2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1410 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

VERY SOLID TRUCK

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I bought my truck 7 years ago with 40K miles on it. Just passed 128K miles and still goin strong. Probably the best truck I have owned. The 4.7 V-8 has plenty of power and gas mileage is good if I am not too aggressive. Cab is plenty roomy and comfy. Easy to drive in traffic. Will buy another if this one ever quits :-)"

Ole Reliable

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I bought my Dakaota new in '98 and have owned it for 11yrs. Over those years I've had to replace some parts i.e. the ball joints, the pinion gears, and the brakes but other than that (which I would consider normal wear and tear for an 11yr old vehicle) all I've had to do is change the oil and give it regular tune-ups. This truck has seen extensive off road use and 11 very hard winters with months on end with the transmission engaged in 4WD. It has also made several long distance road trips with nary a problem. I have only 2 complaints about this truck: 1) the gas mileage is a horrendous 15mpg so when the prices spike I have to curtail my driving a little and 2) there is a reaccuring rust problem with the bumpers that I can't seem to overcome no matter how much sanding and repainting happens but as the truck is getting old now and it doesn't seem to be affecting the body at all I believe tat I'll just let it go. All in all this truck has serviced me very well for a long time and it still shows no sign of letting up any time soon so i would highly recommend it."

Worst truck I've ever owned

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Tows/hauls more than any other small pickup"

Cons: "Most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned"

"I bought this truck brand-new in 2002 and it had problems from the get-go that probably should've foreshadowed the future operation of this vehicle. I have 133,000 miles on it and for what its worth, it has been through a lot, but it also has the worst record for longevity out of any vehicle I've ever owned in my entire life. Its had several electrical fires, the motor idles really rough and its been down to the dealership multpile times to have it checked out. It fails just enough to pop a code, but not enough to show a hard fault. The transmission went out on it around 65K miles and the front brakes pretty much have to be completely replaced every 6mos to a year because the replacement rotors warp and the pads wear out quickly (normal day-to-day driving, not a lot of towing/hauling). The water pump has gone out on it twice, the harmonic balancer once, the A/C fan three times, driver's side visor screws stripped out and is floppy, The passenger side slide release broke so now all you can do to get in/out of the back seat is to climb over the center console or lean the seat forward and hope you can squeeze through the seat and the roof, and lastly the alignment goes out about once a year (which makes the tires wear out prematurely). As to the overall layout and usability of the truck it does ok. Too small and cramped for more than two adults and two small children in it on long trips which are a nightmare (probably should've put in suicide doors or had bigger doors for getting in/out of the back seat). The seats are really uncomfortable and the fabric isn't very appealing, but at least it hasn't faded or started falling apart. The motor allows some decent hauling and the truck itself can take on a lot more weight than a comparable Toyota or Nissan pickup in the same class. I honestly hate the truck in its entirety, but mostly because of the boat-load of issues I had with it, not necessarily that the truck is completely unusable."

No Problem

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"Ive owned this truck for 6 years with no major problems. Tuneup, tires ,brakes,thermostat, shocks, u joints, ball joints normal wear out stuff."

All-Around Best Truck Ever

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, Size, Easy to drive, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor paint quality, guzzles gas"

"I absolutely love this truck. I've owned it from 20,000 miles to just over 110,000. It never lets me down and can fit a load of people comfortably, or a load of lumber. You can find other trucks with features and aminities that are better, but dollar for dollar this is the best out there. Only problems I've had is the paint fading on the hood/roof and gas mileage in the city."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals