this truck. It was the perfect size for us, an older couple. Loved having the back seat for our grandchildren's carseats and felt it had safety and power. Since they don't make Dakotas anymore, we will have to buy a used one again someday."

Impressed

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Style, Comfort, Accessibility"

Cons: "Interior,"

"Dodge always has had somewhat of a reputation for a strong built and dependable vehicle. The Dakota is one of those trucks that people seem to love driving, and I have to admit, the fuel mileage I got out of the 3.7L V6 really impressed me, considering the overall size and weight of the truck, yeah it might not have the power of the V8, but I don't really carry very heavy loads on a regular basis, nor do I need to haul. The interior is a bit bland, but comfortable and easily accessible. I have had great usage and dependability, and have been lucky to have no major mechanical issues of date. I service the vehicle myself, and take it to a shop for some of the things I can't do myself. Overall it is not bad, could be better, but not bad for a mid size truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals