• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

8.0

Based on 537 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great truck

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"My first car was toyota corolla happy with it ,change to toyota 1990 pick up and i was so disappointed parts really expensive and was braking all the time ,I always wanted to get a dakota but financial issues were on the way well i finally got it, it was 2006 17,000 miles got it on april of 2008 now after 7 years of use and 118,000 miles later i haven't have any issues with it and beleive i use it alot from trimming trees to moving bricks for some costructions sites, I am so happy and I keep it as nices I can i ad some stickers on the side to make it looks sporty, every body thinks is new, no mecanical issues at all, the only parts that i changed were the battery and break pad other then that oil change every 3 months wetter is 3000 mile or not i just really love .Next year im planning on buying another one for my son he love this one too.Over all i definily recomend this vehicle also bigger then other small size trucks ."

Great little nice truck that will haul a trailer.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

"This is a beautiful little truck that has many years and miles in it. It has been kept covered area, the oil in the engine, trans. and power steering all changed every 3 mo. or 3000 miles."

Replacing parts at 160k

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, deep center console, 2cup holders fwd"

Cons: "cloth interior stains easy, no lock on glovebox"

"Got truck used with 66k on engine & GETTRAG 6sp tranny V6 engine. Great on gasoline - still get 20mpg on highway. Had 4wd fluids flushed at 95k. 100k did tune up, spark plugs, knock sensor. This is my 2nd Dodge Dakota, I just had to get another one with manual tranny. This has been an excellent running truck til it hit 160k. Then throwout bearing went and I had a new clutch & flywheel installed to save labor cost of doing it later. replaced ball joints, tie rods, and bushings. still has a lot of original parts in it. body is holding up well - minimal rust down by rear wheel wells. The oil & filter changes done every 10k miles. I have reports from Blackstone labs - oil is still good at 10k, 5w-30 Quaker State brand. I drive a lot so I'm hoping to keep this truck going for another 12k miles without too much expense. the Dakota Service manual has a whole bunch of stuff that gets replaced at 192k and I'll need to save up for that service. I plan to keep it for a few more years & looking fwd to getting another 160k out of it."

Like new, great 4wd truck with Jensen stereo.

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Great truck, no longer made."

Cons: "a little top heavy."

"Great dodge dakota truck. Everything is like new. Great Jensen stereo system with GPS, Sirrus XM"

azq

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "price 10,000 smooth driving"

Cons: "3 cup holders and compart for dvds and paper work"

"also comes with heated seats and extra glove console fits 5 person great for camping also has a soft cover tanatue cover easy to remove if you like and bed liner with option of tool box for the bed maintained very well new tires calaibers and brakes great in snow and all weather condition"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals